Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allies Of The Tenno (Putting This On Hold For Now) [Update 10/17]

HappyApathy

Fist: hat's off to you. Great project. We need to really focus all creative ideas in one place and let it grow.

Will be reading all of it in time. And offer art if inspiration hits.

I did one piece I would like to get some feedback around for a civilian/corpus/other.

corpus_civ_sketch1_by_gaber111-d7m4bmq.j

Fist: hat's off to you. Great project. We need to really focus all creative ideas in one place and let it grow.

Will be reading all of it in time. And offer art if inspiration hits.

I did one piece I would like to get some feedback around for a civilian/corpus/other.

corpus_civ_sketch1_by_gaber111-d7m4bmq.j

oh, you made this art more clear!  I like all the stuff there, but I think she need some kind of "google glasses" or other ciber-puper interface stuff 

rebellion's friendly hubs remark.

between young people is legend what somewhere may be rebel-cities or rebel-colonies… (x.x) this is totally stupid, ‘cause this makes this rebel-city easy target for “death ray of punishment”. even Borderlands’ Sanctuary is a base, not a city, but Handsome Jack almost destroyed it once… I see what this thread doesn't suffers from this aberration, but this stupid idea of rebel city inspired me for “allies of the tenno” event idea!

so this is event about “Vandals” and “Free colony of Io”. let’s call it “young meet”.

Vandals was young people, they was too relaxed and didn’t thought about their safety. and, of course, they didn’t listened elders. they build their “City of the Sun” - utopic place for freemen, where everyone is equal. but every fairytale have it’s end. City of the Sun was destroyed by direct orbital attack. many were dead, others weren’t able to sent SOS ‘cause all equipment were destroyed.

Free colonies of Io knew about this. As adult experienced people they knew, what every life is counts *what makes their slogan “Io dies free” deeper * so they asked Tenno to help them find Vandal survivors…

Mission: to Find Vandal survivors, convoy them to the extraction. one map contains 4 survivors. every saved survivor gives 1 point. 

so last Vandals were healed by Free Io, they became smarter, mature… older… and this is how Vandals were reborn from young trouble-makers to true rebellioners

Edited by emaralez87

@emaralez

I'll put a pointer to your suggestion in the OP

@arch111

Great pic! I'll add it to the OP where I can, I could see a character like this appearing somewhere  in the Vandal friendly hub zone (which I should really get around to fleshing out), I'll get a move on with unit descriptions when I can.

Io as a verdant colony of lushness?

Don't make me laugh.

Also: The Ghosts of the Lost Colonies seem to fit the origins of the Oracles too damn well for them to be a sub-faction.

And maybe we need to add some moral vagueness into the mix. Let's say the Oracles are a little religious, might set up an ISIS state where you liberate. Say the Red Veil doesn't trust things of Orokin make, and would rather have a libertarian, disconnected system, fueled by paranoia and hostility.

After all, we shouldn't take all our cues from SW.

Io as a verdant colony of lushness?

Also: The Ghosts of the Lost Colonies seem to fit the origins of the Oracles too damn well for them to be a sub-faction.

thought Io here ment to be just another common colony, not partisans. ok, not so "common", but surely this is colony, not partisans.

also I support idea what Ghosts may became Oracles.

Yeah, they call Io verdant and flourishing, and terraformed.

Io is constantly bombarded with radiation, both from the Sun and from Jupiter, it being the closest large satellite in Jupiter's orbit. At the same time, Jupiter's gravity is tugging the planet apart, heating the place up. 2312 suggested it might be possible to contain a colony within a Faraday Cage there, but terraforming it would be difficult.

Let's assume that DE breaks the pattern of generally having non-terraformed planets in the Solar System, which is unlikely anyway because a hell tileset is long overdue. Even if you had a magical instant magnetosphere device, you still have the problem that Io's being tugged at by Jupiter, somewhat akin to Mercury. The Orokin might have the technology to put it in a more stable orbit, but why do that when you can throw together your own planets from asteroids with that self-same technology? They evidently did that with Phobos, which right now is too small to have deserts, or just any biomes at all.

