Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc ---> Ps4 Update Difference Ruins The Surprise.

Let me put it like this: Do you *really* want to deal with the progression killing bugs that were only discovered because us PC players acted as human guinea pigs for you guys?

And for that we thank you lol. Can't wait till i finish building my new rig though, got an Nvida Titan Z to play with :)

I completely agree with the OP on this one. All the excitement is gone by the time we get the update, I don't care if it is full of bugs or not honestly I just need something new to do. 

You need to pay attention to things.  The updates are delayed on PS4 because of Sony's lengthy cert process.  U14 is done for PS4 but it has to be reviewed by Sony and that takes time.  If you want it faster talk to them and see what they can do, though I highly doubt you will get anywhere.  If you want it at the same time as PC then the only way to do that would be to piss a lot of PC players off and drive most of them away from the game completely.

Well, the problem is that delaying an update doesn't really fix the issue at its core. It's not about getting in sync - it's about staying in sync.

Let's say for a moment that PC updates are delayed for a short time. If they timed it right, they could probably make it so they'd only have to delay maybe a week or two's worth of content. Like you said - no big deal. So now PC players who wish to migrate have a week. 1 week to migrate. If you miss that one week, you have to get on board when the builds are out of sync again. No long enough? Ok, we'll give them 2 weeks. PC updates have now been delayed for a minimum of 3 weeks, but more like 4 or 5. And 2 weeks to migrate is still a very slim window. 

So then I ask you, is it worth it? Personally, I have no problem waiting around for a week or two for PS4 to catch up and people migrate their accounts. But that's just the dilemma - it wouldn't be that short no matter how you slice it.  

Edited by DJ_Redwire

This S#&$ is not happening unless DE has more man to work on the console thing, so that they may work faster on the console version than the PC version, and deliver the update to Sony prior to the update of the PC version.

Thankfully there are enough levelheaded PS4 players who realize and appreciate the wait time for updates. The majority of us do not want simultaneous updates. We are more than grateful to remain patient. The ones who whine and cry now will be the same ones losing their minds over the increased amount of bugs the PC side locates for us.

Thank you for the PC players who pointed out this fact. We aren't being shafted, we are being protected from bugs that could potentially brick our consoles.

For those who can't wait, grow up and deal with it.

It's not that big of a deal. All it would do would push back the updates another week or so. If they were in the console players shoes, they'd want the same thing.

Would you really? You would have to go through server instability, bugs, and general havoc. It could ruin the experience.

On behalf of PS4 players, we don't want this update as it is yet.

Everyone be patient and we'll be getting a golden update in around a month or so.

i will be thinking of this when update 14 hits and we have our own set of bugs because its a different system, and we have to wait another month for a bugfix instead of a day or week.

I completely agree with the OP on this one. All the excitement is gone by the time we get the update, I don't care if it is full of bugs or not honestly I just need something new to do. 

I... wouldn't say that.. if I were you. *scratches head*

You would probably cry with the amount of bugs that still need to be fixed. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262837-update-14-bugissue-megathread/

Edited by Verre

Some bugs don't show up in controlled circumstances. Basically, 100 pairs of eyes might not be enough compared to the 40k pairs that a general release offers.

For instance, I didn't encounter any progression bugs at all, so releasing the update to me early for testing wouldn't have caught the progression bugs before general release, yeah? 

If you guys want updates at the same time we get them, I personally wouldn't mind even if our updates are slowed down. But I reserve the right to take great amusement in the PS4 players getting everything they asked for and seeing how terrible it truly is without PC players getting DE to fix the big flaws and bugs beforehand. Especially since Sony's cert process means you're waiting a week or more for fixes to those bugs. :3

Didn't they say something about showing interest in releasing a build to the design council to have them go through it first? I know it was on one of the later streams.

i will be thinking of this when update 14 hits and we have our own set of bugs because its a different system, and we have to wait another month for a bugfix instead of a day or week.

