Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feeding Kubrow

OumaNoUta

Not sure if this has been said, but anyone feel they should be feeding there kubrow? Would be nice to have a hunger meter base on how active he/she is when you take them to missions. Could also tie into there loyalty meter also based on what kind of food you give them. They could even have a favorite food that adds more loyalty than normal. Idk just a thought I had.

I'm fine with having the ability to feed and play with them, it'd be a fun thing, but when I need to do all that all the "fun" goes down the toilet.

Edit: sorry to use your thread to vent/rant but why on earth can't they just NOT have the kubrows' DNA deteriorate over time unless you use certain life sustenance type items but instead leave them be and actually "buff" them if you use those items? This whole system is cheapening the game and turning it into Sims or worse... Tamagochi. :/

I'm not exactly against the hunger metre though, rather than becoming more and more powerless, the kubrow could instead act funny and restless if its starving for example, or somewhat slower when out of combat, nothing that will affect your actual gameplay negatively but as a fun visual thing. Also acting differently when it's angry or happy etc, why not? No need to make a chore out of what could've been a very fun addition to the game.

Edited by CapricaSix

Hunger? They look quite nourished, especially after I have mine chew a grineer's face off.

I'm fine with having the ability to feed and play with them, it'd be a fun thing, but when I need to do all that all the "fun" goes down the toilet.

Edit: sorry to use your thread to vent/rant but why on earth can't they just NOT have the kubrows' DNA deteriorate over time unless you use certain life sustenance type items but instead leave them be and actually "buff" them if you use those items? This whole system is cheapening the game and turning it into Sims or worse... Tamagochi. :/

Oh no of course I would want it to be fun, it wouldn't be if DE made it were you did two runs and they were starving but I do feel I should be feeding my kubrow every once in a while.

Hunger? They look quite nourished, especially after I have mine chew a grineer's face off.

Lol there we go Grineer jerky as a snack.

Whoops quote derped.

Edited by OumaNoUta

Oh no of course I would want it to be fun, it wouldn't be if DE made it were you did two runs and they were starving but I do feel I should be feeding my kubrow every once in a while.

Then that's just fine, they could add a bladder metre for all I care as long as it doesn't change kubrow's efficiency and require constant maintenance :P most of my post was aimed at the DNA deterioration though, not at your suggestion, just to be clear about how off-topic I am lol

Then that's just fine, they could add a bladder metre for all I care as long as it doesn't change kubrow's efficiency and require constant maintenance :P most of my post was aimed at the DNA deterioration though, not at your suggestion, just to be clear about how off-topic I am lol

No problem about the off topic I haven't really had happen that with the DNA Deterioration atm. Though I haven't been using my kubrow with the loyalty bug atm. You had some good ideas about the hunger though with it being a more visual thing in your ship rather than a debuff in combat.

You had some good ideas about the hunger though with it being a more visual thing in your ship rather than a debuff in combat.

Yeah, you could actually carry it into the missions as well, think of it as a passive animation like how our warframes act when we don't do anything for about 5-6 seconds. It could be the way they run, how attentive/loyal they are when we're not fighting anyone (during mission), or make noises and howl at random times letting you know how unhappy they are with you, etc :D

Edited by CapricaSix

I would like to know whether they can be fed. I read on the Warframe wiki: "

• Many of the first batch of Kubrows who matured after Update 14's release were inadvertently killed permanently due to a bug during the quest to obtain their collar. In the notes for the hotfix which fixed the bug, DERebecca posted, "501 of the first cloned Kubrow have been lost, but never forgotten. 20/07/2014." Those who lost a Kubrow from the bug received; the Kubrow Start Kit and a full set of Kubrow Mods, a new Kubrow Egg, a Kubrow Incubator, Kubrow Food, a Kubrow Stasis Slot, a Kubrow blank Trait Print, and 10 x Kubrow Mods."

In the hotfix they mentioned the people who lost their kubrows got some "Kubrow food" whatever that is... so its prolly on the way! Honestly Id prefer feeding my Kubrow periodically instead of having to give it daily, and expensive, shots. :/