Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We A Warframe Or The Warframes?

Kachocalvo

I mean, in game, I am an individual Tenno with different warframe suit options, each one with its own powers, or I control a bunch of different individual Tennos, each one with its own unique warframe suit and powers?

Previously to U14, it was stated by DE that gender swap was not possible because we were not controlling a character with different suit options, but different characters, each with its own armor and powers.

But now in U14 I AM the Operator of Ordis, with an INDIVIDUAL ship and a Kubrow loyal to ME, no matter wich character I'm playing. That's a bit confusing.

If only the ship had any sign of place for other Tennos (different rooms or cryopods with my other Tennos, or even better, to see any of them wandering through it), it would make sense again.

EDIT: Clarifications suggested by PsychedelicSnake post.

Edited by Kachocalvo

well i was under the impression we just put on different frames to give us different powers and it was just the one of us  hence having to assemble frames untill i realised that means that if that was the case different frames gave me a sex change.... so i guess we just control different people.

We're not Warframes at all.

We're Tenno. Tenno are within the Warframes, not the Warframes themselves.

Let me rephrase it: Are we ONE TENNO with different warframes and powers to choose from, or a bunch of different Tennos, each one with his own warframe and powers?

DE hasn't confirmed if we are one or more Tenno. Due to there being evidence for both theories neither of them are the truth unless DE provides confirmation (assuming they ever do). We don't know yet, but personally I'd prefer if it stayed that way, so each player could be free to believe their own theory.

In the new prologue, Vor says that we are energy. Perhaps that is the case and tenno don't actually have physical bodies anymore (or never did).

I interpret the Tenno to be modified by the duration of which they were sent to the Void by the Orokin. They came back with unimaginable powers, and the Orokin built the warframes around those individual Tenno. Warframes channel the Tenno's powers and energy and turns them into the various abilities and defenses. Tenno can channel their bodies and energy into each of the warframes they acquire, with the ability to do so enhanced by the Orokin.

In the new prologue, Vor says that we are energy. Perhaps that is the case and tenno don't actually have physical bodies anymore (or never did).

I think Vor says we are the energy to the warframe suit, the source of powers, and use the warframe armor as "focus", rather than being the warframe suit which grants us the powers.

DE hasn't confirmed if we are one or more Tenno. Due to there being evidence for both theories neither of them are the truth unless DE provides confirmation (assuming they ever do). We don't know yet, but personally I'd prefer if it stayed that way, so each player could be free to believe their own theory.

This.

I'd swear that long, long ago in the past year, when the "Give us the gender swap" thing started, DE Steve stated in a livestream that we are in fact controlling different unique characters, what made gender swap impossible, but I'm not going to search through past livestreams to confirm it. if anyone is so kind and has tons of free time to do that search, I'd be honored.

In Vor's arid fear message he talks about tenno corpses, so tenno definitely aren't some sort of non-corporeal entity made out of energy, he mean that tenno serve as energy for the frames.

Also lotus is very specifically refering to mirage as "she", if tenno were formless/energy and just swap in and out of several frames, this distinction would not be made.

1.We could be one Tenno with one warframe only.

As the Codex and Vor both confirms this, warframes are only conduits, we Tenno are the source of the power we wield.

Therefore it's most likely that a Tenno can only wield one warframe.

We can change our frames could be due to the fact that this is a |=(_)(|<1/\/6 game.

OR

2. A Tenno may naturally has the talent to do different things, choosing warframes is like choosing your job.

A master Tenno may be able to wield different kind of powers and use different warframes.

We may change our sex could be due to the fact that this is a |=(_)(|<1/\/6 game.

Conclusion: This is a |=(_)(|<1/\/6 game, so both could be right.

Edited by PachTrick

1.We could be one Tenno with one warframe only.

As the Codex and Vor both confirms this, warframes are only conduits, we Tenno are the source of the power we wield.

Therefore it's most likely that a Tenno can only wield one warframe.

We can change our frames could be due to the fact that this is a |=(_)(|<1/\/6 game.

OR

2. A Tenno may naturally has the talent to do different things, choosing warframes is like choosing your job.

A master Tenno may be able to wield different kind of powers and use different warframes.

We may change our sex could be due to the fact that this is a |=(_)(|<1/\/6 game.

Conclusion: This is a |=(_)(|<1/\/6 game, so both could be right.

Right, this is a @(*()&#036; game, but coherence is not only not forbidden but even desirable, even in games ;)

Right, this is a @(*()$ game, but coherence is not only not forbidden but even desirable, even in games ;)

Yeah that's why I only use male warframes.

P.s.Rhino P and Hydroid are not male, the first one is a piece of black fat, the latter is an unkown monster.

Edit: No Excalibro P never existed, it's not even in the codex!

Edited by PachTrick

I'm leaning toward we are one being who uses many 'bodys'

Yep. I'm leaning towards the idea that we are people in the real world playing this video game from our computers or consoles that features many cool playable characters, beings, bodies, virtual elements, etc.

Trying not too hard to think about it or pressure the devs into giving us answers for questions best left to the imagination. XD

I feel Vor's prize gave us some adequate lore for us to deduce what/who we play in game.

In Vor's arid fear message he talks about tenno corpses, so tenno definitely aren't some sort of non-corporeal entity made out of energy, he mean that tenno serve as energy for the frames.

Also lotus is very specifically refering to mirage as "she", if tenno were formless/energy and just swap in and out of several frames, this distinction would not be made.

Preach it! Multiple characters = game mechanics, the actual player situation will never be consistant with the established lore that we are controlling individual Tenno, male and female respective to their frames, and it really can't nor should it. It's like trying to explain the experience system or any other game aspect as a lore thing, and sure DE is really going heavy with the immersion but you gotta draw a line somewhere. Lech Kril, "Tenno are flesh, flesh bleeds", Vor, to paraphrase- "Come out of your Warframe and fight me fairly", Phorid- "We are your flesh", defending Tenno Cryopods, those depicting definitive human beings, just too much points to individuals under the omnificent control of the player, and that the actual in-game personalization towards each character you're using/mastery rank just simply won't have lore implications, it's all for the sake of simplicity and gameplay. Edited by (PS4)Swiggey

Yeah that's why I only use male warframes.

P.s.Rhino P and Hydroid are not male, the first one is a piece of black fat, the latter is an unkown monster.

Edit: No Excalibro P never existed, it's not even in the codex!

I have seen a Excaliber P in my game before

Edited by Ankoku_no_Hime

I think that I have a platoon of Tenno and each Tenno/Warframe has his/her own personalities and I choose to play as one of them in each mission.

As for U14 each Tenno in my platoon has his/her own ship and kubrows. I just don't need to give them like 30 different names.

This is my own imagination/explanation that I feel comfortable with.

I think that I have a platoon of Tenno and each Tenno/Warframe has his/her own personalities and I choose to play as one of them in each mission.

As for U14 each Tenno in my platoon has his/her own ship and kubrows. I just don't need to give them like 30 different names.

This is my own imagination/explanation that I feel comfortable with.

No you're not DERebecca