Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Kubrow Colour Schemes

Hellchild

These are clones, hatched from eggs. it would be a case of picking the colors before it hatches, I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, customization is great, but these are living animals. it's different from painting the armor on your warframe, or the alloy on your sentinel. we would need to splice genes in the animal to change it's fur-color. then again, it could work. but it's up to DE in the end :/

They are not clones. An incubator is just an artificial mom, we killed his family, (nonsense.jpg) so we have to replace the mom, there is no cloning process (so we should not have a desease that destroy their DNA). Btw these are details, DE could give us the option to paint Kubrows right now, then put a system that allow us to decide the Kubrow's colour before his birth (a genetic tool or somethings else).

They are not clones. An incubator is just an artificial mom, we killed his family, (nonsense.jpg) so we have to replace the mom, there is no cloning process (so we should not have a desease that destroy their DNA). Btw these are details, DE could give us the option to paint Kubrows right now, then put a system that allow us to decide the Kubrow's colour before his birth (a genetic tool or somethings else).

What makes you think they are not? You do realize that clones mature in exactly the same way the original subject/species does (Be it in an aritificial womb or not).... Plus a DNA virus/imperfection can/will only be found in imperfections of the procedure/equipment. (Its all speculative)

What makes you think they are not? You do realize that clones mature in exactly the same way the original subject/species does (Be it in an aritificial womb or not).... Plus a DNA virus/imperfection can/will only be found in imperfections of the procedure/equipment. (Its all speculative)

What makes me think that? Dude, the Feral Kubrows on Earth are the evolution of orokin's Kubrows, left on Earth from ancient orokin (read codex and wikia). In the ship we can read and select an incubator process not a cloning process (incubation is not cloning, they are two different things). Feral Kubrows on Earth does not suffer this kind of degradation, so because we have a feral Kubrow (not a clone), our Kubrow has to be fine. Are you saying that in futuristic era we have an imperfect procedure of incubation????Do you realize that Is something that is possible since 1898 AC (for the humans) and 1878AC for the animals?! I do not think that we have an imperfect process of incubation!

Edited by DLz47

What makes me think that? Dude, the Feral Kubrows on Earth are the evolution of orokin's Kubrows, left on Earth from ancient orokin (read codex and wikia). In the ship we can read and select an incubator process not a cloning process (incubation is not cloning, they are two different things). Feral Kubrows on Earth does not suffer this kind of degradation, so because we have a feral Kubrow (not a clone), our Kubrow has to be fine. Are you saying that in futuristic era we have an imperfect procedure of incubation????Do you realize that Is something that is possible since 1898 AC (for the humans) and 1878AC for the animals?! I do not think that we have an imperfect process of incubation!

We aren't taking the eggs straight out of the wild and hatching them. There is more going into this then simply hatching one of their eggs. Or did you not notice the MASSIVE difference in appearance between a feral and ours?

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

this is a lot of evolution gone by, if we just hatched a normal egg, it would be a feral kubrow, just because we pulled an egg from a wild kubrow nest on earth doesn't mean it'll be an domestic orokin-grade  kubrow. yes it may not be a cloning process, but there is serious amount of DNA-alterations that can lead to side effects.

EDIT: The wiki also reads that The DNA altering does lead to side effects.

Edited by Flamederp34

We aren't taking the eggs straight out of the wild and hatching them. There is more going into this then simply hatching one of their eggs. Or did you not notice the MASSIVE difference in appearance between a feral and ours?

this is a lot of evolution gone by, if we just hatched a normal egg, it would be a feral kubrow, just because we pulled an egg from a wild kubrow nest on earth doesn't mean it'll be an domestic orokin-grade  kubrow. yes it may not be a cloning process, but there is serious amount of DNA-alterations that can lead to side effects.

EDIT: The wiki also reads that The DNA altering does lead to side effects.

No, I did not notice the difference, but thanks for saying that Holmes.

Now seriously, WE ARE taking straight out of the wild those eggs (in the most brutal and direct way, could not be more direct) and putting those eggs in an incubator. Now we have to separate what we really KNOW from what we do NOT KNOW and we are supposing, guessing, etc...

What we know is that DE, named that stuff INCUBATOR, not genetic foundry, nor clone machine, nor anything else. So, IF that stuff is just an incubator(i'm starting from the assumption the DE knows the difference between an incubator and a genetic foundry/cloning machine and they named it right)  WE can alterate the DNA just by modulating correctly the temperature and others ambient condition Is something that is possible for real, in nature, already since long time ago (as I wrote) and usually an incubator is used to do it (as i wrote).

What we can guess/suppose is that the DNA imprints, becouse of the definition of DNA, are the instruction that the incubator has to follow to obtain a certain result. For exemple: Raksa imprints contain the Raksa's DNA that contains the information (which temperatures, which umidity, etc...) that the incubator must mantain to have the best chance to obtain a Raksa.

In nature to have the full instruction, you must have an entire DNA filament, so we can guess that two imprints are a complet filament of DNA and so a complete set of instructions.

Of course if DE named it wrong, and what we have is a genetic foundry and not just an incubator, these sentences are wrong, but this is another guess. They wrote incubator, so at this moment all we know is that we have an incubator. And in an incubator, that just adjusts the ambient condition, there is no reason becouse we should have DNA degradation.

The only reason that can bring us to DNA degradation is that the Kubrows cannot tolerate this kind of modulation that is the oldest, and the less aggressive kind of DNA alteration, available since 1878, this makes us monsters, literally, and as I wrote here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/270993-ideas-for-kubrows-rescue-mission-and-kubrows-maintenance-and-loyalty/#entry3133824 this whole stuff is an HUGE nonsense. So this is why, we should not have DNA degradation and we should not obtain a Kubrow by killing his family.

Edited by DLz47

I dont want to see Kubrows being painted Pink and what not, but a certain color palette for Kubrow just might do the job

You do not want it, but people are different and we are none to judge and decide which colours should be available. I do not want see pink rhinos, but i see them, and it's ok, because, you know, everyone has their own tastes and it is right to respect.