So making Io lush and rich is like making Mercury a jungle planet: it's a sin - an astronomical sin.

Yeah, they call Io verdant and flourishing, and terraformed.

Io is constantly bombarded with radiation, both from the Sun and from Jupiter, it being the closest large satellite in Jupiter's orbit. At the same time, Jupiter's gravity is tugging the planet apart, heating the place up. 2312 suggested it might be possible to contain a colony within a Faraday Cage there, but terraforming it would be difficult.

Let's assume that DE breaks the pattern of generally having non-terraformed planets in the Solar System, which is unlikely anyway because a hell tileset is long overdue. Even if you had a magical instant magnetosphere device, you still have the problem that Io's being tugged at by Jupiter, somewhat akin to Mercury. The Orokin might have the technology to put it in a more stable orbit, but why do that when you can throw together your own planets from asteroids with that self-same technology? They evidently did that with Phobos, which right now is too small to have deserts, or just any biomes at all.

So making Io lush and rich is like making Mercury a jungle planet: it's a sin - an astronomical sin.

If you have a better world to suggest I'm all ears, fact is I see the fact that Io is a geologically active planet as more of blessing then a curse for this case and makes it a better candidate for a self-sustaining world then most other moons which are essentially balls of rock and ice like Callisto (arguably Ganymede could work), sure it will take a ton of so called 'space magic' to make it work but the fact is if an oblong moon like Phobos can be made into an environment not dissimilar to Death Valley (for all we know it could have been enlarged and made spherical, if the star chart is to be taken literally then this is already true), a dwarf planet called Ceres that is wedged in the asteroid belt somehow has a breathable atmosphere with its own weather patterns, gas cities in Jupiter's atmosphere which should by your logic be crushed like tin cans, (for all we know the Orokin could have somehow 'toned down' Jupiter, and/or technology exists which is perfectly capable of manipulating the effects of gravity, why not extrapolate that to been able to stabilize a moons orbit?), why can we not imagine a future where every celestial body could be turned into a viable life sustaining world?

Warframe was never meant to be a completely scientifically accurate game anyways, and flights of the imagination are perfectly legitimate in many ways, I'm actually personally displeased by how DE seems to be intent on turning Europa into a great big ice field wasteland when it could potentially be an Oceanic water world with floating cities and underwater bases. This is a game that should be fueled by imagination and the outlandish, not constrained by hard logic and realities, I prefer to think big then be trapped by an over-application of realism.

I've also taken some game-play and lore considerations into my choice of Io to be site of an independent colony:

1. I like the name

2. Europa was already taken

3. As much as I would have liked to pick from one of Saturn's moons the fact is that it's suppose to be a Grineer stronghold, which makes the viability for the idea of an independent colony there less then plausible for me

While I could change the name to Ganymede, I honestly think Io comes off as a better name, kind of a flimsy reason but it seems to roll better for me. If you can suggest a better planet or a way to change it's current description (give a volcanic theme if you want) I'm all ears.

Also if evidence supports it I could merge the idea of the Ghosts into that of the Oracles, to be honest I was originally wanting to call the group "The Ghosts of Saturn" (I wasn't aware of the Oracles at the time) but I wanted them to inclusive of the dwarf moons that the Grineer had also occupied, if anyone can dig up more information on the group I'd be more then willing to include it.

Edited by HappyApathy

Actually, my personal opinion is you should replace the Vandals with the Oracles of Saturn, because the Oracles are the ones that are supposed to be the creators of the Vandal weapons, or at least I remember hearing or reading somewhere that they were. Just my two cents, though, it's your concept. BTW, if you're not going to replace the Vandals, the Oracles are supposed to be extremely fanatical about Orokin technology, like more-so than the Corpus. Maybe you could start there as your inspiration for designing some Oracle stuff.

Actually, my personal opinion is you should replace the Vandals with the Oracles of Saturn, because the Oracles are the ones that are supposed to be the creators of the Vandal weapons, or at least I remember hearing or reading somewhere that they were. Just my two cents, though, it's your concept. BTW, if you're not going to replace the Vandals, the Oracles are supposed to be extremely fanatical about Orokin technology, like more-so than the Corpus. Maybe you could start there as your inspiration for designing some Oracle stuff.

