Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allies Of The Tenno (Putting This On Hold For Now) [Update 10/17]

HappyApathy

Added in unit ideas for Io:

In-game Units

Iotian soldiers would have both better protection and weaponry then both Corpus and Grineer troops, unlike either of them the Iotians would be unable to rely on mass attrition to achieve their goals and as such focus on improving the quality and survivability of their soldiers rather then using them in vast quantities.

Iotian Guard

While they would draw on some of the design elements of the Corpus crewman design, they would be more clearly dressed for combat, likely wearing visible armor and having a decent armor rating stat wise while also having personal shielding. Personally the image I get in my mind is a mash-up between Corpus crewman and Mass Effect style armor, an armored crewman if you will.

Their main battle rifle would be a high puncture weapon built to function similarly to the M-99 Saber from Mass Effect 3, a heavy hitting semi-auto rifle with great accuracy but heavy recoil (I would love it if it made a similar sound too).

Rail Gunner

A special Iotian Guard that is denoted by a different coloring scheme, they would appear more rarely then the regular Iotian Guard. Equipped with a truly nasty sniper rifle that has a single round magazine, it would fire a shot that deals massive amounts of damage capable of taking down heavy Grineer easily, it would also come with massive punch-through allowing it to go throw thick cover and penetrate multiple targets.

When used by players it would have a special zoom mode that highlights enemies through walls and cover much like how the codex scanner sometimes does, allowing sniping through walls and cover.

Bastard MOA

A copy of a copy, the Iotian designed Bastard MOA was reverse engineered from Corpus MOA designs, which were themselves copied from the Orokin originals, as a result like a photocopy of a photocopy the Bastard MOA lacks the agile dexterity of its Corpus namesake and moves with a more deliberate mechanical gait, Io also lacks the industrial capacity to produce these MOAs in the same quantities as the Corpus. To compensate for this the Iotians have fitted their MOA with extra armor plating and installed a heavy cannon as its armament, turning it into a mobile heavy weapons platform that differs from its lighter main assault Corpus counterpart. The shot it fires would be similar to Kela De Thaym's custom bombard and

The way I imagine this appearing like a miniature version of a unit called a Titan or Juggernaut from the game series Command and Conquer, though with the main cannon been mounted on top and been slightly taller then a shockwave MOA, been a more mechanical and blocky version of the MOA we are more familiar with.

Note: After finishing my description here I realized I had essentially described something similar to the upcoming Riot MOA for the Corpus, so if this were ever implemented it would probably be more of a variation of it more then anything.

Shield Osprey

Behaves exactly like the Corpus Shield Osprey, may have a different model though.

Refugee

A displaced Iotian civilian, would appear in-game as a unit requiring rescue or protection.

I am unsure where this can be used, so I just go ahead and ask you guys.

I really wanted to add diversity and fashion to the people inhabiting the solar system.

Sinse hair 1.0 is yet to be to be RevealeD, I assume everyone us bald.

How to solve this? Implants and weird hats FTW!

Tell me what you think.

sketch1408315106124_by_gaber111-d7vl1w0.

I was thinking colonist but where?

It is based on Corpus but a bit rebelleous. Maby a thing for the dissident youths among the Corpus populace, the artists and thinkers.

What I have in my head are reminicent of african headcarves that are very vibrant color.

I could place it under Corpus civilians/dissidents, that's where I would think it would go best.

On another note I'm going to be renovating my thread based on the advice of people I've been talking with privately, so things will be shifting around a bit in the OP. I'm also going to begin constructing the Fan Art companion thread for this.

Edited by HappyApathy

The game ideas represented in this thread excite me more, since DE Steve mentioned in Tenno Live the idea they had about allowing players to create quests for rewards and clans. Having these extra game modes would do wonders to supplement that idea.

I am unsure where this can be used, so I just go ahead and ask you guys.

I really wanted to add diversity and fashion to the people inhabiting the solar system.

Sinse hair 1.0 is yet to be to be RevealeD, I assume everyone us bald.

