Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Update14 Feedback

Innocent_Flower

No, this isn't to say that we never get any good things in updates, this is to say that good things always come with terrible faults. 

U14

- New frame with very little RNG in obtaining it. 

- Game doesn't allow you to get the next part for the frame until the previous part is completed. So unless you support bad practices by spending plat to rush, you're going to need more than 108 hours to get this one. 

+ Kubrows

- Kubrow creation is too slow and overly complicated. Some of it just isn't needed at all, like  the incubator power core. 

+ new UI is prettier. 

- New UI is far less functional. Things are harder to see, it's easier to miss-click, bugs and non-functional features. 

+Extractors are better. 

- Solar map is far more difficult to navigate. Planets all look the same (with all of them unlocked it's awful) and you're prone to accidently sellecting things. 

+ Loading screen is prettier. 

- Slower, buggier too. 

+ there are mods for new players

- Those mods are inferior and aren't the real deal. New players will still need to get the better mods and will of course forget the bad ones very fast. 

And I could do this for 13, 12, 11 and those before. I could do it for the .7's and the .5's. Just why can't we get updates that aren't three steps forward and two steps back? 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I'm confused at what you're getting at here. Yes, there are problems with this update...?

There are problems with every update and I'm not talking about the bugs. They're purposeful decisions. Like locking the best boss in the game, vey hek, behind a grindy RNG wall on ceres. Fighting Enemies with poorly thought out resistances. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

- Game doesn't allow you to get the next part for the frame until the previous part is completed. So unless you support bad practices by spending plat to rush, you're going to need more than 108 hours to get this one. 

+ Kubrows

- Kubrow creation is too slow and overly complicated. Some of it just isn't needed at all, like  the incubator power core.

There are reasons for this... One is that DE doesn't want the vets to blow through the new content instantly, so they give us something to work for. Another is that DE wants us to support them by paying platinum for things. RNG and large wait times are staple plat-purchase incentives.

+ new UI is prettier. 

- New UI is far less functional. Things are harder to see, it's easier to miss-click, bugs and non-functional features.

I agree, but I do keep in mind that it is likely to change based on player feedback.

There are problems with every update and I'm not talking about the bugs. They're purposeful decisions. Like locking the best boss in the game, vey hek, behind a grindy RNG wall on ceres. Fighting Enemies with poorly thought out resistances. 

You do realize how the free-to-play business model works, right? Some of that stuff is just bad game design and eventually gets fixed, but a lot of it is due to the fact that the vast majority of people playing this game have paid nothing for it.

Well, keep in mind that DE tried to overhaul just about the entire game... The new UI and sound features kind of remind me of Assassin's Creed, so it brings back memories at least for me anyway. But, DE wanted to incorporate quests into the system, and decided to tie the new frame and Kubrows to that system, so trying something new isn't bad. Don't be stuck in the old warframe ways of grinding--not everyone likes a game that's just grinding all the time. Try something new, be flexible, be adaptable, be patient, be effective.

The new UI is different, and it's nice. It's fluid, simple once you get used to it, and as always with something new, requires some practice. The sound design has been completely overhauled, and they made it have a more 3d feel, giving it more life. Again, something new to get used to, and something that has a lot of potential.

The solar map, again redesigned to be fluid. It's completely different, and takes time to get used to. There were nodes that were easy to mistakingly click on before as well, so nothing has really changed there.

And were the new mods in the new prologue quest system? I haven't come across any..... kinda skipped the prologue deal...

All in all, the new changes just have a theme of "something new". I personally like it, and simply because it's more interactive and seems to be more categorized. They did a good job paying attention to detail as well.

Don't take me wrong, there are still a LOT of bugs in the system, and a lot of people are left in the dark with the lack of direction from DE on what to do with the Kubrow process, quest system, etc. We have guys in the unit who either gave up on the game or are about to give up on the game out of frustration with the major glitches and lack of direction. I don't like having to constantly ask questions, but on the other hand, how can anything be learned if you don't first ask a question? It takes experimenting, learning, and trying over and over again, something that warframe players seem too spoiled to have the patience for. Honestly, I don't have the patience for people who aren't patient and willing to try. Why not have some patience, eh?

Edited by --CryoGhost--

OMG, it takes 24 more hours to make Mirage.

Thats an entire DAY of waiting!

Oh the PAIN...!

Seriously, get real.

But i want my Kubrow now!

Now! Now! Now!

NOW! *six-year-old-voice*

Wait a month, and you won't even remember the old UI.

Ok, you have a point.

Wish i could turn on the Planet names. Though they DON'T look the same. I'm already recognizing some of them by look...

PRETTY!

And bugs? The waiting? Had that before too.

And the newbie mods are awesome. Yes, they aren't the real deal.

Thats the frelling point.

Wish they already existed when i started, took me MONTHS to get Serration.

OMG, it takes 24 more hours to make Mirage.

Thats an entire DAY of waiting!

Oh the PAIN...!

Seriously, get real.

But i want my Kubrow now!

Now! Now! Now!