Well, my issue with the idea of a the Oracles of Saturn using Vandal gear is that there is little connecting them to the Corpus, if your based around Saturn you would expect them to come into conflict with the Grineer more often and as a result would tend to be armed with Grineer type weapons because that would the armaments you would find readily available from dead enemies and raided arm supplies, if your Orokin fanatics you may also be expected to be using Tenno type weapons because you put a great amount of effort into collecting Orokin artifacts, and Tenno arms would likely be one of those artifacts you would want to acquire. Where is the Corpus connection?

I see having both Wraith and Vandal gear attributed to the Red Veil if they are meant to represent the movements against both the Corpus and the Grineer actually make sense, one can imagine them stock piling weapons from both factions that have been collected through raids and scavenging.

The Vandals, or whatever group they may turn out to be, were also created with the intention of been a purely rebel group in essence, not a group interested in collecting ancient artifacts, if Vandal gear does end up somehow end up been attributed to the Oracles I would still think there would be plenty of room in terms of lore and implementation for a group such as the Corpus Rebels (to be honest they are becoming my favorite, and likely most plausible concept here).

Edited by HappyApathy

though Io problem may be solved by “space lifesupport logic” and “future is weird” instruments. btw what about Deimos?

about  Oracles of Saturn, Vandal gear and Vandals - I suggest another story. smthng like - first were separate rebellions: Vandals and Ghosts, then, when this both became parts of Red Veil they organised one more branch - Oracles, who are active in Saturn region. this would explain Orokin and Vandal stuff

Added in Vandal Friendly Hub:

Friendly Hub: The Underground

Your Tenno is deployed to a dilapidated back alley in a mass Corpus settlement, possibly a floating Gas City, overhead in the dark night sky distant Corpus freighters fly-by overhead completely unaware of your presence as you make your way down the alley. There seems to be nowhere to go except for a single nondescript open doorway, upon entering the passage you descend down a short flight of stairs to find yourself in a storage room seemingly devoid of anything of interest except for a spot of graffiti on the far wall.

As you get closer to investigate the spot the wall begins to shimmer and you realize that it is not a wall, but a hologram, as you pass through it you suddenly find yourself facing a small group of serious looking men and chances are if you weren't obviously a Tenno you would already be been searched at gunpoint for weapons or tracking devices, been as it is they let you pass to use a large lift behind them.

As the lift door opens you find yourself in a massive hideout, rows of monitors and holo-projectors line the walls, many of them been monitored by rebels coming from all sorts of walks of life and age groups, wires and cables snake along the ground everywhere as everything is hooked up to huge independent generators to power everything and keep it off the power grid, dominating it all is a large holo-table in the center, projecting all sorts of real time updates and ongoing operations, there is activity everywhere as rebels move around the various stations. How they managed to sneak all of this down here under the Corpus' noses is a tale in itself.

Pouring intently over the large central holo-table is an ex-Crewman in a well worn space suit (minus the helmet), as he looks over and examines the operation updates and passes out orders he idly fiddles with a Prova in his right hand, the guy looks like he's in charge maybe you should start by talking to him...

--------------------

I had an idea for a leader figure for the Vandals, he's sort of based on a semi-existing character, maybe you can figure out who it is, I'll post a bit of what I have and see how it's received before I decide whether to post the rest of it or not:

Former Crewman John Zhon

You know, I once beat some great big monster to death with nothin' but my Prova here, beat the thing to a bloody pulp, probably saved the entire colony that day, you know what the higher ups did? They deducted my pay for 'unnecessary damage to a prime study specimen', heh, the bastards, it was all a pointless effort anyways, heard they later liquidated the entire colony 'to reduce the chance of future outbreaks', can't believe I stuck around so long.”

