Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allies Of The Tenno (Putting This On Hold For Now) [Update 10/17]

HappyApathy

I don't know if it has already been suggested before, but how about a faction of Earth survivors who managed to hide under water ? 

They could use all this water on Earth to move quickly and attack by surprise.
They could make a big use of vehicles in combat, experts in hit and run manoeuvers and heavy disruption of enemy lines. 

They would sometimes appear in regular missions and claim your help on various things, or just help you for reasons.

No specific quest etc. Just random encounters but with a reasonable spawn rate.

I created "the hunters" faction a long time ago and it received quite a good feedback, but feel free to expand on it in your thread if you like the main idea. My own thread is dead, so I won't mind :p 

(however the idea was a lil' different than what I suggested above)

Good job on everything, that's what I call an awesome concept.

We still should keep in mind we should not have too many friends, imho. I don't really know why.

Edited by DeadScream

@emaralez87

I've added your additions to your concept as a link in the OP, I must say keep in mind these are meant to work mostly in an NPC vs NPC situation and unless the Safo end up been fought against by the player don't have to be overly complicated in terms of their unit mechanics or types.

@arch111

I've added your picture to the OP, as for your suggestion for a 'punk-Corpus', I can see a line like that been said by one of the younger rebels one might get a chance to chat with.

The rest of the ideas/descriptions you give would go fittingly with the concept of part of the Vandal movement been 'youth in rebellion', I also support the idea of all Corpus having face (maybe body) tattoo patterns. When you suggested some sort of claw weapon the first thing that came to mind was something like the energy sword the Elites from Halo use (though with Corpus styling of course), considering how that would essentially be a futuristic switchblade/concealed weapon it would actually be a very fitting weapon for a Corpus rebel group.

One thing I would love to see would be a Vandal themed Crewman, like with a bluish helmet, possibly an inscription on the forehead or even the Lotus symbol (would be interesting to suggest that the Lotus has a bigger role in the Solar System then she lets on), I'd imagine the suit to also be different to with Vandal like markings, also possibly been slightly damaged and patched up in areas.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

@DeadScream

I thought about adding an Earth faction but I found it hard to make one that can sensibly exist with the current lore about it been the Grineer home world where you would have expected them to have wiped out everyone else there a long time ago. Then again the Vor's Prize quest did involve a neutral mining colony (albeit one that got wiped out) on Earth so it is a possibility.

While vehicles are interesting and I really hope one day we get to fight things like Grineer gunships I don't think they would really work with the current mechanics of the game, especially land bound vehicles.

If you were to expand your idea, or find your old post and copy it to here I'll add it the list of suggestions from other people.

@Keylan118

I was actually considering posting this image here as it seemed quite appropriate given the rebel context:

CoprusHero.jpg

I actually have a back story thought out for why he would turn on the Corpus and honestly I think it sounds quite legit, it centers around the incident with Phorid and ends with him essentially typing "@#$% You" as his last employee log entry to the Board before hijacking an escape pod and deserting the ship he is on, I'll explain later when I come around to it.

The one I've really been working on is one for Cantis, I've got a basic outline for it right now, I might make it into a proper fan-fiction though I would like to make some illustrations for it, which may take a while cause as I said I'm better at writing then I am at drawing:

TO SEE THE STARS

On a dark night in a Grineer slave colony, two shadowy figures make their way to a tall factory tower, the one leading is a middle-aged man, who despite been grizzled and bent by years of hard labor still has a twinkle in his eyes and a grin on his face, following him closely is a young girl who looks around cautiously, obviously well aware of the fact they aren't suppose to be where they are, both are dressed in dirty rags and have devices similar to a Grustrag bolt wrapped around one of their ankles.

Cantis: But daddy, the bad men say were not allowed to be here!

Cantis watches as her father fiddles with a door control panels wiring

Father: My dear Cany, if a rule is unfair it deserves to be broken

The locked door opens up

Father: Aw, here we go!

Cantis' father takes her by the hand and guides her to a lift

Cantis: Daddy, where are we going?

Father: It's a surprise

Riding the lift to the top Cantis' father opens a hatchway onto the roof

Father: Here we go!