How to solve this? Implants and weird hats FTW!

Tell me what you think.

sketch1408315106124_by_gaber111-d7vl1w0.

make wires from the hair, make skin color metallic- and I'll take her to a Safo cyborgs :)

First off, I absolutely love the ideas for these factions, but I have a problem with the Free Colony of Io. I have no issues with the lore or units, only with the planet itself. As anyone who's read a book about the solar system will tell you, Io is a literal fireball. It's the single most volcanically active body in the solar system with it's surface constantly covered in lakes of sulfer-rich lava. The reason why Io is so volatile isn't something that can be fixed, it's simply caught in the middle of a gravitational tug of war between Jupiter and the other Jovian moons (Europa, Callisto, and Ganymede). The constant friction of this tugging tends to superheat everything below the surface.

Now, if we want to talk about alternatives, Ganymede and Callisto are both pretty solid (compared to Io that is). Neither of them are excessively volcanic, and they both have some amount of oxygen in their thin atmospheres, but they both have their own unique upsides. Ganymede is closer to Earth's size, but Callisto possesses carbon dioxide in it's atmosphere along with the oxygen. Callisto also has the benefit of being exposed to much less radiation than Ganymede.

Just my two cents, not trying to come off as a know-it-all or anything.

Edited by NyxOOX

First off, I absolutely love the ideas for these factions, but I have a problem with the Free Colony of Io. I have no issues with the lore or units, only with the planet itself. As anyone who's read a book about the solar system will tell you, Io is a literal fireball. It's the single most volcanically active body in the solar system with it's surface constantly covered in lakes of sulfer-rich lava. The reason why Io is so volatile isn't something that can be fixed, it's simply caught in the middle of a gravitational tug of war between Jupiter and the other Jovian moons (Europa, Callisto, and Ganymede). The constant friction of this tugging tends to superheat everything below the surface.

Now, if we want to talk about alternatives, Ganymede and Callisto are both pretty solid (compared to Io that is). Neither of them are excessively volcanic, and they both have some amount of oxygen in their thin atmospheres, but they both have their own unique upsides. Ganymede is closer to Earth's size, but Callisto possesses carbon dioxide in it's atmosphere along with the oxygen. Callisto also has the benefit of being exposed to much less radiation than Ganymede.

Just my two cents, not trying to come off as a know-it-all or anything.

I do realize of all the moons Io is likely the most unfriendly for habitation, of course I could just try and wave it away it with Orokin 'space magic' but the real reason I love to use Io is it's name, it's a terribly flimsy reason but it just seems to fit so well with my idea to me. I guess if I had to pick another location it would be Callisto, I'll consider changing it but its a real pity cause the name Io just sounds so right to me for the faction.

make wires from the hair, make skin color metallic- and I'll take her to a Safo cyborgs :)

Not a bad idea. Maby I can do this in 3d instead. Still trying to get a look for the "average Joe". Future ppl are hard when not engaging in fighting.

Damn too many ideas cramped in my brain this morning :)

I have a question; Leaders. How about putting together npc character rosters to be used in missions, as mission givers and so on?

These can be both really VIPs like Zohn and Darvo, but also minor ones but with equal potential.

I do realize of all the moons Io is likely the most unfriendly for habitation, of course I could just try and wave it away it with Orokin 'space magic' but the real reason I love to use Io is it's name, it's a terribly flimsy reason but it just seems to fit so well with my idea to me. I guess if I had to pick another location it would be Callisto, I'll consider changing it but its a real pity cause the name Io just sounds so right to me for the faction.

If the Corpus can live on Jupiter, I bet people can live on Io.

They wouldn't be on the surface, similar to what the Corpus did with Jupiter.