- The reminiscing of Zhon

Edited by HappyApathy

You know, I once beat some great big monster to death with nothin' but my Prova here, beat the thing to a bloody pulp, probably saved the entire colony that day, you know what the higher ups did? They deducted my pay for 'unnecessary damage to a prime study specimen', heh, the bastards, it was all a pointless effort anyways, heard they later liquidated the entire colony 'to reduce the chance of future outbreaks', can't believe I stuck around so long.”

is he that badass prodman who poked down Phorid to death ? :)

So here is my idea for a new allied faction.

Name of faction: “The Changed” 

The results of an old Orokin experiment, these former animals have gained a partial immunity against the infestation, which result in an half infested, half normal body. Even if they look like a stupid mutated animal, they possess an intelligence equivalent to a human being. What they mostly set them apart from all other life forms in the solar system is their ability to consume a life form and use the genetic information which is stored in the cells to evolve themselves. They also can rewrite the genetic code of an infested and in doing so change the behavior of the infested. The cooperate with the Tenno because they know their powers form the old age and like the amount of corpses which are created by the Tennos in their fights against the Infested, Grineer and Corpus. And the Tenno cooperate with them, because of their great support in battle and their natural talent to find a hidden enemy.       

They communicate like the infested bosses per telepathy with the player and other NPCs. Here a some of their lines:

„Let us hunt…., ancient hunter/bane of the Golden (their name for the Tennos) “

“These things…are not worth…. of the All-Changer (their name for the Technocyte-virus)”

“Their code tastes….messy” (when consuming a Grineer unit)

“These prey tastes…way better… than those Sentinels”

“That’s a nice code hull you have there” (If the player wears an infested weapon)

“Stop stealing my….food” (when using Nekros Desecrate)

“These gens… belong to me” (before a stealth attack on a hostile unit)

“If he/she is not fast enough….I know… ways… to make them very fast” (during a rescue mission)

“Let me help you…with this door” (before open a closed door with their phage like organic plasma cutter)

“I sense many enemies…one for you and the rest for me…seams fair, or?”

“Oh…a fat one…that means our breed is not going be hungry tonight” (When a “heavy” unit is approaching)

“Hey, what is green, healthy and contains a lot of iron….a Grineer.”

Rationale for Existence

By reading your thread, the idea of an anti-infested or infested like player friendly faction, simply popped up in my mind.

Organization and Behavior

As former animals, they would naturally life together in a pack or herd like organization, with the strongest animal being the Alpha leader and the rest being placed in a caste like system, depending on their strength. Their “homes” are derelict/ infested ships, which they have overtaken with their control of the infested. These infested defend the homes of their new masters against any intruder. The use corrupted Void keys to enter the void and the leaf it on another place in the solar system. They name this way of traveling a “void bridged”.

Their technology is mostly based on scavenged infested abilities, like their disruption-technic which they use against shielded enemies. But they also use some parts of the other fractions, like parts of Grineer armor or parts of MOAs (the head of a Railgun MOA for example).      

In-Game Units

Their units are a wild mix of different infested unit combined with parts of the other factions.

• Controlled Infested

A controlled infested unit with a different color scheme.

• Scylla

This unit is the most common unit of the “changed” and looks like an organic zanuka, but with the head of a snake and a Scoliac like tail. These units a very fast an agile and capable of wallrunning and belly sliding. They also have a razor sharp blade horn on their forehead which they use by their ram attack. They also have the ability to throw a poison gas bomb, which will cloak them and poisons every enemy that comes in contact with the gas cloud.

• Hydra

A more heavier unit this big snake like unit, possesses three heads, which can either attack with a fire ball (based on the napalm fire ball), an ice breath (based on the corpus freeze ray) or an electric beam attack (based on the synapse/electric crawler). Every head resembles 1/3 of their lifebar, which means that they can lose them, if they take too much damage. But when they consume a corpse, they get a new head.

• Gorgon/Medusa

This unit looks like a Thysis with two bat wings, and attacks its prey with organic glue, which stops a target for a short time form moving.