Above them is a night sky full of stars, Cantis looks around in wonderment, her father stands beside her grinning

Cantis: Wowww! There's so many of them!

Father: The light and fumes from the factories blocks them out down below, you'll only ever see all the stars from up here

The two sit down, with Cantis in her father's lap

Cantis: Will we ever get to see one up close daddy?

Father: I'm sure you will Cany, one day you'll get your own starship and visit each everyone of them

Cantis: What about you dad, will you be there?

Though he continues to smile, a look of sadness passes across the father's face

Father: I sure would like to be

A streak of light passes across the sky, Cantis points up at it

Cantis: Look dad! That ones moving really fast!

Father: Well today's your lucky day, legends say if you wish upon one it is sure to come true

Cantis turns to look up at her father, a bright smile upon her face

Cantis: Really!?

Father: Sure is, and since you saw it it's your wish, so what will it be Cany?

Cantis pauses for a moment to think, then turns her face towards the sky with a big grin on her face

Cantis: I wish everyone was up here, away from the bad men, so we could all be free to see the stars

Cantis' father looks down at her with a look of surprise and amazement, which then turns into a gentle smile, he tousles her hair playfully

Father: Your one hell of a kid Cany

Cantis: Stop it!

Both of them continue to gaze up into the night sky, content in their moment of bliss. The scene shifts to the present, a grown-up Cantis in full Red Veil combat gear sits upon a large boulder resting a Machete Wraith on her shoulder, with twin Wraith Vipers holstered around her hip, she's staring up into the same night sky she gazed upon so long ago with her father

Cantis: I wish you were here dad...

Other Red Veil members comes running up behind her, Cantis turns to look at them, in the distance behind them is same slave colony Cantis grew up in and eventually escaped from

Red Veil Member: Cantis, everything is going according to plan, the Tenno are in position to take out the garrison command and Zhon's men have just hijacked the incoming Corpus shipments, man the Grineer are going to s#%t their suits when those bay door open up!

Cantis gets from her sitting position to face her followers

Cantis: Right, that means were up, remember to stick to the plan, while the Tenno take care of the garrison, Zhon will destroy the production facilities, our objective is the slave pens and the people been held there

As she stands tall a smile starts to spread across Cantis' face

Cantis: Today, everyone gets to see the stars

Edited by HappyApathy

Looks kinda like a Warframe at the moment tbh :P, I'm guessing the green is only a placeholder color, would like to see what it looks like when you finish the face.

Not sure if it helps but you might want to take at the concept art for Derf Anyo that was posted in one of the Devstreams, while he's definitely not a civilian or a rebel he does have a slimmer figure then the regular crewman (also some more form fitting armor).

I look forward to seeing your finished piece regardless and hope to hear from you soon.

EDIT: Now that I think about it having them wear hoods sounds very appropriate, never thought of them like that before

Edited by HappyApathy

@emaralez87

I've added your additions to your concept as a link in the OP, I must say keep in mind these are meant to work mostly in an NPC vs NPC situation and unless the Safo end up been fought against by the player don't have to be overly complicated in terms of their unit mechanics or types.

I know. I updated my post and just posted this update in different post as you do. NPC part is coming :) this "battle mechanic way" of presentation of units is just easier for me to provide lore and society structure of Safos. you know, I'm good only in techsupport literature and bureaucracy... 

Minor add on to Vandal Units:

Dissident

An unarmed anti-Corpus or Tenno sympathizing civilian, the dissident would wear civilian garb and would appear in missions either needing rescue or protection.

--------

On another note I decided to try something new and digitally add in color to one of my sketches, something I've never done before (most of the time if I do add color I use color pencils), for a first time effort I don't think it came out that badly:

8b8OsuR.jpg?1

After doing this I decided to recolor it to be more appropriate for the Phobos environment:

Bomy6IR.jpg?1

Bit of a life lesson learned doing this, while it certainly takes hard work and time to get good at something, chances are it's actually a lot easier then you thought it would be once you get started. Don't expect to be winning any art contests soon but I'll get there one day.

Hi again. Went to work on a possible Vandal "hoverboard" gear. My train if thought is that like Derf, surfing or Gliding is very popular among the Corpus.

