Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios Overscanning Targets

(PSN)Gilead09

Went into an alert yesterday with helios equipped and he started taking holiday snapshots of containers.

The little sod is costing me a fortune in scanners.

Its intermittent though. Most runs I do, I have no problems with him. Its just occasionally he goes brain dead.

Well, mine is scanning like crazy all the time. Usually slowly moving targets or completely stationery. Needless to say, my codex is complete with canisters, ancients and Lephantis - all scanned in 200% or more percent.

I'm sorry, but I will not use Helios until something is changed - he is doing his job wrong.

Yeah mine is stupid, he won't do it to enemies, he'll stop once he maxed them out.

But camera, arc traps, containers, basically any world object that isn't an enemy, he will consistently scan.

But I mean, I would continue to use him regardless if I were you... well if you care about codex completion that is, if not then it's not important.  Even if he overscans, I find it more convenient than having to struggle with the manual scanner.  

But I mean, I would continue to use him regardless if I were you... well if you care about codex completion that is, if not then it's not important.  Even if he overscans, I find it more convenient than having to struggle with the manual scanner.  

Nope, I won't use it. Sadly, I do not see Codex so important for me. And Helios does not do his job properly. I just use my Carrier, Deth Cube, Wyrm Prime or... Shade. They all do what they're supposed to, for now :D

I bought mine with platinum as well... and since being in this topic the other day I've been watching him rather closely.
I've noticed that despite me having invetigator on the first slot, he's now taken to just shooting the hell out of everything instead of ever trying to scan :/  Which means I've been manually scanning...

I would switch back to carrier but his vaccuum is broken too and doesn't pick up items unless you physically stop moving, which is dumb, he should be collecting while you run.

[sNAP]

I would switch back to carrier but his vaccuum is broken too and doesn't pick up items unless you physically stop moving, which is dumb, he should be collecting while you run.

I think this kind of behavior is defined by the order in which you lay out the mods for Sentinels. For instance, if you have Coolant Leak before Vacuum or maximum upgraded Striker before Vacuum and there are any enemies in range it will try to freeze or shoot that enemy instead of grabbing objects. The same is with Helios. That's at least what I think is going on, because Carrier does grab objects when your run, I've been collecting objects on the run most of the time, granted enemies are not nearby (I have Guardian/Striker/Coolant Leak before Vacuum).

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that, I have the mods in the proper order, just seems he's taken to shooting up the place instead.  Even though Investigator is in the first slot, if any enemy comes around who needs to be scanned he just puts them down like it's nothing... he even interrupts my own scans half the time to do it -_-

My carrier does not pick stuff up for me though, I mean he does his part, but I don't.  
He'll suck all the stuff towards him, and as I run it just all dangles on his body and fills up my screen until I stop moving... it's like having a mobile Bastille... I don't actually pick it up until I stop moving :/... but all things considered that may also because all my frames are like cracked out super speed though, maybe I just move too fast for the vaccuum to process.

I have no explanation for Helios, he's always been a bit wonky.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

[sNIP]

My carrier does not pick stuff up for me though, I mean he does his part, but I don't.  

He'll suck all the stuff towards him, and as I run it just all dangles on his body and fills up my screen until I stop moving... it's like having a mobile Bastille... I don't actually pick it up until I stop moving :/... but all things considered that may also because all my frames are like cracked out super speed though, maybe I just move too fast for the vaccuum to process.

[sNIP]

Yeah, mine does that too occasionally. It is because carrier doesn't suck these things inside itself, but technically just brings them to you. And yeah, if you have a fast frame or other strange phenomena is in effect (bastile, vortexes or you're stuck in strange place) it might not work as expected and stuff might just hang above you :) jumping helps in these cases.