Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Was Volt Made A Starter Frame Again?

ArgonTheFox

Could you not have picked a different frame to be the starter frame, DE? Volt is massively, massively difficult to get for normal players, so I feel like ive been kicked in the teeth, because my clan has invested thousands of items and hundreds of hours into getting the labs and research for Volt, so what does DE do? Completely devalue all our work and effort by handing it out for free. I wouldn't care if Volt was obtained by a normal means such as killing a boss, but the fact hes part of Clan Research for normal players is silly. In my opinion, the methods in which Loki and Volt are obtained should be switched, or another frame should be put in Volt's place as a starter frame. Its a huge insult to everyone who got Volt after he was added to Clan Research. 

In the most recent Dev Stream, it was stated Volt was selected because Loki made it awkward designing the tutorial, due to Loki's lack of an offensive ability, however there are literally loads of other frames that could have been used in his place, while being fair on veteran players. Ember, Frost, even Saryn come to mind.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

It's as if everyone starts the game with Volt! Like, why would anyone ever play a mag or an Excal, right?

It's the same as asking why Mag, Loki and Excal part can drop. You start the game off with 1 frame, not 3 (or 4). You still need to farm the rest so an option must always be presented.

it is the way it should be now.  volt is a good frame for new players, loki isnt, and volt was originally one of the starter frames when the game first released.  it doesnt devalue any of your work, they are rearranging how things work so that new players are more likely to stick around.  now if they made vauban a starter frame you would have room to complain, but right now you dont.

You realize that in the beginning of the tutorial you start with NO weapons and have to use your powers to kill?

Good luck trying to kill the Grineer with Decoy.

Lastly, Volt requires less effort to make but more time. Fighting Hyena pack to get Loki is a much bigger feat if you ask me.

Edited by Casardis

I'm glad they swapped loki with volt, I started with Loki and man was that rough on a new player, he so squishy so I died a Lot. Loki definitely a veteran frame. Volt is much better for a starter frame then loki

Edited by imaxium

You realize that in the beginning of the tutorial you start with NO weapons and have to use your powers to kill?

Good luck trying to kill the Grineer with Decoy.

Lastly, Volt requires less effort to make but more time. Fighting Hyena pack to get Loki is a much bigger feat if you ask me.

Maybe they could buff the decoy so that the Lato he is shooting deals as much damage as an unmodded Lato?

Anyways, I am not complaining as I had a friend that I recommended Warframe to and he rage quit after 5 hours because he chose Loki as his starter frame. He complained that he couldn't pass mercury when none of his powers do any damage.

Loki is not starter frame material. New players need frames that deals damage as they haven't gotten into the advance part of Warframe yet.

In the most recent Dev Stream, it was stated Volt was selected because Loki made it awkward designing the tutorial, due to Loki's lack of an offensive ability, however there are literally loads of other frames that could have been used in his place, while being fair on veteran players. Ember, Frost, even Saryn come to mind.

Using Saryn's poison weapon without one. Lotus: "Tenno wut u doin"

I find it ironic people are commenting about Loki, talking about how his Decoy cannot kill, considering I addressed that in the opening post.

Somehow I get the distinct impression many of the people posting here have only read the title.

Ehh... a lot of your arguments seem to be based off the fact that he's clan tech... but Volt has only recently been clan tech.

At the beginning, he was a starter frame. His parts could be gotten from the J3-Golem boss on Jupiter.

Then, Mag replaced him as a starter frame. After a while, J3 was removed and became Lephantis, who now drops Nekros parts. Volt then joined Banshee in this nebuos position where their parts could only be tracked down as random mission rewards.

It was only when the Tenno Lab became a thing that they both found a new home. Volt is Clan Research to make him easier to acquire, not to make him a status symbol.

So, with the new player experience and the fact that Loki is a frame better for experienced players, it makes sense why they'd go and restore Volt to his starter-frame status. He's an excellent all-rounder frame whose powers complement a range of gameplay styles, after all.

Wow, I completely forgot about Volt being clantech.

I don't mind Volt being a starter, but while he is, I think it would indeed be best if he and Loki got their obtaining methods switched around. Volt should drop from a Corpus boss, and Loki should be clantech.