Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Into An Issue Building My 2Nd Kubrow (Now 5Th)

Master-Chiefooh

Question

Hey yall, After finishing my first Raksa kubrow i wanted to go ahead and build the other 3 variants.

So I proceeded to buy imprints for the other breeds

After purchasing one of each breed I went to go breed my new egg.

I found out that I need 2 imprints for the incubation and not only that when I click on my imprints viewing tab I can't tell which is which!!! Only information they give me is the kubrows name it was given.

My question. What do I have to do to assure I get the type of kubrow I want (I dont want duplicates). And how can I tell which breed the imprint is? How the kubrow looks doesnt matter to me.

Thanks

A helpless Tenno!!!

Edited by Master-Chiefooh

15 answers to this question

Well I must say there is no way to assure you won't get a duplicate. Today I used two huras imprints and got a raksa out of it, the only kubrow i already had. It just influences result. However, i bred a huras with another type and got a huras...

Well I must say there is no way to assure you won't get a duplicate. Today I used two huras imprints and got a raksa out of it, the only kubrow i already had. It just influences result. However, i bred a huras with another type and got a huras...

Yeah thats understandable...but when I look at the imprints there is just nothing that tells me anything about what it is besides its name. I just want to know what im putting in for the best chances of what I want.

right now, were trying to mix the genetic make-up of 1st generation kubrows, their make up is still fairly random as there's no lineage attributed to it yet.

id be willing to bet anything by the time you have say 5th generation kubrows of a certain breed it will be all but guarenteed to be the breed you want, same with body type etc.

think of it like breeding anything, if your after certain qualities it takes several generations with said qualities for the aspect in question to become the norm, or what youd expect /hope to get, which is i believe why an animals pedigree is so important, as the aspects and features you want, be it a meaty cow, a fast race horse etc the aspects you want have all very likely been past along to the new creature.

as such , id expect no less here.

i personally would like a chunky dark brown sunika, but to get that with any level of cerainty, id expect it to need multiple generations of selective breeding to bring those specifics out.

2 first generation kubrows are still pretty much all random, however if you manage to breed 2 of the same type and get the same a second time, that second generation then has stronger genes for that outcome, you'll then need to breed that second generation kubrow with another matching second gen to reinforce the traits even more, etc etc.

anyway i hope that makes a bit of sense, and its how im expecting it to work based on what the devs have said and the whole 2 dna samples to influence the next generation, that and it makes sense from a breeding point of view.

sadly there appears to be no way to record in game what the samples lineage looked like to tell if it is indeed a 19th generation pedigree fox looking kubrow, or some random 1st generation new white hatch-ling

which sucks, as lets face it, people will pay for the mix they want, and it will be very easy to con people, not to mention the whole process will take quite alot of time (if it works like this with perfect luck a single breeder would be looking at several weeks to get multiple generations with the desired dominant genes (or rng aimed in their favour).

thats if you can take both samples form 1 generation directly to the next and not cause all kinds of weird inbred problems by not using samples from 2 different kubrows.

you will be looking at 8 days per generation for 1 player if you didnt rush anything and took samples from 2 kubrows (if you get lucky to get 2 with the traits you want heh).

so yeah its going to be a long process and dont expect any designer kubrows any time soon, probably better off starting over and hoping for a 1st generation that matches what your after :P

laters

Monk

(sooo glad im happy with my first kubrow :P)

right now, were trying to mix the genetic make-up of 1st generation kubrows, their make up is still fairly random as there's no lineage attributed to it yet.

id be willing to bet anything by the time you have say 5th generation kubrows of a certain breed it will be all but guarenteed to be the breed you want, same with body type etc.

think of it like breeding anything, if your after certain qualities it takes several generations with said qualities for the aspect in question to become the norm, or what youd expect /hope to get, which is i believe why an animals pedigree is so important, as the aspects and features you want, be it a meaty cow, a fast race horse etc the aspects you want have all very likely been past along to the new creature.

as such , id expect no less here.

i personally would like a chunky dark brown sunika, but to get that with any level of cerainty, id expect it to need multiple generations of selective breeding to bring those specifics out.

2 first generation kubrows are still pretty much all random, however if you manage to breed 2 of the same type and get the same a second time, that second generation then has stronger genes for that outcome, you'll then need to breed that second generation kubrow with another matching second gen to reinforce the traits even more, etc etc.

anyway i hope that makes a bit of sense, and its how im expecting it to work based on what the devs have said and the whole 2 dna samples to influence the next generation, that and it makes sense from a breeding point of view.

sadly there appears to be no way to record in game what the samples lineage looked like to tell if it is indeed a 19th generation pedigree fox looking kubrow, or some random 1st generation new white hatch-ling

which sucks, as lets face it, people will pay for the mix they want, and it will be very easy to con people, not to mention the whole process will take quite alot of time (if it works like this with perfect luck a single breeder would be looking at several weeks to get multiple generations with the desired dominant genes (or rng aimed in their favour).

thats if you can take both samples form 1 generation directly to the next and not cause all kinds of weird inbred problems by not using samples from 2 different kubrows.

you will be looking at 8 days per generation for 1 player if you didnt rush anything and took samples from 2 kubrows (if you get lucky to get 2 with the traits you want heh).

so yeah its going to be a long process and dont expect any designer kubrows any time soon, probably better off starting over and hoping for a 1st generation that matches what your after :P

laters

Monk

(sooo glad im happy with my first kubrow :P)

A) how do you know this for fact?

DE has told you that is the way it works?

Not sarcasm I am trying to understand.

Being a former dog breeder and person that competitively showed them I know you can get dogs that are not perfect from high quality pure breads but they are still the same bread unless mixed. Are you saying they are not breeds yet?

So we have to make them breeds?

I agree they are are first generation.

Or all of them are really one breed?

Not sure because of the lack of info but what you say maybe right.

Edited by 2013slinger

well in one of the dev streams they mentioned that new kubrows being breed will take on the aspects of the previous, or something along those lines, and given the wording in-game and the amount of work de appears to of devoted to the kubrows it all makes sense to be like that.

so, yeah, this is all speculation on my part mixed in with a vague recollection of the devs talking about breeding the pet you want, and from the little lore in the codex it would suggest that yes, we need to selectively breed the various breeds to be reliable.

after-all were all starting with an egg off a feral kubrow which i guess we can take has the genetic make up to become one of the 4 breeds, so itll be down to us to refine the process, from what ive seen, there appears to be 3 distinct builds at varying heights, these seem to be the chunky thick body (mastif), the strong athletic looking one (reminds me of irish wolf hounds) and the skinny greyhound / fox like body, but ive seen these at varying heights so far.

someone really should start a thread so we can begin to get a more detailed picture of the variables.

no idea if that's any help or not but hey i tried, and worryingly, it almost makes sense ...

laters

Monk

Damn sounds like I hit the genetic lottery. Huras kubrow, build like a line backer. Black with gold lotus symbol. Guess it's time to start the forma releveling.

Thanks for the info, seems pretty ligit how they have no ansestory right now.

that sounds like a cool kubrow :) 

everything ive said is largely speculation, based off everything ive read on the forums and ingame and what little is mentioned in the live streams, but from what info we have, my theory seems pretty accurate atleast for the time being, shame DE like to keep so much of the useful info to themselves.

laters

Monk