So this is a mix of store-gear and Vandal illegal tech.

As a idea, what do you think? Corpus enough?

vandal_concept_02b_by_gaber111-d7t7nf4.j

Hi again. Went to work on a possible Vandal "hoverboard" gear. My train if thought is that like Derf, surfing or Gliding is very popular among the Corpus.

''vandal_concept_02b_by_gaber111-d7t7nf4.j

wow "tronish"! I think corpus enough but most precious thing - it is so cyberpunkish! *.*

vandal_concept_02b_by_gaber111-d7t7nf4.j

I love it, only thing I would change would be to have suit be more hoodie like without the cloak in the back, besides that everything is great. I might try re-sketching some Vandal concepts based on this myself, though I'll probably lose half the detail in the process :P

EDIT: Added to OP

Edited by HappyApathy

I thought those were just rebels, not high-tech soldiers from cyberpunk.

From what I understand Arch's concept is something like a futuristic style motorcycle suit that has been modified for combat (he says it's based on the idea of hoverboard gear), you have to keep in mind that the Corpus Rebels (Vandals, tentatively) come from a high tech background and are not meant to be far-flung colonists running around in dirty rags (that's a different group :P). Even in today's world you can probably cobble together all sorts of homemade weaponry and combat gadgetry from everyday products if you put your mind and some expertise to it, you have to imagine the same spirit and mindset for these people but with a few thousand years of technological development available to them.

If you have a different interpretation of them I would like to hear it, they are still an open concept and open to suggestion.

From what I understand Arch's concept is something like a futuristic style motorcycle suit that has been modified for combat (he says it's based on the idea of hoverboard gear), you have to keep in mind that the Corpus Rebels (Vandals, tentatively) come from a high tech background and are not meant to be far-flung colonists running around in dirty rags (that's a different group :P). Even in today's world you can probably cobble together all sorts of homemade weaponry and combat gadgetry from everyday products if you put your mind and some expertise to it, you have to imagine the same spirit and mindset for these people but with a few thousand years of technological development available to them.

Well now that you said it, I kind of see what he was going for, but still, not what I imagine.

At least drop the flashy lights, don't paint a luminescent target one could see with naked eye from afar on yourself.

If you have a different interpretation of them I would like to hear it, they are still an open concept and open to suggestion.

I'll see if I can come up with something to show.

The image of the Vandal glider-suit was deliberately flashy. But imagine a gang of Vandals flying through Corpus megacity. If they want to attract attention they activate the neon-markings and taunt the enemy.

Plus its probably a cool thing to do to your ride/suit just like surfing and skating is today.

To blend in the markings go dark and mask go off.

I just wanted to avoid doing rebels without them looking corpus. Plus I love cyberpunk ;p

Well now that you said it, I kind of see what he was going for, but still, not what I imagine.

At least drop the flashy lights, don't paint a luminescent target one could see with naked eye from afar on yourself.

I'm agree with you in this... at all, but in case of Vandals this is not a thing because, as I sad before about how I see them - they are young and stupid, and this is good for storyline, 'cause theyr young stupidity gives them opportunity to get troubles to their asses, to be "dumbass in distress" stereotype in the quest/mission/event concepts and, at least, become older and smarter

Cool! Yeah, the cloak was homage to Boba Fett, can loose it in a flash.

Allso thinking of adding "0" as a tag, since it must be the worst thing imaginable to a Corpus :D

Does that mean you plan to edit the concept a little, cause I would like to see that.

I'll see if I can come up with something to show.

I've seen your other art pieces, love to see what you can come up with for this.

I'm agree with you in this... at all, but in case of Vandals this is not a thing because, as I sad before about how I see them - they are young and stupid, and this is good for storyline, 'cause theyr young stupidity gives them opportunity to get troubles to their asses, to be "dumbass in distress" stereotype in the quest/mission/event concepts and, at least, become older and smarter

In a way the Vandals are meant to be a bit of both youthful recklessness while at the same time been a serious resistance movement, while a good part of their organization is made up of young rebels a  good chunk of their leadership would be made up of former crewman who know what their doing.

Gee these guys are becoming popular.