• Charybdis

This unit hides the greatest part of its body underground (or water, sand, air vents and snow depending on tile set in the mission). It then randomly breaks the ground and packs all enemies in range with arms, that look like the long arm of an ancient, and then pulls them down to their numerous mounds.

Quests, events, missions etc:

Quest:The hunter of my enemies

The Quest triggers after you have killed all infested bosses at least once. You will then be visited by an Elite Scylla unit in your personal ship, which will first thank you for the excellent gen material that they could consume, thanks to you. They then invite you to a “hunt” on an infested ship in the Eris system, if you are interested in a cooperation. After this invite, the unit disappears with a “void teleport effect“. When you accept the invite (and of course you will), you will meet the unit again and she will give you a challenge. Your challenged is to kill more infested units than the “changed”.

After you win this challenge, the unit reveals herself as “Taipan” the Alpha leader of the “changed” and ask your for help with a corpus bio lab. Your mission is now to get to this secret corpus lab and free all captured “changed” form there, by either open their cells or shooting their glass tanks (the corpus lab looks like the Bio Lab in the Dojo, except the fact, that the fluid in the tanks has a blue color). During this mission Taipan and not the Lotus will guide you. After you have finished this mission Taipan gives you an “infested” badge to show every creature in the solar system your support for the pack.

After you finished this quest you will sometimes see “changed” units that consumes the corpses of your fallen enemies and they sometimes leave llittle “presents” in your ship, after you have killed a specific amount of enemies.  

They can also randomly spawn in a mission and start to hunt your enemies down and you can craft a “pheromone signal” to call them for aid in a mission.

Edited by Raptorator

Ok, here's something: the Lotus said, during Specters of Liberty, that resistance against the Corpus and Grineer was very rare indeed.

I just think maybe... give up on the Io idea? It seems unlikely they'd get liberty and lushness. Warframe's pretty dark, and giving a smiley Snow Whitey planet would kind of ruin that.

That being said, I do want everything else implemented. If Johnny Prodman really got implemented? I'd forget about playing the game and just talk to him for hours on end.

Ok, here's something: the Lotus said, during Specters of Liberty, that resistance against the Corpus and Grineer was very rare indeed.

I just think maybe... give up on the Io idea? It seems unlikely they'd get liberty and lushness. Warframe's pretty dark, and giving a smiley Snow Whitey planet would kind of ruin that.

they can get liberty for short time, then fail and their scraps may reborn in Oracles (with other's rebellions scraps). thought this would be dark enough 'cause frustration of fail of the "land of the brave". Johny may be cruel executed with other liders of Io. you know, representative execution.

Edited by emaralez87

So here is my idea for a new allied faction.

Name of faction: “The Changed” 

The results of an old Orokin experiment, these former animals have gained a partial immunity against the infestation, which result in an half infested, half normal body. Even if they look like a stupid mutated animal, they possess an intelligence equivalent to a human being. What they mostly set them apart from all other life forms in the solar system is their ability to consume a life form and use the genetic information which is stored in the cells to evolve themselves. They also can rewrite the genetic code of an infested and in doing so change the behavior of the infested. The cooperate with the Tenno because the know their powers form the old age and like the amount of corpses which are created by the Tennos in their fights against the Infested, Grineer and Corpus. And the Tenno cooperate with them, because of their great support in battle and their natural talent to find a hidden enemy.       

They communicate like the infested bosses per telepathy with the player and other NPCs. Here a some of their lines:

„Let us hunt…., ancient hunter/bane of the Golden (their name for the Tennos) “

“The things…are not worth…. of the All-Changer (their name for the Technocyte-virus)”

“Their code tastes….messy” (when consuming a Grineer unit)

“These prey tastes…way better… than those Sentinels”

“That’s a nice code hull you have there” (If the player wears an infested weapon)

“Stop stealing my….food” (when using Nekros Desecrate)

“These gens… belong to me” (before a stealth attack on a hostile unit)

“If he/she is not fast enough….I know… ways… to make them very fast” (during a rescue mission)

“Let me help you…with this door” (before open a closed door with their phage like organic plasma cutter)

“I sense many enemies…one for you and the rest for me…seams fair, or?”