It is worth pointing that yes: Io is the most volcanicly active place in the whole of Sol, but that same activity could make it really, really good place to colonize.

all that volcanic activity throws new flows of lava onto the surface, so it's reasonable to assume that mineing that stuff is easy, just wait for a new eruption and then harvest the easy stuff, and let a new lava flow cover it up for more easy pickings. So Io: hard to colonize, might be worth it. Secondly: who says they LIVE on Io? they could be in orbit or something, or just named after the planet, or just named after people who used to live here but fought. Like remember the Alamo, or it would be more like "Remember IO!" or "the battle of Io",

all that volcanic activity throws new flows of lava onto the surface, so it's reasonable to assume that mineing that stuff is easy, just wait for a new eruption and then harvest the easy stuff, and let a new lava flow cover it up for more easy pickings. So Io: hard to colonize, might be worth it. 

See, that reasoning is totally fine. It makes total sense for Io to be a mining world (even if it would be extremely hazardous). The problem is that the original post directly refers to Io as a "flourishing heavily terraformed planet" which, in scientific terms, is actually impossible for a great number of reasons, although it could be handwaved with Orokin space magic. If we want to side with science though, we have 2 options if Happy doesn't want to move the whole colony idea somewhere else. The Iotians could live in orbit (this has already been brought up multiple times) or they could live on the surface in specially designed habitats. The habitat idea also lets us keep the "flourishing" bit, although such areas would have to be enclosed.

Here's my first (quick) pic for the Red Veil Ghost. Its only a beginning so don't thrash me too hard about what is wrong. I am going to do at least three more versions. just adding and subtracting things on this image till I get something cool. I've got some good visions of armour plates.

10431164_759439790769648_602223299647964

Here's my first (quick) pic for the Red Veil Ghost. Its only a beginning so don't thrash me too hard about what is wrong. I am going to do at least three more versions. just adding and subtracting things on this image till I get something cool. I've got some good visions of armour plates.

huh hot :)

may be make his armour different colour? I mean to use for the armour some standard Grineer olive (or black or metallic) shade as a base and to "paint" it by "wraith" motives what would be look more like camouflage (I have no idea what I just write out :D). just suggestion :)

Edited by emaralez87

[ONE MORE FRIENDLY FACTION CONCEPT]

The Gray Ones. (Infamous rebels)

“Gray ones” because they meant to be this hostages in gray jumpsuits. 

Rebellion with dark story and bad ending.

Rebellion, what was started at the Ceres by group of patriots with several points of view on “how to love motherland properly” but joined by one aim - do not give Vay Hek’s forces enslave their home to make it one big workyard. You may guess right - they failed. But they continued their “work” - rambling through Origin System they made rebellion their job. They did not scorned the dirty jobs, as politicians, military, colonists and even “Lotus Rebellion”, known as Tenno, did not disregarded their help. Before it was too late.

quotes

“You are dice with death, put at the risk lives of your kin, health of your friends and to kill your ex fellow humans for… what?!” 

- Cpt Vor whyle inquisition of the Gray Ones hostage.

“We have only one condition: we will never help to seize power to those, who have not enough words to argue their position - there is no place in politics for such persons. We are just the support.”

- The Main Rule of the Gray Ones.

“Where were you when […] ? But now you are heading against […] when [...] !”

- quote from the “Book of propaganda”.

“Are you ready? Huh. No one can be ready for this! Everyone starts unready.”

- The Gray Ones' member talking to the rookie.

“Person with a weapon is a thug, except the case when government give him this weapon and delegate to use it in concrete situations.”

“We were waiting for orders were signed while our comrades, wives and children were killed. Our commanders renounced from the actions of those, who obeyed unsigned orders, and gave them for the mercy of the crowd, the extremists and the tribunal.”

- conversation of the Gray Ones’ medic about times of Vay Hek’s usurpation of the Ceres.

“No one innocent.”

“The main thing to understand in time where extremism ends and ****ing mess begins.”

“I may not just went out and cry out loud what I need volunteers.  Informators are everywhere. “

“Who have money for a war? - criminal leaders, corrupted politicians and industrial magnates, so we are always ask, who benefits from it.”

“Transport, communications support, weapon. This costs a lot of credits. “

“War is expensive thing - only leaders of the Board and Queens can chip in war. Even regular boardsmen  or Grineer general can chip only in little shooting to the colonists.  We can not anything. There are two ways to gain money - fundraising and crime. We are using both.”