Feel free to quote me on it, and I'll make sure to quote all the annoying bugs that we wont have, in addition to the ones that caused people to permanently lose their kubrows and or platinum (Which could not be returned or refunded)

Honestly they should have a public test server and let us break stuff before it goes to release candidate status. This model works very well for other successful free to play games.

As for update parity, I'd like to see them come out together but you would need a second dev team just for it.

You need to pay attention to things.  The updates are delayed on PS4 because of Sony's lengthy cert process.  U14 is done for PS4 but it has to be reviewed by Sony and that takes time.  If you want it faster talk to them and see what they can do, though I highly doubt you will get anywhere.  If you want it at the same time as PC then the only way to do that would be to &!$$ a lot of PC players off and drive most of them away from the game completely.

Please don't post unless you have a clue what you're talking about. If U14 was in cert we would have been told.

Sony cert takes roughly a week, maybe a week and a couple days. The rest of the 1-2 MONTHS we have to wait is all on DE.

I'm fine with waiting for this, and I'm not hating for the wait, I'm just tired of people thinking none of the fault is on then and that Sony is the only thing holding them back from having synchronized updates.

TBH I'd be happy if they told us breeding grounds and Venka were going to cert soon 

That way we'd have new PS4 content possibly before the U14 fixes resolve themselves as U14 for us is 2-3 weeks from when the patch frenzy ends and its not over yet.

Sooner have my glass half full than half empty.

Honestly they should have a public test server and let us break stuff before it goes to release candidate status. This model works very well for other successful free to play games.

As for update parity, I'd like to see them come out together but you would need a second dev team just for it.

You dont know about Planetside 2 do you?

They dumped a half finished map onto the 6 live servers because not enough people were coming to the one test server, even after SOE started offering incentives.

Please don't post unless you have a clue what you're talking about. If U14 was in cert we would have been told.

Sony cert takes roughly a week, maybe a week and a couple days. The rest of the 1-2 MONTHS we have to wait is all on DE.

I'm fine with waiting for this, and I'm not hating for the wait, I'm just tired of people thinking none of the fault is on then and that Sony is the only thing holding them back from having synchronized updates.

Depending on the update size cert can take from one to two weeks.  A huge one like this will take even longer.  True DE doesn't have as much manpower on the PS4 version as they do on the PC, but it's far easier to get things done and updated on a powerful open source rig vs the weaker, closed source console.   And if the update fails the cert process, then it's going to be even longer.   And regardless of the reasoning for the delays, holding back finished PC updates just so PS4 can get theirs at the same time is just going to piss off the PC players and drive most of them away from the game.  Most of the times, it's the consoles that get the first updates and the games designed around them while the PCs get the S#&$.  It's nice to be on the different side of things for a change.

Now kindly take your own advice and don't post if you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Depending on the update size cert can take from one to two weeks.  A huge one like this will take even longer.  True DE doesn't have as much manpower on the PS4 version as they do on the PC, but it's far easier to get things done and updated on a powerful open source rig vs the weaker, closed source console.   And if the update fails the cert process, then it's going to be even longer.   And regardless of the reasoning for the delays, holding back finished PC updates just so PS4 can get theirs at the same time is just going to &!$$ off the PC players and drive most of them away from the game.  Most of the times, it's the consoles that get the first updates and the games designed around them while the PCs get the S#&$.  It's nice to be on the different side of things for a change.

Now kindly take your own advice and don't post if you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Again, if the bulls was in cert we would be informed.

I never said anything about holding back pc updates, don't put words in my mouth.

Lastly, I do know what I'm talking about, and I don't make completely baseless statements about things like you.

Just to be 100%: You don't lose anything at all on the PC version as far as items go or progress when you do the migration thing right? You keep EVERYTHING you have so far on PC?

Outside pc exclusive items... Yes.  [founders Excal prime, ect.]

Edited by Sibarian

You dont know about Planetside 2 do you?

They dumped a half finished map onto the 6 live servers because not enough people were coming to the one test server, even after SOE started offering incentives.

That's a silly comparison.  Warframe is a 4 player instanced base game.  It wouldn't even need a fraction of a fraction of the number of players that Ps2 needs needs to test out a map.

Edited by Aggh