“Oh…a fat one…that means our breed is not going be hungry tonight” (When a “heavy” unit is approaching)

“Hey, what is green, healthy and contains a lot of iron….a Grineer.”

Rationale for Existence

By reading your thread, the idea of an anti-infested or infested like player friendly faction, simply popped up in my mind.

Organization and Behavior

As former animals, they would naturally life together in a pack or herd like organization, with the strongest animal being the Alpha leader and the rest being placed in a caste like system, depending on their strength. Their “homes” are derelict/ infested ships, which they have overtaken with their control of the infested. These infested defend the homes of their new masters against any intruder. The use corrupted Void keys to enter the void and the leaf it on another place in the solar system. They name this way of traveling a “void bridged”.

Their technology is mostly based on scavenged infested abilities, like their disruption-technic which they use against shielded enemies. But they also use some parts of the other fractions, like parts of Grineer armor or parts of MOAs (the head of a Railgun MOA for example).      

In-Game Units

Their units are a wild mix of different infested unit combined with parts of the other factions.

• Controlled Infested

A controlled infested unit with a different color scheme.

• Scylla

This unit is the most common unit of the “changed” and looks like an organic zanuka, but with the head of a snake and a Scoliac like tail. These units a very fast an agile and capable of wall running and belly sliding. They also have a razor sharp blade horn on their forehead which they by their ram attack. They also have the ability to throw a poison gas bomb, which will cloak them and poisons every enemy that comes in contact with them.

• Hydra

A more heavier unit this big snake like unit, possesses three heads, which can either attack with a fire ball (based on the napalm fire ball), an ice breath (based on the corpus freeze ray) or an electric beam attack (based on the synapse/electric crawler) .

• Gorgon

This unit looks like a Thysis with two bat wings, and attacks its prey with organic glue, which stops a target for a short time form moving.

• Charybdis

This unit hides the greatest part of its body underground (or water, sand, air vents and snow depending on tile set in the mission). It then randomly breaks the ground and packs all enemies in range with arms that look like the long arm of an ancient.      

Quests, events, missions etc:

Quest:The hunter of my enemies

The Quest triggers after you have killed all infested bosses at least once. You will then be visited by an Elite Scylla unit in your personal ship, which will first thank you for the excellent gen material that they could consume, thanks to you. They then invite you to a “hunt” on an infested ship in the Eris system, if are interested in a cooperation. After this invite, the unit disappears with a “void teleport effect“. When you accept the invite (and of course you will), you meet the unit again and she will give you a challenge. Your challenged is to kill more infested unit than “changed”.

After you win this challenge to unit reveals herself as “Taipan” the Alpha leader of the “changed” and ask your for help with a corpus bio lab. Your mission is now to get to this secret corpus lab and free all captured “changed” form there, by either open their cells or shooting their glass tanks (the corpus lab looks like the Bio Lab in the Dojo, except the fact, that the fluid in the tanks has a blue color). During this mission Taipan and not the Lotus will guide you. After you have finished this mission Taipan gives you an “infested” badge to show every creature in the solar system your support for the pack.

After you finished this quest you will sometimes see “changed” units that consumes the corpses of your fallen enemies and the sometimes leaf little “presents” in your ship, after you have killed a specific amount of enemies.  

They can also randomly spawn in a mission and start to hunt your enemies down and you can craft a “pheromone signal” to call them for aid in a mission.

It's dark, edgy, morally questionable, I actually like this as a concept. The best I could come up with for an 'anti-infested' faction was pretty much the equivalent of zombie apocalypse survivors (or think Newt from Aliens kinda), this would kinda be like a group of friendly zombies around instead, I'll add a link to it in the OP.

That being said, I do want everything else implemented. If Johnny Prodman really got implemented? I'd forget about playing the game and just talk to him for hours on end.

I've taken that comment by the Lotus into account with a lot of my concepts, the fact is that the appearance of the Tenno is upsetting the dynamics of the Solar system, the appearance of these resistance groups, like the Red Veil, are a direct result of the Tenno's efforts to disrupt and hinder the operations of both the Corpus and Grineer who are losing their grip on power and control over the people under their rule because of the Tenno.

