Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meet The Son Of Lephantis - The Colossal Ancient

Ravensaurus

So... Since U14 launched I'm unable to join random sessions, because the loading will take at least 1 minutes. But more likely even more. I don't know what is the problem but pre-update 14 my laptop and my internet connection could handle the game fine. Soloing however is okay - so I soloed Phorid (Ceres) today multiple times. I casted a Well of Life on an Ancient Healer... And this happened:

BhAtb7v.jpg

The Ancient Healer growed at least fifteen times bigger than its normal size. And after the duration of the ability ended, the size remained the same.

RZaimnv.jpg

X27FjIc.jpg

vHuZGT1.jpg

Size Comparison:

gkoFqjN.jpg

The Ancient acted like 'normally', it screamed, walked around and even grabed me with its new ability. However in didn't run to knock me down like the normal counterparts. The health (luckily) remained the default after the ability ended, so it was easily to take out this giant (tested on another 'colossal ancient' not specifically this one).

I can easily duplicate this bug anytime (I think I've already done this more than 10 times) . The only thing which is changing is the duration of the giant stage. Sometimes the healer is only affected while Well of Life is active (or even shorter period). Usually the size returns to normal after a short time (5 seconds after the ability ended) but rarely it can be 1-2 minutes. The one on the screenshots lasted the longest, I think it was over 2 minutes. The size of the original hitbox remained the same (as far as I can tell) but it was located in the middle of the torso.

WfDHDav.jpg

Also, I tested this bug with one of my friends (MrA1) and I noticed one more thing. He was the host and I casted the Well of Life on another Ancient Healer. This time It didn't grow for me, but he confirmed that on his screen it did. After this I believe only the host is affected, but we have done this only once so far (we could only find one healer in three rounds so we didn't continue to find other ancients to test it again), so maybe further testing is needed.

And one more thing! Ancient Distrupters and Toxic Ancients seem to be unaffected by this bug (tested multiple times - no size change).

P.S. Thanks for reading my bug report!

Edited by Ravensaurus

Actually pretty cool. I wouldn't mind this size being an Eximus version giving some sort of mini boost to those around him so long as he is simple (no healing/toxic/disruption) to begin with :O

Yes, I'd like to see them as a permanent addition, too. But because of their massive size, they need to be restricted to big rooms (like this asteroid base room or open-air areas on Corpus ice-planet tilesets and Earth tilesets for example).

Edited by Ravensaurus

Yes, I'd like to see them as a permanent addition, too. But because of their massive size, they need to be restricted to big rooms (like this asteroid base room or open-air areas on Corpus ice-planet tilesets and Earth tilesets for example).

Actually, how cool would it be if they were stuck to the wall and when you came in they slugger off it like a newborn disgusting huge baby :D

I was playing a simple dark sector survival on venus and ancients started to spawn like crazy, then this happened when i used well of life on it. quite hard to tell on this picture because of the angle but i turned on shadowplay afterwards incase it happens again. to say it this way, i could run between its feet... have this happened to anyone else ?

105z6zp.jpg

*edit. Got better pictures

1z1d0ed.jpg

2jbqexv.jpg

Edited by Lolman35

*moves Charger corpse*

*Looks for box that said Ancient may be stood on*

Cannot tell if image is legit or not.

I wish i could have gotten a better picture, but i only took this one... foolish me... i'll try to get a better picture next time

Edited by Lolman35