Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future Customization Options For Kubrows?

-Tamashii-

Hello everyone!

There has been some recent problems with the way we as players get to customize our beloved pets. Many players are disgruntled at the fact that we have to pay 10 platinum in order to change the appearance of our Kubrow. On top of paying 10 platinum, there is also the issue of the results being random. This has led many players to spend countless amounts of platinum just to get the desired color and pattern that they want on their Kubrow.

I am suggesting a somewhat reasonable answer to this whole problem:

The DNA scrambler should still be left as an option to whomever desires to use it. You will still have to pay 10 platinum, but in turn, the DNA scrambler will only affect the pattern on your Kubrow.(ie: spots, stripes, mittens, lotus symbol...you get the idea).

The big change is giving players the option to customize the color of their Kubrow with whatever color palettes they posses at the moment. This way you can color your Kubrow whichever way you so desire, so that it matches your frame or anything else for that matter.

In the end, this leaves the entire look of your kubrow up to you, the player. The only exception being the pattern on your beloved companion which would still be decided by RNG "magic".(or your wallet).

Of course there is the "humongous" problem of having people run around with bright pink Kubrows, but hey, to each his own right? 

#1 - no one I have seen objects to the 10p cost.  it's that you are paying for something and having no input into the outcome.  Many of us would pay more than 10p, as long as we get full customization.

#2 - I haven't seen anyone asking for absurd colors like bright pink.  They could easily have a "kubrow" color palette with muted browns, tans, whites, and greys as the selection of colors to choose from.  they do it with Warframe color palettes.  There is no reason that they could not do so with Kubrows.

#3 - personal - if I am playing a small sum (say, 50p), then a random fur pattern is not objectionable (not desirable either, but I could live with it).  If i pay a more substantial sum (say 100-150p) then I should be able to customize the whole thing.

My thoughts on the matter.

#1 - no one I have seen objects to the 10p cost.  it's that you are paying for something and having no input into the outcome.  Many of us would pay more than 10p, as long as we get full customization.

#2 - I haven't seen anyone asking for absurd colors like bright pink.  They could easily have a "kubrow" color palette with muted browns, tans, whites, and greys as the selection of colors to choose from.  they do it with Warframe color palettes.  There is no reason that they could not do so with Kubrows.

#3 - personal - if I am playing a small sum (say, 50p), then a random fur pattern is not objectionable (not desirable either, but I could live with it).  If i pay a more substantial sum (say 100-150p) then I should be able to customize the whole thing.

I agree! I hope that the devs see this and at least consider it.

Sounds expensive, but if this were the price for full customization of my Kubrow, I would pay it.