Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We A Warframe Or The Warframes?

Kachocalvo

they did clarify this. If you played the prologue you would have known a Tenno can wear all the warframes because we are like an army of Electro's beings of pure energy that can move between the suits.

edit: Vor said so himself.

Vor said that in reference to the power that he previously believed was part of the Warframe. That does not imply that the Tenno are _only_ energy, just that the void energy that Vor though was in the Warframe was actually in the Tenno, the Warframe only shapes that energy to a specific effect (power)

Vor said that in reference to the power that he previously believed was part of the Warframe. That does not imply that the Tenno are _only_ energy, just that the void energy that Vor though was in the Warframe was actually in the Tenno, the Warframe only shapes that energy to a specific effect (power)

To be honest I think it enhances said power. Not shape it. As Vor said its not even a conduit as he originally believed, but the Tenno itself a conduit. DE has even considered allowing some Warframes to carry the power of other warframes. There was even the whole the Tenno don't have voices because they are us. We are their voice. Which wouldnt make sense if I am a dude, an I have to play as multiple people big, small, male, female. Unless I was a being of pure energy that just filled the suits, and was one being moving from suit, to suit. Not to mention the arsenal system seems to support only one. So its not like were moving between a massive ship to switch out Tenno. It seems to be just the one changing their warframe around from their storage.

So if they REALLY are different people. They would have given the Tenno voices ages ago.

Edited by Arlayn

@ (PS4)Swiggey ... I agree with your assertion that DE is INTENTIONALLY not following the closed-ended and author-controlled narrative style favored by Hollywood megaproductions

From the looks of it, DE plans to have Warframe be a serial in the traditional sense ... a story that NEVER ends

Giving away all the crucial answers just leads to loss of readership (or gamers in this case)

While it is clear that fan concept art receives a lot of attention from DE, it would be interesting to know to what extent lore threads are followed and to what extent the current story line is firmly established

Except every experience and story progression mechanic in the game. They all assume a single POV, a single in-game character.

Point taken. It seems DE are playing the "it's a mistery - think yourself" card just to avoid being coherent :) 

Snippet from Excalibro Prime's codex entry:

In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born.

Make of that what you may.

@ Arlayn ... if the Tenno are pure energy then how do you explain the seemingly very emotional bond between the Tenno and their Kubrow?

Trans species bonding between humans and canines is unique:

1. Co-habitation

2. Emotional interdependence

3. Mutually supportive functional roles (hunting, defense) ... in fact, dogs should be thought of as the first kitchen disposals, eating left over food so as to not leave attractants for other animals

Ergo:  Tenno = Human/humanoid and Kubrow = Puppy (or a bat faced jackal with monkey feets)

While there is the competing view that interspecies relationships is merely TOLERANCE and not BONDING

BUT, I would submit that having the Tenno bend down upon one knee to rub the Kubrow under its chin while playfully wags its tail and barks suggests that DE is indicating an emotional attachment exists for both sides

To be honest I think it enhances said power. Not shape it. As Vor said its not even a conduit as he originally believed, but the Tenno itself a conduit. 

Technically the conduit comment was part of the Arid fear victory Lore, which must happen _after_ the "intro" Personally I think the new intro+t4 void completely supplants the previous story of Vor.

But I agree that the Warframe produces stronger effects that a Tenno could ever hope to produce without a Warframe (If our specific Tenno are even capable of producing void-power effects without a Warframe.)

I think, originally, the concept was that each 'frame was an individual - like each character in DOTA for example.  That has . . . not proven all that popular with the punters so its more ambiguous now.

Personally, I prefer the 'one Tenno, many 'frames' paradigm and would like to see sex-swapped 'frames at some point in the future (or at least a move to a more androgynous design philosophy).

I think, originally, the concept was that each 'frame was an individual - like each character in DOTA for example.  That has . . . not proven all that popular with the punters so its more ambiguous now.

I remember it very well when someone asked and compared DOTA heroes to Warframes and Steve explicitly said NO, you are playing a tenno, an "avatar" if you will. I'm paraphrasing as it's a long lost forgotten comment in some thread somewhere underneath the pile but it happened. Take my word for it, TAKE IT!

We took the *twisted few* that returned from that place and built *frames* around them, to harness their *affliction*.

So heres my theory.

We know the "pilot" is a corpse when Vor opens a warframe.

We know the rejects that returned from the Void were helpless without a frame.

We know children were found in ships during the Void Era (im guessing).

Meaning they had the Tenno prior to their desperation, but not the warframes.

They built frames as a lifesupport unit. The War-part was added after.

What if the *few* were cloned to make many. What if the deformity was so severe they are barely human. What if the clones are shells , ready for a installed bio-ware. just like the other Orokin Bio-tech weapons, but now with added hardware, cyborgs if you will and yes, Cylons are a good comparison.

Nothing prevents the Tenno from being unique however. So two Oberons, two individuals, but the hardware and clones are basically the same.

This way the Tenno can learn to master every Warframe by installing itself into it.

Yes I like this idea, and fits with genders, the need for a supervisor Lotus, the mods and how they work, the taunts of Tenno being "eyless" and the Ai Lotus being a "slag" for betraying her masters to free/control her subject ai Tenno minds.