- common phrases while taking a quest from the Gray Ones’ NPCs.

Rationale for Existence: Ceres history

Ceres was one of the first colonised planetary bodies. This place was perfect for spaceship manufacturing, but not very friendly for living here, before Life Support Systems evolved and live zones of Ceres was supported not only by oxygen and fodder stations, but by magnetic field generators too. Then Ceres became industrial center of Origin System. In same time Mars became Scientific center of Origin System, but this is different story… but at least, 

Ancient War changed a lot. Except Ceres. 

Before Grineer came. Ceres was sweet piece of pie: little weak planet with strong manufactures was drown in corruption. It seems to be easy - Vay Hek came as a savior, who should punish corrupted establishment and to bring peace and order.  This is how rebellion was started. Hek’s intruders started this rebellion in the best traditions of “Uncle Hek”. Patriots were befuddled by Hek and brang him on the plate with blue bandlet more then half of their motherland.  

Lot of them realized their mistake and ran away - to the Earth. Earth met them as heroes. It was ironic, because when Vay Hek got the Ceres, rebels who stayed here was executed as war criminals. In same time former Ceres rebels became Grineer commanders. They came to their enslaved motherland with their battalions as jailers. They were hated, but accepted. Soon jailers started to die. “Clone’s life is short - we can’t ignore genetical deviations factor” as was said in reports. 

When all undesirables were dead the “Gray Ones” rebellion was started. Ex-jailers became rebels again with a help of Grineer turncoats.

Organization and Behavior

Gray Ones do not have hierarchy. This is a bunch of spy and force cells all over the Origin System. They have very strong conspiracy. You’ll never think what this thin shuttle seller with wife and four children is an elite killer of the Gray Ones, as you’ll never recognise turncoat Ballista behind the bartender of an elite club for Jupiter soldiers.  

Lore and Insights:

NPC and events give insight to story of Ancient War and “Vay Hek rising” periods. We know Vay Hek is a bad guy and Origin System will became a better place without him, but the Gray Ones will explain - why. Also we could know about some aspects of Kela De Thaym's private life from intruders in her elite garrison. 

Why beloved by Queens Cptn Vor still Cptn? You’ll know it! And you’ll know how he outsmarted the Lotus. 

Why brave and honest veteran Lt Lech Krill  joined Vor? What secrets Tyl Regor keeps? Story of Sargas Ruk family? - they know it all! Also you’ll learn how Corpus use people, story of Fhrod Bek’s rising and some dark rituals of Merchant Cult.

In-Game Units

to be expanded

Friendly Hub:

No friendly hub. You can meet the Gray Ones agents randomly in secret rooms (and, obviously, as hostages in gray jumpsuits). 

quests, events, missions etc:

Lot of the Gray Ones quests may be taken from hostages in gray jumpsuits.

… to be expanded

Edited by emaralez87

HOLY HOT MOTHER OF STUFF I WANT THIS IN GAME NOW

Congratulations you've just made the Red Veil awesome :D

@emaralez87

I'll add a link to your suggestion in the OP

Damn too many ideas cramped in my brain this morning :)

I have a question; Leaders. How about putting together npc character rosters to be used in missions, as mission givers and so on?

These can be both really VIPs like Zohn and Darvo, but also minor ones but with equal potential.

If you have character suggestions I'll add them.

Edited by HappyApathy

Holy poops. Goatasty... It's so beautiful. I love the chest armor designs! XD A nice blend of Warframe with your own stylistic twist. :D You talented son of a gun... I wanna kiss those specular highlights.

I'm actually getting my own interpretation together soon. Not sure how long it'll take but we'll see, and it'll be covering the troops of the Red Veil that do not fight directly (like a Medic or Scout).

:D Wish you the best of luck in reconstructing the thread, Apathy. Awesome work here so far, and man... so much of it too. Really hope DE recognizes all the work that's gone into it.