I'm not giving up on any of these concepts, the idea of Io been based on a society that values liberty and independence is one not unlike many developed nations in today's world and is not unrealistic nor overly utopian in nature, also the way I hope to see them implemented is in no way cheerful or uplifting. The scenario is essentially watching the death of a planet at the hands of the Grineer with the entire world been turned into a literal warzone hellscape (I'd expect the tileset to be made up of burned out buildings and grey ash fields), burning cities, ash chocked skies, refugees streaming in every direction, the Iotian military barely hanging on as their entire world is consumed in fire, I just love the image of coming up to a weary Iotian soldier as he stands upon a plateau watching an entire city going up in flames as countless Grineer drop ships continue to descend from sky and him bluntly commenting "so this is how a world dies".

As for your last comment, yes that is the famous Prodman, with a slightly more Corpus appropriate name. I noticed many people in the thread who wanted to have him in game wanted him implemented as an ally rather then an enemy, thought it would be a fun way to turn a forum-phenomenon into an actual game character (anti-Corpus equivalent of Cantis sort of character).

Edited by HappyApathy

... The scenario is essentially watching the death of a planet at the hands of the Grineer with the entire world been turned into a literal warzone hellscape (I'd expect the tileset to be made up of burned out buildings and grey ash fields), burning cities, ash chocked skies, refugees streaming in every direction, the Iotian military barely hanging on as their entire world is consumed in fire, I just love the image of coming up to a weary Iotian soldier as he stands upon a plateau watching an entire city going up in flames as countless Grineer drop ships continue to descend from sky and him bluntly commenting "so this is how a world dies".

I'm glad what your concept means story development, not just WYSIWYG

Added in Ex-crewman Zhon's entry in proper seeing as no one protested his use:

Former Crewman Zhon

I was trying to imagine who could be the leader figure for the Vandals and the first person that came to mind was Johnny Corpus of Prodman fame, if you read through the thread John/Johnny Corpus is the name that keeps coming up, also many people who suggested seeing him in game wanted to see him more often as an ally rather then a foe, this would be a great chance to turn what was originally a forum-phenomenon into an actual in-game entity, much like Derf Anyo.

I changed the name from John to Zhon (pronouned Zh-hon, Z is kinda silent) to make it more Corpus like, appearance wise he would be a rather badass looking former crewman wearing an old worn out Crewman suit, he would not be wearing a helmet when outside of combat, the helmet he would wear in combat would have Vandal styling like other former crewmen units, though done in a manner to make him more distinguishable (like an eximus leader).

His role would be the leader of the Vandal movement and a prominent member of the Red Veil, a sort of anti-Corpus counterpart to Cantis, he would be the one you would receive Vandal related quests and would also likely be the one giving you mission directives and updates while you are running them. It would also be fun to possibly see him actually in combat running around one-hit killing enemies with a Prova Vandal.

While he is meant to be a serious leader figure, at the same time he could also be a fun character too, occasionally making witty remarks and cracking a joke every so often, being able to bring some levity to a fight would actually make him seem more human then if he was a total badass the whole time.

Edited by HappyApathy

Updated Phoben units and added 1 new picture for Knife Fighter

I would expect Phoben NPC's to be mainly armed with Grineer type weapons, possibly making use of the Ceramic Dagger for melee or even a unique Phoben made dagger, they would have no armor or shields but have a particularly large health pool. Behavior wise they would make high use of cover and distance like sniper type enemies, and have very high accuracy compared to other NPC's.

Desert Skates should not spawn nearby Phoben fighters, for those that are already present the Phobens would be given a massive damage bonus against them that they would essentially one-shot any skate they come across.

For appearance I would imagine them to be based on Tusken Sand Raiders from Star Wars, and certain concept art drawn for Fremen from Dune, I actually would prefer them to use things like head and hand wraps and have a loose flowing desert robe rather then something like a stillsuit that the Fremen use.

