Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Past Of The Present - Tenno-Warframe Relationship Concept (Multi-Shot Fanfic?)

jjpdn

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, we now know that it's one Tenno and multiple Warframes (I thought the devs gave us a hint... If they didn't, then just believe that for a second if you're reading the 'fanfics')

Warframes are like suits of armor, harnessing and shaping the Tenno's inner energies.

Tenno have a hierarchy, with something called the Tenno council and someone called the Lotus to guide the general Tenno. Don't know if there is interactions between the Tenno council and the Lotus.

Warframes themselves have a degree of self-awareness and intelligence, demonstrated by Valkyr, Mirage and the first (second?) Excalibur. 

Players each have their own ship, and mods are an actual thing that can be locked and loaded into a weapon, not just cards that demonstrate an action/modification to be made.

So, from that I believe that Warframes at least have a very small degree of sentiency. 

A/N: Might go a tiny bit AU. 

Please guess what each one is talking about (i left a crap lot of hints, so...)!

--------------------------------------

He was the electricity, and one with it.

It flew through his veins, the very essence of his flesh. 

A man of swirling electrons.

And I was his partner.

We were as close as skin, him wrapping around my old flesh.

Comrades bonded by the toughest of steel.

Brother by spirit, sometimes by blood.

And I lost him.

Time past and here I watch a pretender of him made once more. 

Dried tears roll down my tender face.

Imprints of him old I may have saved, but this clone will never be the same.

And I sigh. 

-----------------------------

The smell of death is quite still fresh. 

Death of a sister, death of a partner.

I lift it's gloves up to my face, parts repaired contrasting to the parts worn past rust.

Familiarity in a being lost to the after-life.

I feel like I have forgotten something, a feeling unlocked by her.

A memory long lost, one before my own rebirth.

Like a trickery from a God, or a Mirage from the unknown.

A known video lost into the abyss of the Void.

How many of our partners and siblings must we lose?

She was once so bright, I feel, floating in this world of pain, light.

A master of lies within the truth.

And now, honored, in a mockery of her power.

A mockery of them both.

--------------------------------

Through wars have I and her been never apart.

Like lovers, we always found each other, never to fail.

The attraction was truly a song.

Echoing, wave like, past life and death.

Now, past repelled time are we even closer.

Awakened together and escaped together.

Gravity has no hold on us.

For she is my own.

----------------------------------

In my dreams, I see myself and the one that is my armor.

Softly touching, smoothly dancing with flurries of red encircling us both.

One that is her, but is more like Her.

The one that I have forgotten.

She was truly the Goddess.

The Goddess of fire.

The fire of a beautiful hell.

A warm smile is the one I wear when I have Her in my hold.

Not an armor, not a tool.

A friend that never left, a fiery passion that always held.

The one that I don't have memories about.

She feels alive in my world.

The hot world that was me and Her.

The Her that was... my life.

--------------------------------------

So... does it make any degree of sense?

Edited by jjpdn

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, we now know that it's one Tenno and multiple Warframes.

It's not one Tenno. It's still up in the air as to whether there are multiple Tenno or a singular. Vor's lines in Vor's Prize are ambiguous and open-ended enough to have either Mono-Tenno or Poly-Tenno work.

So at this point we still don't really know.

It's not one Tenno. It's still up in the air as to whether there are multiple Tenno or a singular. Vor's lines in Vor's Prize are ambiguous and open-ended enough to have either Mono-Tenno or Poly-Tenno work.

Hm.. I forgot, but somewhere there was a really convincing proof from somebody...

I have to agree.

DevStream 25 at about minute 34 [DE]Steve says, the Tenno was human and a Tenno in the Warframe. That could mean that they aren't remote controlled, but I still hypothesis that a Tenno clone is built for the purpose of inhabiting the frame remotely. The Tenno clone is made when the frame is constructed. Its that or a single Tenno's body is morphed when putting on the suit, assuming that they aren't remote controlled. But, Steve definitely stated you are playing a singe Tenno. 
[DE]Steve, also said that he is intentionally keeping it vague as to keep the game accessible to as many people and cultures as possible. I read that as, he doesn't want to explicitly say that you play a character that potentially gender swaps. I find that funny because, even if you play many Tenno, you the player, immerse in the role of the opposite sex, unless you forgo using those frames.

DevStream 22 at about 17 minutes in, 17:45 is about where he says it, is where he refers to the player as, "What you are, your Tenno." Now, I agree this still leaves room for interpretation, but I find it strong enough to leave room for my hypothesis. And that hypothesis would help answer a lot of confusing issues. If the remote theory is true, then is possible that the void acts as a sort of stream of consciousness to the frame, and the frames are built, custom made to be receivers. Channeling the Tenno, and the power of the void, expressed in the form of the frames archetype, Excalibur, Rhino, Nyx, etc.

Still not definitive
Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Hm.. I forgot, but somewhere there was a really convincing proof from somebody...

I think I know what you are talking about, but regardless it doesn't really prove anything. Vor's lines can be interpreted two ways. 

1) Literally. The Tenno are pure energy and there is only one and they switch between the Frames like data.

2) Figuratively. The Tenno are imbued with Void Energy (as stated by a few lore entires) and there are multiple Tenno at any one time. This can then range anywhere from the 20+ for the Warframes themselves, up to the thousands and millions that make up the Warframe Community.

But we're off-topic from the actual thread here, so I apologize for starting this conversation up again.

On-Topic: It's looking good. I'd like to see more of your work at a later time.

I think I know what you are talking about, but regardless it doesn't really prove anything. Vor's lines can be interpreted two ways. 

1) Literally. The Tenno are pure energy and there is only one and they switch between the Frames like data.

2) Figuratively. The Tenno are imbued with Void Energy (as stated by a few lore entires) and there are multiple Tenno at any one time. This can then range anywhere from the 20+ for the Warframes themselves, up to the thousands and millions that make up the Warframe Community.

But we're off-topic from the actual thread here, so I apologize for starting this conversation up again.

On-Topic: It's looking good. I'd like to see more of your work at a later time.

Meh, I'm alright with that.

I just don't like it when people suddenly start talking about rainbows, sunshine and cute bears when before we were talking about something completely different from that.

And I wasn't talking about Vor and his words, but it seems that there was enough hints before U14...

But anyways, yeah, I would have to find that topic again.

Edited by jjpdn

• 2 weeks later...

Steve confirmed during a devstream we are ONE single tenno, mistery solved.