Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Missing Melee 1.0, Maybe Damage 1.0, Too?

Antharon

Yeah! Hmm i realy wish DE could make Charge attacks back. Stance Mods are completely not good for anything. I will go DE so long on their nervs until they make melee 1.0/charge attacks whatever or they bann me xD

Someone doesn't have Crimson Dervish. ;)

To Hell with bringing charge attacks back as most weapons sucked under that system... This gripe seems to center on the Galatine which was a major crutch sword pre-melee 2.0.

Oh yes, i see everyone likes the new Melee 2.0, why not? That's everything i wanted to know, we are here in democracy and there is always a little part, that's dissappointed. I just want the cool rush galatine action, but dreams are dreams. I only use Dakra Prime for sliding fast, or Dual Ichor, nothing other. Otherwise Katana is my favorite melee-weapon-type but it makes to less damage and slides slow..

I miss:

- charge attacks from Melee 1.0, for obvious reasons. For heavy weapons, combos simply aren't as useful.

- utility being just as important as damage in Damage 1.0. (e.g. "Scindo is stronger than Gram, but causes massive screen shake that is detrimental for teamplay", or "Despairs deal higher damage than Kunai, but Kunai will stagger the enemies at a 100% rate")

- reliable procs for all damage types in Damage 1.0, so that players who are unable to overcome DPS walls can survive using stunlocks, slowdowns, etc. on a variety of weapons

These three things need to come back.

Edited by SortaRandom

I haven't revisited it in months; but I know one of the rare dagger stances actually cuts damage output of the weapon by more than half...

Honestly while melee 2.0 brought "melee only" into viability it really was a nerf in damage output for the most part.

Damage 2.0 just shuffled which 5 or 6 weapons were worth using and forced a lot of people who had forma'ed the crap out of their gear to swap to different gear (more than a few quit over it)

The mod system is ok, but it's so cookie cutter... there's really not a huge variety in builds that really work well together short of intentionally gimping yourself just to feel like you're doing something different than the pack.

All I know is I want my viable boltos / boltor back; I miss Lex being the finger of god and despite all of the graphical improvements gameplay itself really doesn't feel much different than it did back in closed beta; just feels a crapload more grindy.

Armor ignore / armor pen was infinitely better at pulling up under-performing weapons than the current system; charged weapons ignoring armor went a long way to making under-performing melee at least somewhat useful; and now instead of being able to pick the loadout I really love and being well suited to anything I have to spend time to go out of my way and swap around my loadout every time I want to change factions and still keep on the cutting edge.

I personally don't see any of the changes as improvements, just changes, and I have a handful of weapons I've put 5-10 bucks worth of forma in that are all but useless when they used to be amazing.

So forgive me if I'm not on the bandwagon with how awesome these major system changes are. pre OBT the weapon selection felt meaty enough that there were options without being overwhelming and the way damage worked didn't require keeping track of tons of different factors mixed with constant micromanagement of loadout. Just my 10 cents.

Half your post being nothing but hyperbole and nostalgia (imo) makes me less inclined to take anything serious.

Except that I can agree on the notion that heavy weapons could use some kind of minor adjustment. How about giving the heavy weapons their charge back, in the same way we can throw the glaive while using it as melee.