Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allies Of The Tenno (Putting This On Hold For Now) [Update 10/17]

HappyApathy

Thanks Artarrwen, these are awesome, I'll add them to the OP

@arch111

Still looking forward to seeing your interpretations of the Vandals as well

Are you referring to 3D modelling? If so I have yet to get started.

I'm still pretty focused on the makeshift Vandal rebels rather than the vets, I'll get to the Crewmen eventually.

A female hover boarder/ saboteur is high on the list. Well see.

Shield Bearer

Imagine a Shield Ospery, now imagine its wings have been shot off and what is left of it has been reprogrammed and jury rigged to be strapped onto someones back and to be carried around like a very very ugly baby, making it basically a Revolutionary with a makeshift portable shield charger.

q0R36DV.png

This makeshift exoskeleton made from MOA parts and scrap metal utilizes osprey's fuel cells as energy source. The osprey itself is still operational, it recharges and reinforces shields of nearby allies while also alerting the "host" to threats from behind. 

With added physical power, the user can wield heavy weapons like Supra. Due to rarity and relatively low mobility, only used in large open engagements.

Right!  I forgot to ask about the valkyr quest. Is this supposed to be the un-damaged Valkyr? As in a frame that don't exist yet?

That would be very cool.

The idea is you would go to various Corpus labs to recover the parts of the suit that are missing, like the other half of her helmet for example, or parts of of an extra outer armor layer, though in practice you would be getting things like chassis, helmet, blueprint, etc, to build a new suit in the foundry like any other warframe.

I purposefully left whether the suit was originally a prime variant ambiguous (as suggested in the line "was it suppose to be gold or something cause it ain't anymore"), if you do see the pieces in game in the labs though they would be dull and have a heavily beaten up appearance, with possibly more Corpus tech embedded into it due to the testing they have been running on it.

Once you've collected all the pieces and reassembled the full Valkyr suit supposedly the Vandals would then give it a custom paint job so by default it would have a more Corpus blue/teal theme (can be recolored of course). Appearance wise the various missing bits would be restored and she would lose some of the left over restraints on her (for instance the arm restraints would be replaced by proper arm guard pieces) and gain extra armor/aesthetic pieces, though there would still be leftover Corpus tech embedded in parts of her suit.

Perhaps a game mode called "Siege"? Help an assorted crew of NPCs defend various locations such as a large ship, or a fortified settlement. The first objective would be something like defend the Hull Breach (Ship) or Outer Wall (Settlement)  Enemies spawn in waves similar to defense, but perhaps in larger quantities and with more firepower. If the first objective is taken, the NPCs and your team retreat to a secondary objective Living Quarters (Ship) Market (Settlement) The defenses here are poorer and you must work harder to keep them out. If the enemies take this location, everyone backs up one last time to the Bridge (Ship) or Bunker (Settlement). Here, reinforcements and conditions are poor. It is advised to leave as soon as you can at this point. Rewards will be given out every 5 waves according to wave number and how far back you've been pushed. If it's wave 40 and you're still at the first objective, you will receive better rewards. If you can manage to wade into battle, you can re-take a taken point, but you must eliminate all of the enemies in that defense point and keep it cleared for a LONG time. At a certain point, your forces can move forward again.

regarding the Valkyr vandal Quest, I am playing around with how it could look. So far I have two versions, but the Freya is actually one I would like to play in game.

Would love to get your thoughts on this, even if it's not currently what ypu are describing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/287573-discussion-is-there-an-original-valkyr-freya-image-added/page-2#entry3302936

Perhaps a game mode called "Siege"? Help an assorted crew of NPCs defend various locations such as a large ship, or a fortified settlement. The first objective would be something like defend the Hull Breach (Ship) or Outer Wall (Settlement)  Enemies spawn in waves similar to defense, but perhaps in larger quantities and with more firepower. If the first objective is taken, the NPCs and your team retreat to a secondary objective Living Quarters (Ship) Market (Settlement) The defenses here are poorer and you must work harder to keep them out. If the enemies take this location, everyone backs up one last time to the Bridge (Ship) or Bunker (Settlement). Here, reinforcements and conditions are poor. It is advised to leave as soon as you can at this point. Rewards will be given out every 5 waves according to wave number and how far back you've been pushed. If it's wave 40 and you're still at the first objective, you will receive better rewards. If you can manage to wade into battle, you can re-take a taken point, but you must eliminate all of the enemies in that defense point and keep it cleared for a LONG time. At a certain point, your forces can move forward again.