NOW! *six-year-old-voice*

Wait a month, and you won't even remember the old UI.

Ok, you have a point.

Wish i could turn on the Planet names. Though they DON'T look the same. I'm already recognizing some of them by look...

PRETTY!

And bugs? The waiting? Had that before too.

And the newbie mods are awesome. Yes, they aren't the real deal.

Thats the frelling point.

Wish they already existed when i started, took me MONTHS to get Serration.

The Mirage Quest line was poorly thought out. Its not the wait for the parts to build thats the problem (everyone is used to that) its the fact that you can't even go on and get the other parts or move on to the next part of the mission until the previous part was built. 

The Kubrow thing I kinda agree with, but your wording makes you come off as an &#!.

I also agree that the new mods are a good thing. (Though I still think it would be better if they got rid of Serration or just straight out nerfed it along with other damage mods.)

The Mirage Quest line was poorly thought out. Its not the wait for the parts to build thats the problem (everyone is used to that) its the fact that you can't even go on and get the other parts or move on to the next part of the mission until the previous part was built. 

The Kubrow thing I kinda agree with, but your wording makes you come off as an @$$.

I also agree that the new mods are a good thing. (Though I still think it would be better if they got rid of Serration or just straight out nerfed it along with other damage mods.)

How was it poorly thought out? It's a quest. With little to no RNG involved. 

Boy, you really need to think out stuff before you post.

Platinum is bad practice? And developers getting paid is bad practice too?

Eh, I don't think its all that bad. I will admit that I think certain things can be handled a lot better (Building things like Forma/Potatoes/Resources in the Foundry for instance), but typically the Devs are pretty fair about this.

Although the genetic scrambler or whatever it is was a stupid idea. If they're gonna have us gamble to get what we want they should add in a non-plat option.

How was it poorly thought out? It's a quest. With little to no RNG involved. 

Boy, you really need to think out stuff before you post.

Being unable to move on in the quest for 12 hours unless you use the rush option in the Foundry is not good design.

Being unable to move on in the quest for 12 hours unless you use the rush option in the Foundry is not good design.

Again, no RNG is involved. 

Be happy with that. 

I find it amusing that you don't read "No RNG is involved". IF there was RNG involved, then you'd come back and complain about it some more, wouldn't ya kid? 

*slowly claps*

Edited by ikillyou8196

Again, no RNG is involved. 

Be happy with that. 

I find it amusing that you don't read "No RNG is involved". IF there was RNG involved, then you'd come back and complain about it some more, wouldn't ya kid? 

*slowly claps*

I don't mind reasonable RNG. And just because there is no RNG does not mean it is perfect, there are still flaws.

We cannot have nice things because there are too many people who always tell us to get used to the crap things.

This.

There are people on this forum who will  -- literally -- defend DE no matter what they do.

For example, the Color Scrambler, which is a platinum dice roll to customize your kubrow...has people defending it, even though DE promised we would be able to customize our kubrows to our liking, which is impossible given the current system.

Edited by Hexagoros

I remember the starmap before the one before our current one.

I remember when excalibur had 8k shields and 9k health. I remember when ambulas required needing ammo crates. I remember when the UI you're talking about.

I don't make threads and since it got a sum up I'll put my opinion on U14 here

Neutral on it, I consider that Mirage got added to the list of unclassicals not on the starmap bosses, so somewhat okay

+ Kubrows

no opinion on kubrows yet

+ new UI is prettier. 

less practical I'd say, somewhat slow, and that light screen moving angle when you move the cursor is annoying

I'll wait to see how they'll fix if they intend to

+Extractors are better. 

- Solar map is far more difficult to navigate. Planets all look the same (with all of them unlocked it's awful) and you're prone to accidently sellecting things.

A lot of the people who are displeased with the current solar map want the previous one, not against it.

As a bandaid at most for keeping the current one we could get on the sides or bottom a way to select directly on the planet's name or something, maybe some other bandaid solutions (haven't seen much ideas yet)

+ there are mods for new players

- Those mods are inferior and aren't the real deal. New players will still need to get the better mods and will of course forget the bad ones very fast.

not a problem in my opinion

I honestly don't see the problem with it. Gives me something to do tomorrow beyond playing around with my doge, and as a MR16 guy with just Mirage and Akbronco Prime to level left, there's not too many reasons for me to play at the moment.

Also, I think Mirage is the first frame who doesn't require terrible RNGrind to get. After Hydroid I was really concerned about Mirage, but it's actually not too bad. I hope more future warframes use the quest system like this. Plus lore, always nice to have.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

This.

There are people on this forum who will  -- literally -- defend DE no matter what they do.

For example, the Color Scrambler, which is a platinum dice roll to customize your kubrow...has people defending it, even though DE promised we would be able to customize our kubrows to our liking, which is impossible given the current system.

Finally somebody agrees with me!

Like many before me have said, I am very happy with how the Mirage quest turned out.

I fully expected another grind-fest like Hyrdroid.

This time it's just waiting a bit. 

So much better than farming ODA/Vay Hek keys or grinding void