Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"warframe Is A Beta"

TisForTat

Last I checked you had to have a subscription for WoW and FFXI. DS2 is also $60. And that's not even including expansion packs.

So is that what decides it for you? Cost? The 911 SSM in my area are using beta software then, as Zoll provided their CAD free of charge. 7zip, bittorrent, VLC media player, Everquest, SW:TOR, TF2 are all also betas in that case as well. 

Cost has no relevance to a software's beta status at all. 

So is that what decides it for you? Cost? The 911 SSM in my area are using beta software then, as Zoll provided their CAD free of charge. 7zip, bittorrent, VLC media player, Everquest, SW:TOR, TF2 are all also betas in that case as well. 

Cost has no relevance to a software's beta status at all. 

This game is free. You do not need to pay a cent at all to experience the game at its fullest. You do not need to buy platinum, you do not need to buy the prime access. Everything that matters in this game, Warframe, can be obtained without a single cent in your pocket.

This game is also unfinished. These additions that we are getting are not DLC, they are not expansion packs, they do not add onto an already completed game. They are core features that DE is releasing to us, the beta testers and player base, so that we may give feedback in order for them to change it accordingly. They do not just ship it out and wash their hands of it, they change it according to how we react to it.

Every single sarcastic example you used is and/or were marketed as a completely finished, completed game with all of its intended features put into place at the time of its obtainment by their prescribed customers or player base. They do not actively seek out player feedback, nor do they actually use the term beta to describe their game in its current state. They also do not make changes to the content currently in their product on a weekly basis based on customer feedback.

Twisting my words around and creating strawmen by obnoxiously listing off random programming softwares in an attempt to break my argument about semantics of an unfinished videogame. This just shows that all you're falling back on is sarcastic and frankly asinine retorts in order to dodge the need to present an actual argument.

I'll post this for now, since I'm too tired to really make a long post of my own thoughts.

But basically, I don't look at this game as beta in its current form.

Totalbiscuit's discussion on Early Access more or less sums up my thoughts on this subject in general:

Whether or not you look at it as a beta is irrelevant. Your opinion has no impact on that fact that it IS a beta.

Edited by NuBSMcGee

what's a beta exactly?

Let me try...

It is ...word, idea, or concept etc., that players often use to validate their grief and complains of their own various unsatisfactory experience of certain aspects of the game, or even the entire game itself. This is more often seen in f2p game's forum, where spammers and freeloaders are equally welcomed.

LOL  

This game is free. You do not need to pay a cent at all to experience the game at its fullest. You do not need to buy platinum, you do not need to buy the prime access. Everything that matters in this game, Warframe, can be obtained without a single cent in your pocket.

This game is also unfinished. These additions that we are getting are not DLC, they are not expansion packs, they do not add onto an already completed game. They are core features that DE is releasing to us, the beta testers and player base, so that we may give feedback in order for them to change it accordingly. They do not just ship it out and wash their hands of it, they change it according to how we react to it.

Every single sarcastic example you used is and/or were marketed as a completely finished, completed game with all of its intended features put into place at the time of its obtainment by their prescribed customers or player base. They do not actively seek out player feedback, nor do they actually use the term beta to describe their game in its current state. They also do not make changes to the content currently in their product on a weekly basis based on customer feedback.

Twisting my words around and creating strawmen by obnoxiously listing off random programming softwares in an attempt to break my argument about semantics of an unfinished videogame. This just shows that all you're falling back on is sarcastic and frankly asinine retorts in order to dodge the need to present an actual argument.

Cost is irrelevant on beta status, I also didn't list just programming software. Heck, the majority wasn't. Actually, looking back, NONE of them were. I listed a Dispatch system for 911 services, compression software, P2P software, a media player, and 3 video games You do realize this isn't the 3rd grade where yelling, "He did X" while doing X is somehow going to make everyone believe it, right? Because the only one making straw man arguments is you.

You keep spouting "core" features like it means something. Like what? A better question would be, if a feature is going to be added at a later date, does that make the program a beta since a core feature will be implemented later? Because again, every modern piece of software from games, to compilers, media-players, anti-virus software, to workflow programs all introduce major features after release.

Hell, business courses at many universities mention this new trend and pretty much state it's a way to minimize liability both legally and in regards to customer-value. 

You can of course keep slinging insults and fallacies though, not gonna upset me. As I said in my first post, as a businessman, I admire the consumerism. lol

It's not up to players to decide if a game is still in beta or not. If devs says that WF is still in beta, so it does. No players will change that.

Also I don't understand why so much players can't deal with that "beta" thing. That's not preventing you from playing or something else.

It's unfinished, yet I think that it's a good thing, because as long as it's unfinished we're sure to be able to see new and awesome things. Right ? Who agrees ?

The most important thing for me, as well as for devs and a lot of players I hope, is to see that game alive. Then I'm happy, finished game or not. :)

I don't know...this game kinda feels like we are playing an Alpha version due to how many times core features get redone and new core features are added. 

Beta is where you have gotten out all the core features of the game and know what you are striving for, all that is left to fix bugs and maybe add a few features here and there.

Warframe is still continually changing or adding core features, seeming to not understand what it wants and not have a plan on what everything to specifically be. Plus, we have placeholders and other things..it just makes me get an Alpha vibe.

It's not up to players to decide if a game is still in beta or not. If devs says that WF is still in beta, so it does. No players will change that.

Also I don't understand why so much players can't deal with that "beta" thing. That's not preventing you from playing or something else.

It doesn't really bug me. Warframe is one of two F2P games done right, I think. At most I think new players have it a bit rough without plat, but not hugely so. That doesn't change the beta tag to be anything but a marketing/business ploy.