Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's (Small) Step Toward Pw-Like Business Strategy

fractal_magnets

Follwing your logic you people bring up we already had lockboxes way before this, Void Key Packs & Mod Packs, they are randomly choosen.

So you people might aswell drop this conspriacy theroy for now.

Edited by Manelag

Follwing your logic you people bring up we already had lockboxes way before this, Void Key Packs & Mod Packs, they are randomly choosen.

So you people might aswell drop this conspriacy theroy for now.

First of all, did you really edit 'chosen' to 'choosen'?

Second of all this is a @(*()$ color randomizer and has no correlation to a mod pack.

I think we'll be able to breed the kubrows we want, with the help of others(genetic imprints) or by trying to hatch different eggs? So with patience it should be possible to get your dream kubrow without plat.

Oh wow. A F2P game has purchases.

What will we ever do!?

Nooooooooooo!

Its not about the purchase itself, its about the change compared to other cosmetics. Before you could choose exactly what you want (colorpallets, skins, armor) you could even watch them before buying them to see if you like them. but for the Kubrows they changed it to a random thing and you ahve no idea what you can get. 

First of all, did you really edit 'chosen' to 'choosen'?

Second of all this is a @(*()$ color randomizer and has no correlation to a mod pack.

First, no and also sorry english is not my first language.

Second, a randomizer is still a randomizer it doesn't matter if it randomizes colors, mods or keys for plat, you pay money to roll the dice.

I'm not saying that i agree with this randomness of colors/patterns but still it's far from something new.

I think we'll be able to breed the kubrows we want, with the help of others(genetic imprints) or by trying to hatch different eggs? So with patience it should be possible to get your dream kubrow without plat.

Pretty much this, wait till there exists a market for the Imprints.

First, no and also sorry english is not my first language.

Second, a randomizer is still a randomizer it doesn't matter if it randomizes colors, mods or keys for plat, you pay money to roll the dice.

I'm not saying that i agree with this randomness of colors/patterns but still it's far from something new.

Pretty much this, wait till there exists a market for the Imprints.

These mods were and are obtainable (is this a word?) just playing the game.

Now, do you want to recolour you pet? Let's buy this box. Maybe you will be lucky. 

Can you see the difference?

Edited by Latronico

I find it funny how people freaked out over possible loot boxes in warframe while it already has gold fusion pack, dragon mod pack and now this kubrow recoloring rng roll for money.

Say what you will about Perfect World, but they do exact same stuff.

I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just making an observation.

These mods were and are obtainable (is this a word?) just playing the game.

Now, do you want to recolour you pet? Let's buy this box. Maybe you will be lucky. 

Can you see the difference?

I see the difference, but i am talking about the process of it being a randomizer for which you pay with your real world money.

Also you can get your desired kubrow by just waiting till imprints are floating around in trade chat, from there on it's up to the players if it will cost plat or not.

It boils down to how badly you want your white kubrow now or not, if you want it now you can gamble away your plat if not then you just wait.

Today it's cosmetic for Kubrow. Tomorrow will be parts of Warframes you can't obtain without a mistery box.

Yeah... no.

Why? Because lootbox test.

And because of this guy...

And people like him that will continue to do it.

(In before your thread gets deleted like my 2-3 about this did.)

Its a cosmetic option in a F2P game, you aren't at a disadvantage just because you can't color it.

Well, although I'm not particularly fond of spending plat to change the looks, I do have to admit however that adding randomization to the mix does make getting a lotus kubrow with the colours you want so much more exciting!

^this.

Honestly I would be disappointed if it was just casual spray painting of my Kubrow. They told us it would be part of their genetics and that's what we got.

The problem is that we are supposed to be able to trade the genes and breed ones with the fur we want as well as the other stuff. I heard that we can't do that currently, but idk if it's true.

10 platinum isn't that much, but I guess it would be kind of cool to have a pattern purchase method in all honesty, instead of having to have a random choice.

10 plat is almost a buck's worth and it's for a random spin.

It's cool that it's not so much to you; but since it's so cheap send us all a buck eh? I mean it's just 10p right?

Before the rage and chaos ensues, please read this. Thanks.

In U14, there have been many large changes. There is a new frame out, a new tile set, Kubrows, and many more things. One thing much of the community has noticed is the increased time walls for obtaining items within the game. This, although annoying, is acceptable in my opinion. DE does need money to pay their employees, and this is just a way for a boost in platinum purchase.

Out of the many controversial things released in U14, the smallest thing had the biggest impact on me. I was greatly disturbed when I heard two words...

Platinum, and Random.

These two words do not go well together, and any person with common sense can see that.

One new feature is that a player can pay 10 platinum for a change in the appearance of their Kubrow, but the change is random. Although the amount of platinum is very small, the entire concept of paying the equivalent of real money, for a chance at getting what you want, is very bad. I would much rather have DE ramp up the cost to change the appearance of a Kubrow to 20-50 plat and make the players get a choice, instead of this purchase having a random outcome.

The only thing I can think of when I see this small yet noticeable feature in the game is Perfect World, a company that loves to make things like this saturate their games. If Digital Extremes adds more features in the game that include platinum and something random, I will once again express my disapproval of this.

Although this is a very small, minor step towards some of the business practices of Perfect World, it is still a step.

Any step, is a step.

I would like to end this with the request of Digital Extremes removing the randomness out of the Kubrow appearance change feature. If this feature is kept in the game, the possibility of more like it increases. I do not want this game to become an almost unplayable game filled with random rewards from platinum purchases.

Ok, now you are allowed to rage, flame, or whatever you want to do, forumers.

Edit: If you agree in any way, please help get the word out about this. This needs to come to DE's attention, or nothing may be done about this.

Edit: Well, it did get DE's attention, and apparently their fancy analogies didn't get past you stone wall Tenno. Remember, we want to be able to pay to be able to choose from a selection of colors (Black, Brown, White, Grey) and patterns. No one wants lime green and pink Kubrows.

So.... this thread got popular. Please keep it on topic so the mods don't have to work their butts off cleaning it up.

Edit: thanks to thread merging this megathread is no longer technically mine. Gg

Edited by TheStag

It's like going to get a hair cut, expecting to get a trim, and you somehow come out with a rainbow Afro.

Let us have an option to choose a pattern, and color it ourselves please. This is not the way to go. 

It's like going to get a hair cut, expecting to get a trim, and you somehow come out with a rainbow Afro.

Let us have an option to choose a pattern, and color it ourselves please. This is not the way to go. 

It would be nice to color it and choose the pattern yourself, but players should still choose from a select set. We don't want PETA after us for pink Kubrows.

I don't know whether PW has any involvement in this decision, but...

The playerbase can only stop this in one way, don't pay for an RNG dice roll.

I never will, unfortunately reading the threads I see that some have.

Unfortunately this is not a recent practise, look at Mod and Key packs.

Edited by Egg_Chen