Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolarDwagon

Tenno Breeders Association

Question

Post all your Imprint crosses here-Parent A, Parent B, result.

Lets find out how useful and heritable these traits are!

Rough descriptions appreciated-categories below to give you an idea of info required

Breed level:

HurasxHuras

1 Sahasa

1 Huras

RaksaxSahasa
2 Sunika

SahasaxSahasa

1 Sahasa

HurasxSahasa

1 Huras

Fur Colour

White/BluexWhite

1 Brown/?
1 Brown/White

Blue/GrayxBlue/Gold
1 Blue/Gold

1 Blue/Grey

Fur Pattern

LotusxPure

1 Lotus

1 Striped

LotusxLotus

2 Lotus

Body Types

Eye Colour

TBA? Tenno Brutal Animals right?

On a serious note, I guess we have to give it 1-2 more days until people come up with the first crossbreeding kubrows and we get some info on the topic. I hope wiki gets updated.

What is the codex useful for if we can't find this type of information or at least a bit of help about it??? I hope DE is reading this >:

Huras (female) x Huras (female) = Huras (female)

the imprints were from different kubrows

fur pattern was of the first huras

does the imprint only for 1 use?

Yes.

This seriously needs to be fixed by DE. Either make the imprint multi-use, or allow us infinite imprints of our Kubrow.

If those two Sunika imprints were not from the same kubrow, I would understand that. Especially if the game actually tracks unknown recessive genes.

Irregardless, I believe two imprints from the same kubrow should guarantee the exact same kubrow (in both type and fur color/pattern). I had bred two imprints from a single kubrow and it showed those results.

Ack aaaaaaaack don't use irregardless it's not a word irrespective or regardless. By placing ir a negative in front of regardless (also negative) you create a double negative making your sentance the opposite of what you intended. This accomplishes in one non-existiant word what most people who don't get grammar take two to do.

parent A
sunika orange/blue
short buff
brown eyes
male

Parent B
raska brown/black and grey leg stripes black racoonmask
medium buff
yellowish ice
male

result
orange brown face mask
blue eyes 
female

will be updated when puppy grows

6 EASY STEPS to cross breeding!

Step 1: Get a male and female Kubrow.

Step 2: Turn down the lights, and light some candles.

Step 3: Play some smooooooooooooooooooooooth jazz. Smooth like butter spread on a baby's buttox.

Step 4: Leave them alone. Go farm that level 1 Lephantis again while you wait.

Step 5: Come back, find egg, incubate.

Step 6: Clean up any resulting mess.

forgot to mute Ordis ...

Thanks! I should really sit down over the weekend, revise my old genetics notes, and work out how to both collect and represent this data in ways that can examine for sex-linkages and d/r patterns. And not be such a pain to update.-OP has been updated!

I'm surprised that two imprints of the same type don't produce a baby of that type all the time. I would've been annoyed if the two Sunika's that I traded for produced something different.

If those two Sunika imprints were not from the same kubrow, I would understand that. Especially if the game actually tracks unknown recessive genes.

Irregardless, I believe two imprints from the same kubrow should guarantee the exact same kubrow (in both type and fur color/pattern). I had bred two imprints from a single kubrow and it showed those results.

Sanic Hegehog has matured and he isn't quite what I was hoping... I was hoping he'd get his dad's height, instead he ended up shorter than both parents. I'm pretty sad. At least he got their body type (previous post updated with matured picture).

Edit: If this color glitch is to be believed, he came out with a nice fur pattern but all the colors were white so you can't tell.

EM64Ymo.jpg

i would really like an imprint from him please pm me lol

I'm actually thinking of moving on from Merc work to Kubrow stud farms and breeding. Some gentlemen are willing to pay good plat for certain patterns. I mean burning and pillaging is fun and all, but after so long, I kinda want to settle down. 

In all seriousness I'm gonna start splicing some genes together when my current  Kubrow hits 30. I'm hoping I can figure out how to inbreed myself a 2 headed Kubrow. Then I'm gonna stick an Ignis in each mouth and have a Kubrow that coughs fire!

I'm very curious about this too, I want to know what crossbreeding really does and if it's worth it

I have 7 pups at this time, will start cross breeding as soon as they start growing up. Will refer to this post when the time comes.

I'm actually thinking of moving on from Merc work to Kubrow stud farms and breeding. Some gentlemen are willing to pay good plat for certain patterns. I mean burning and pillaging is fun and all, but after so long, I kinda want to settle down. 

In all seriousness I'm gonna start splicing some genes together when my current  Kubrow hits 30. I'm hoping I can figure out how to inbreed myself a 2 headed Kubrow. Then I'm gonna stick an Ignis in each mouth and have a Kubrow that coughs fire!

save a little more for a 3rd ignis and put it in his butt too!!

then make it spin around the battlefield shooting 3 ignis and if you make it spin you might get a fire vortex

I'm surprised that two imprints of the same type don't produce a baby of that type all the time. I would've been annoyed if the two Sunika's that I traded for produced something different.

I'll try and keep OP updated with what statistics I can pull out of the results, anyone have either a useful suggestion or the knowledge of how best to record the info?

as a proud member of TETK (Tenno for the ethical treatment of Kubrow) i find this post offensive. how dare you become back-ship breeders for your own amusment. for shame, FOR SHAME

I beg your pardon sir, the TBA are a respectful and honest association, not to be confused with any backwater breeders!

We need a Kubrow subforum.  With sticky threads regarding this and colors.