Gifting Alot Of Pro, But One Big Con

Arlayn

All of us want to trade, and gift, dump stuff on people, be friendly etc. However! This will give hackers a legit reason to hack your account as well. Now to prevent this I say NO gifting of plat is allowed. Why? Because it gives hackers a reason to hack your account and siphon your plat into another one for their use. I have heard of this happening to a lot of friends of mine on other various websites. Mainly the social sites where you spend real money to get your hands on cloths and stuff. Just saying to DE and others the idea of gifting Plat is extremely RISKY.

All of us want to trade, and gift, dump stuff on people, be friendly etc. However! This will give hackers a legit reason to hack your account as well. Now to prevent this I say NO gifting of plat is allowed. Why? Because it gives hackers a reason to hack your account and siphon your plat into another one for their use. I have heard of this happening to a lot of friends of mine on other various websites. Mainly the social sites where you spend real money to get your hands on cloths and stuff. Just saying to DE and others the idea of gifting Plat is extremely RISKY.

The same thing will happen with credits. Hacker gets your account, sells off all your stuff, and sells your credits online. Allowing just item/card trades would make things a lot harder for hackers.

I propose that they make a 1 week or three day period in which you have to have the person you're trying to give platinum to in you're friends list before your able to gift it.

Edited by niykin

Could have a second password you use before completing each trade/gifting. That would ward off the final bout when it comes to hackers using the trade/gifting system, like lets say your new, you decided to buy founders, and then your clan leader decides to hack you and take your stuff via trade, the password would stop them. Yeah I know it sounds over the top extreme, but just an idea I am sliding out there. The fact its in-clan trading only would make the trading safe anyway. It is mainly the gifting idea that is scary and flawed.

Edited by Arlayn

Could have a second password you use before completing each trade/gifting. That would ward off the final bout when it comes to hackers using the trade/gifting system, like lets say your new, you decided to buy founders, and then your clan leader decides to hack you and take your stuff via trade, the password would stop them. Yeah I know it sounds over the top extreme, but just an idea I am sliding out there. The fact its in-clan trading only would make the trading safe anyway. It is mainly the gifting idea that is scary and flawed.

I second this. Also, the ability to lock items and warframes and have a passcode to access them to further prevent hacking instances.

I second this. Also, the ability to lock items and warframes and have a passcode to access them to further prevent hacking instances.

I didn't think of that. Three passwords. One to get in the account, one to complete trade/gifting, and one to lock the item. A pain but some of us care that much about our stuff.

Edited by Arlayn

There will definitely need to be a mechanic which prevents an arrangement in which a seller conducts a cash-for-items transaction elsewhere, and then temporarily invites the purchaser into their clan to complete the in-game portion of the deal.

Hackers stealing accounts can easily be dealt with by not giving sensitive information out to anyone.

However, I'm really more concerned with professional farmers and bots, by that I mean third party websites that sell items and possibly currency too, for real money. That should be a big concern for the DE development team, if they are going to introduce us for the trading system.

Inevitably it will happen, but hopefully it won't be on a large scale such as for other games...-cough- WoW -cough-

Hackers stealing accounts can easily be dealt with by not giving sensitive information out to anyone.

However, I'm really more concerned with professional farmers and bots, by that I mean third party websites that sell items and possibly currency too, for real money. That should be a big concern for the DE development team, if they are going to introduce us for the trading system.

Inevitably it will happen, but hopefully it won't be on a large scale such as for other games...-cough- WoW -cough-

That would be my biggest concern as well. Would really hate to see General Chat in game be nothing more than a spamfest of Farming Websites selling off Items for real money on their sites. Which I'm sure most of you would dislike that as well. It would basically render the in game General Chat useless. Unless you don't mind weeding through a few dozen spam bots in General Chat and blocking them on a daily basis.

The hacking part doesn't bother me quite as much as the above. Because their can always be a 2nd Password System added that you apply to your Arsenal Page that would lock it all out so that no one could get access to anything on your Arsenal Page without first typing in said Password.

Edit: And not quite sure how I feel about the Trading or Gifting of Platinum in the Game. Seems like it would be alright at first, but on a second thought, I think it would just lead to people only trading in game items for Platinum as opposed to any trading of actual items for items in game. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Kitsukage

In the livestream Steve addressed this and said that there would most likely be no trading of plat or credits, only items.

I thought he said there would be no gifting/trading of credits or modules, only resources, and that you would be able to purchase platinum for others.

Edited by Kanaris

Well, a second password system could be an email authentication the first time you log on a different computer. That would require the hacker to know your WF's account password but also your email account's password - that is assuming you are not using the same password for both things (which you shouldn't! Never use same password for user accounts where the login name is your email account...)

You see. All of this could be avoided if we just didn't implement trade lol.

Is it really worth it? If I have parts I can farm for everything i need to make a brand new warframe in one day - including currency.

Are people that lazy?

Is it really worth it?

(I've always thought no... but here we are)

When talking about gifting plat I believe you should just buy a standard plat pack of the site but be allowed to set the email to your friend. for steam user buy the pack and send it to a friend. These could be just like Sony / Microsoft points cards. Enter code in game to redeem for plat.

As for trading any thing else check out .

PROPOSAL: TRADING MODS AND RESOURCES

Is it really worth it? If I have parts I can farm for everything i need to make a brand new warframe in one day - including currency.

Are people that lazy?

Is it really worth it?

It evens out the hiccups in the RNG. Different people have a surplus of different things, and shortages of others.

Are people that lazy?

Is it really worth it?

Honestly, the more and more I've thought about it, I would have to say I agree with you. Their's just way too many problems that come from it that would need fixing to make it worthwhile. But even then, it's not going to be good enough to stop all the negatives that will come from it. So yeah, all in all, I would just rather Trading not be brought to the game. (And no, I'm not a Platinum Buyer. I would just really rather the game not turn into every other f2p mmo out there that is filled with problems that are currently absent in Warframe.)

I mean sure, their's a few Mods and such I'm still in need of. Trading would make it a lot easier on me to obtain said Mods. But then after I get them I would loose some incentive to run Missions as I would normally be doing when I was actually looking for said Mods. So overall, it just seems their's too many cons versus pros and would rather not see Warframe become tainted with all the downsides that are in every other f2p out there.

It evens out the hiccups in the RNG. Different people have a surplus of different things, and shortages of others.

The thing about RNG is it is 100% fair and will 100% correct itself over time.

You are unable to trade blueprints it sounds like (thank jeebus!). So RNG isn't even really the issue people were making it out to be before.

If you need certain mats all you need to do is farm a certain planet for a while and open containers. All of the bosses are VERY generous with their "rare" mat drops like controle modules etc.

All that this makes me do is NOT want to join a clan because people will be mooching off my mats. (Pooled resources with your clan?) People will join, get what they need from me, and leave. That's how things work.