Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva And Aegis Recommendations

Vintersorg

Even though this item is fairly early introduced into the game, I can already come up with a few ideas for ways to improve it. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it, but there are some portions of it that kind of make me question its usefulness. I suppose we should start with the basics, no?

1) The first part, personally, I believe is the amount of stamina it costs to absorb bullets. It costs just as much stamina to block a bullet with a shield as it does a sword. The problem I see in this, is that it should reduce the stamina cost, countless times at the very least. A shield is meant to absorb damage, whereas a sword isn't so much. I don't mean a no stamina cost to block a bullet with a shield, just an amount to a point where a shield feels like a shield rather than just feeling like blocking with a dagger.

2) Add a boost to Armor. A shield is meant for defense, so it would make sense (to me, at least) that it would have a slight boost to the armor value of a Warframe. Again, I don't mean anything ridiculously significant, just a boost to make the shield seem more like an actual shield, rather than just an expansion to a weapon.

As of thus far, those are the only two things I can come up with off of the top of my head.

Moving to weapons feedback.

One of these days, I'll remember that there are other sections of the threads where certain posts belong. Of this I kind of promise, but not really at the same time... I'm a forgetful little Tenno...

Having toyed around with it a little bit longer, I guess the next thing I can suggest is when out of stamina, while blocking, have the shield still absorb a portion of the damage. The wielder of the shield may grow tired and not be able to absorb the full impact of the damage, but that's what the shield is for; to absorb damage to some degree. Whether it be full impact or half (or whatever would seem reasonable) the damage.

Yes, I thought about the armor-boost too. The weapon is very weak in dps and there should be any value to bring this weapon to a higher level. It's sad that this very special weapon is so weak compared to other boring weapons (nikana f.e.)