Strangely enough I had a similar idea but in reverse where you would help a group of friendly NPCs seize key locations on a map, problem was it essentially turned into a giant extermination mission so I still need to think of mechanics to make it more interesting.

As for your idea it could be an interesting twist on the Defense style mission, my questions is how do you define a location as been 'lost'? When all the friendlies are killed? If the zone is 'captured' like in interception?

I was thinking more like an interception style defense point. If the enemy outnumbers your team and allies within a certain radius for a certain time, the point is lost. When a point is lost, allied units stop spawning there, and enemy units are able to spawn.

q0R36DV.png

This makeshift exoskeleton made from MOA parts and scrap metal utilizes osprey's fuel cells as energy source. The osprey itself is still operational, it recharges and reinforces shields of nearby allies while also alerting the "host" to threats from behind. 

With added physical power, the user can wield heavy weapons like Supra. Due to rarity and relatively low mobility, only used in large open engagements.

*drooool* awwwwwwwwsmmmmmm

why didn't you add your awesome arts for this thread into your artshowcase topic?

The Siege Map sound fun. It remind me instantly of good ol Quake Arena. Oh man gibs and frags. Those were the days.

yeah thought this stuff would be good :D idea - what about to try apply some unreal tournament mechanics there?

Added 'Siege' under Possible Game play Implementation, maybe will make a little diagram for it later.

khm-khm, what about my "multy-room" implementation? :)

Repel an attack on mothership raid alert

so one of the Corpus Board members planned and prepared his attack on mothership. What you should do to help Safos:
1) exterminate all Corpus on the outer area of the mothership (extermination mission with drain shield), find hatch what will lead you into motership, where you should to
2) reach room with reserve powercore in survival mod, then you should
3) defence reserve powercore, then you should
4) convoy powercore to the engine room (hijack mission type) where you should 
5) install powercore  (mobile defence mission type)

as reward - new type kubrow imprint. you know, like Vauban can be gathered only on Alerts this new type of kubrow might to be alert-only. 

I know I'm annoying as teacher XD

Edited by emaralez87

I got some ideas regarding the "Pirates and Smugglers" and the "Ghosts" (Ideas not as stupid as the arc-trap suicide unit, I swear! Well, maybe...)

Pirates & Smugglers: "Grineer Raiders" - These are Grineer units that have defected and have taken up a life of deep space crime. These units would have defected for two main reasons :

A. They were about to reach their expiration date, and as such escaped in desperation to avoid execution. 

B. They were defective, and their defectivity caused them to hate their fellow Grineer and defect.

These Grineer units would generally be more genetically degraded than their normal military counterparts, due to being alive longer. The ranks of the raiders would also a wide arrange of different Grineer units, however the more stronger Grineer units (Heavy Gunner, Bombard ect.) would be mroe prominent than weaker units (Butchers, standard Lanchers ect.) as the stronger units would be more likely to survive their terms and as such defect in fear than the weaker units that have a much higher chance of dieing.

These Grineer would wear heavily worn and used Grineer weapons/armour for the same reasons as the Vandal crewman, and would often possess technologies differentiating from that of Grineer, acquired through trading and illegal deals. These Raiders would be vicious, attacking anything, from innocent colonists to their own kin (however they would generally avoid the stronger enemies to go after the weaker ones). Although the term "Raiders" is used to describe the Grineer pirates, the Raiders would often work in their own separate pirate groups, only fairly rarely teaming up to take down things such as large, heavily guarded cargo vessels.

Alerts - There would be special alerts sent out that concern the Pirates & Smugglers, whether it be stealing a certain item for the smugglers or dealing with a crew of pirates. These alerts would be rare, would be insanely difficult, would either put you up against highly secures Corpus/Grineer bases as you try to steal something for the smugglers or against crews of vicious Grineer pirates, and would have you rewarded with special mods/items/huge amounts of credits/resources. These missions would incorporate normal missions, a mixture of a rescue mission and that convoy mission idea in the OP, and a new mission type titled "Bounty"

Bounty - The Tenno are charged with taking down a special target, having to fight their way through a ship and kill the target (usually a high up pirate)(essentially just an assassination mission). And, every once in a while, a special quest will become available to Tenno for a sort time, leading them through several different missions eventually leading to a final, highly difficult boss battle at the end.