Phoben Tribesman (with Grinlok):

xQYqAiA.jpg?2

Frontiersman

Armed with a Karak, the Frontiersman would share similar AI to the Grineer lancer, would however have greater accuracy then most NPCs.

Marksman

Equipped with the Grinlok rifle, Phoben Marksmen would behavior similarly to the Ballista or Crewman Sniper, however because it is only meant to exist in an NPC vs NPC capacity the Marksmen would be given much greater accuracy to a point where they would land almost every shot, possibly even be capable of landing headshots.

Knife Fighter

Equipped with the Ceramic Dagger (dual?), or a unique Phoben made dagger, the Knife Fighter would behave similarly to Butchers, taking cover/hiding until enemies got close before charging out in ambush. They would move at a greatly enhanced speed compared to other similar NPCs  and would have a much faster attack animation then the Butcher/Prodmans unwieldy swing, likely sharing some of the more basic dagger/dual dagger attack animations that the Tenno use.

Phoben Knife Fighter (Female):

e9CSjIL.jpg?1

Edited by HappyApathy

expanding of the In-Game Units section in "The Safo" concept post:

Loader 

Ambulas based high armoured powersuit with big capability of shield. Originally designed for construction and deconstruction works.

Weapon - spectra.

Ability - shock wave.

Battle tactic: shooting from spectra (most vulnerable state), while attacked - crouching and hiding behind suit’s robo-hands, when enemy is close - creating shockwave by robo-hand.  

g67N8Kd.jpg

OR (easier version)

Protector

Shield Lancer like unit.

Weapon - cestra.

Ability - hiding behind the shield.

Strider

Jackal-like, but little security robots. Slow and heavy. “Mobile turrets” - proto walkers. (Fodder units)

Shoot same fire as casual MOA walkers.

Acelot

Hyena-like or Zanuka-like units. Light and agile robots. Weak, but annoying. 

Weapon - melee electric charge (Prova effect).

Ability - invisibility.

Battle tactic: invisible while stalking it’s aim, then become visible while attacking.

Veteran

Scorpion-like unit. Veterans are cyborgs, created from mutilated Safos. (Fodder units)

Weapon - prod. (this prod what mobs holding after Loki’s ultimate)

Ability - hook.

Battle tactic: hooking enemy, involving to a close battle, attack by brod.

Shield Veteran

Hybrid of Protector and Veteran. Cyborgs, created from mutilated Safos.

Weapon - electric hook.

Ability - hiding behind the shield, .

Battle tactic: stun by the hook on the distance (most vulnerable state), hiding by the shield in the close battle.

Engineer

Seeker-like unit. 

Weapon - dera.

Ability - deploys latchers, what deal magnetic damage.

Attendant

Heavy unit, deployer (Corpus Tech like unit) 

Weapon - ??? idk, for now it’s may be ice elemented Lanka 

Ability - deploys shield ospreys.

Sharpshooter 

Technically this is smthng between Crewman and Sniper, like irl marksmen. You know, this is kinda not very logical to have snipers on the spaceship, but marksmen are OK I think. So, this is crewmen based units, who hiding in the dark like snipers. 

Weapon - mk1 braiton! 

Security stuff

Security cameras are hybridized with turrets, mounted near laser barriers.

plus casual Corpus units just with another colour schemes:

Shield Osprey (deployable by Engineer only)

Scavenger Drone

Anti Moa variation

I am itching to draw some art for this, Vandals especially.

I have a suggestion for a nick-name for a punk-corpus. Given that status and wealth are very important to their society, how about a really bold vandal would be called a Pro Bono, or "Have you heard? Lusha is going pro!"

Anyway, faceless with hoods and easy to move in gear with a preference for cloaking and high-speed hoverboards is how I see them.

Very bland colors to blend in with the public crowd unless in action, then I imagine glowing energy tatoos on their bodies, augmentations like blue skin, White eyes , speed and retractible claws and hackning gear.

Will try to come up with something.

In ending I just figured this image actually might be a Vandal poster.

wakeupcrewmen_by_gaber111-d7lu8ld.jpg