Off-topic: I found it kinda funny that some of the more prolific posters on the fan concept forum (not saying any names) seem to be avoiding this topic for some reason, not sure why.

Edited by HappyApathy

In a way the Vandals are meant to be a bit of both youthful recklessness while at the same time been a serious resistance movement, while a good part of their organization is made up of young rebels a  good chunk of their leadership would be made up of former crewman who know what their doing.

Gee these guys are becoming popular.

Off-topic: I found it kinda funny that some of the more prolific posters on the fan concept forum (not saying any names) seem to be avoiding this topic for some reason, not sure why.

sry I was too hyperbolic :D 

and their youth recklessness do them so popular - they just charging to the eyes by their... recklessness :) and as I say this is not "oh this concept bad 'cause these guys won't exist in this dark word" this is conception with great opportunities to get in troubles (troubles are opportunity for the events and quests) and to become something another in their progression, to give rambling NPCs etc. as Free Colony of Io with their land of the brave have a great opportunity to be crusifaded in the name of darcness of WF world.

Off-top - don't mind it. at least they have lot of their own unfinished projects, job to work, examens to pass etc.

Off-topic: It just seems that the people who are so ready to jump in and comment on every single warframe idea that pops up just pass this one over, as a result I don't get a lot of one line responses like "it's a bad idea" or "I like it +1", though if the up votes are any indication this idea is one that has gained a foothold. On the upside it does mean a lot of the feedback I do get tends to be meaningful and constructive, though it is kinda frustrating at time to watch some less well done concepts get constantly pushed to the top because so many people feel a need to rush in and point out what is wrong with it.

-------------

I took some time to update the Ghosts:

For the intro quote:

“We will never forgive you for what you have done, and we shall never let you forget who we are”

- Cantis of the Red Veil, message to the Grineer

Lore and Insights: Grineer History and Policies

Ya know, there was a time when the Grineer were just some scary story about ol' Terra, a boogie man to frighten kids, some monster in a bedtime story, gotta hate it when your childhood nightmares come to life...”

Conversation with a Ghost Partisan

Through talking with the Ghosts players will learn the history about the rise of the Grineer from the perspective of those who suffered at their hands as they expanded their empire, and also potentially giving hints about their origins on Earth. Through talking with former slaves and colony survivors players would also gain a greater understanding about how the Grineer empire functions and how it treats those under it's rule.

In-Game Units

WPVcmSf.jpg

The appearance of the Ghosts would be based on the existing hostage model that is used in Rescue missions, that said they would be visually given extra body armor and combat gear cause while it makes sense that if you were captured you would be stripped down to essentially your space pajamas, if you were given the chance to prep for combat you would probably be wearing something a bit more substantial then just a red jumpsuit. Any sort of armor or combat gear worn by the Ghosts would be painted with a Wraith theme.

I drew a sketch of an unmasked Red Veil operative with a Machete Wraith, forgive the anime/mange-esque nature of it if you must, its how I do most of my artwork, I've just been covering it up with face masks and baggy clothing up until now :P. If anyone is wondering where the Rakta Syandana is, honestly I just don't like the thing.

8LF4ys7.jpg?1

Colored version:

NEdtuCg.jpg?1

Edited by HappyApathy

Off-topic:ah, you mean this kind of people. meh, at first updates in this thread comes not at "their time", second - too many characters to read in OP and too many information connected to OP in posts :) and yes - better less, but better comments :)

about ghosts outfit: I always imagined what this red outfit is kinda underwear. or kinda futuristic one-piece garment. I mean - I think they need more armor and other stuff what would be covering their red suits :) 

I have chapter in my "fanfiction" about this :D 

(... nobody have to click this link under the spoiler if he/she doesn’t want to or not interesting … )

last warning - to not click a link is easier then click on it and then post offtopic insulting S#&$ what would be cleaned up for hate

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258190-open-source-fanfiction-rebellion-how-to-upd-july-29-harassment-fire/?p=3185400

btw my first though was (when we had only "grey" prisoners) what this suit with lotus sign on the head is kinda prisoner's robe and lotus sign is kinda "sign of shame".

Edited by emaralez87