The Ghosts: Grineer Units - Okay, hear me out on this one. The idea is basically the same as that of the Raiders, but instead of becoming pirates the Grineer choose to help the resistance against the Grineer. These units would consist almost entirely out of defective Grineers that instead of showing nothing but hate towards non-grineers, show a small amount of compassion and pity. The Grineer units that the Ghost regimes would possess would be entirely random, usually possessing large squads of specific Grineers, all of which came from he same cloning batch and as such were almost all defective. The arsenal these Grineers possess would be similar to that of the Raiders, possessing worn Grineer weapons/armour and an assortment of different non-grineer weapons (mostly Ghost wraith weaponary). Although the Ghosts would have accepted these Grineers into their ranks (after a long while of refusing, however) they would still be very careful around them, always making sure they were truely defective Grineer and not spies, and making sure that they never receive a high enough rank taht they had access to the Ghosts major plans and secrets.

@HappyApathy

Ah, haha, I've finally read through the majority of this Thread, and I must say, your resistance movements are both well written and deeply needed for the game. You've suggested I come here and take a look, and i have. After reading it all, you think anything from my previous thread about Allies of the Tenno could be viable in any of these scenarios? Caz Thrace for example, with the Pirates and Smugglers or the Ghosts Allies of the Red Veil.

Here's the link to the old thread, I think you'll want the Caz part the most, its the last section of the post, and as you've told me, haha, it is a lengthy thread.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/280952-le-warframe-hubs/#entry3229402

please, tell me what you think, and I'd be happy to contribute to this thread in any way that I can, writing wise anyways, haha, I'm no master of art.

@IceDragonofAmber

I'm currently working on incorporating what I can from Vard's Pirate thread, I'll incorporate your suggestion once I'm done with that

@AlphaHorseman

I'll see how I can incorporate Caz when I can, mind you one thing I thought about when reading your thread was reworking Elys Rose for the Colony of Io, maybe you can consider that for later, and/or rework Caz to fit to the existing concept here if you wish before I add him in.

-------------

On another note my thread has gotten far larger and more attention then I had anticipated (which is a good thing), but it means I'm starting to hit the limitations of what I'm allowed to fit into one post and as such I'm beginning to have to cannibalize some of my earlier posts to continue what was started in the OP. This has happened because I've done major additions to the Pirates and Smugglers section which is drawing heavily from Vard's thread and using a lot of the concept art that people contributed to it.

Edited by HappyApathy

I wouldn't mind Rose for the Colony, would actually fit the character I was thinking of her to be. Any character traits/reworks for her you wanted me to try and cook up? And Caz will be fun to rework, whatever faction you were thinking of adding him into, I'll be happy to fix him up and see what interesting storyline I can make for him and Rose.

I wouldn't mind Rose for the Colony, would actually fit the character I was thinking of her to be. Any character traits/reworks for her you wanted me to try and cook up? And Caz will be fun to rework, whatever faction you were thinking of adding him into, I'll be happy to fix him up and see what interesting storyline I can make for him and Rose.

I'm still not sure whether I would fit Caz into the Ghosts or Pirates, you may have to leave that bit ambiguous for now.

As for Rose, besides been a leader figure I leave that up to you.

Really?

Yes really.

On another note my thread has gotten far larger and more attention then I had anticipated (which is a good thing), but it means I'm starting to hit the limitations of what I'm allowed to fit into one post and as such I'm beginning to have to cannibalize some of my earlier posts to continue what was started in the OP. This has happened because I've done major additions to the Pirates and Smugglers section which is drawing heavily from Vard's thread and using a lot o the concept art that people contributed to it.

in-dex-in-dex-in-dex :D c'mon we have sugar-free cookies on darkside :D

@IceDragonofAmber

Added in your suggestions to the OP

----------

Minor addition to the Ghosts:

Grineer Defectors?

People have suggested the idea of small numbers of defecting Grineer clones be included in the Ghosts/Red Veil, whether or not this would be possible depends on how deeply ingrained loyalty to the Queens is with the Grineer. I personally suspect that clones have obedience imprinted into them during the cloning process to a point where they would jump off a cliff without question if their queens commanded it, that said it could be possible for the process to fail every so often giving clones more autonomy then they normally would have.
Edited by HappyApathy

I have another idea for implementation. Instead of an entirely new gameplay mode, ally forces could "invade" existing missions.

For example when on an extermination mission on a corpus ship, maybe anti-corpus forces would crash into/attack the ship and help out the tenno?