Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Kubrow Type So Far?

Domaik

Question

I have a sahasa myself. They are completely useless. No doubt everyone or 90% players agree. The dig, if you're lucky there is a 0.01% chance or less that he gets you a mod, being any possible mod I guess?

He barely targets any enemies with his downed enemy finisher skill, he's always using regular attacks with other enemies and misses the downed ones or he's lost 3 rooms ago and won't come to fight lol

Now I have a Huras puppy and I read somewhere they do have a massive attack damage with the lunge skill. The cloaking skill is always nice to have.

Now Raska seems super useful but how is it in actual combat? does the howl skill actually work nicely? how about protect? is it as instant as it was with sentinel?

As for Sunika, I haven't heard anything about them. But would Huras charge skill be better since it can target all enemies instead of just one kind (VIP from Sunika) or finisher attacks (Sunika ans sahasa the latter only to knocked down enemies)

Edited by Domaik

I use the Sahasa for when I go to sleep and leave Warframe on. I wake up the next morning in my dojo with quite a few mods around me. Best I got was a rare 5.

what dojo room do you use? sand gardens? any room?

he can dig ammo, affinity orbs health orbs energy orbs credits and ocassionally mods but mine hasn't dug any mod or energy orb in 5+ hours of constant gameplay or dojo afk.

I'm just going to level them for the mastery points and maybe they will update the sahasa to actually fetch and pick up items like the description suggests... otherwise sahsa is only useful for mastery rank points

I don't know about you but Sahasa imo is very useful beside the support ability , I just tested him in a survival 30-40 level and was doing a finisher attack on every enemy. Does a lot of damage and if you want a suport+attacker Kubrow , Sahasa is one of the best. 

Anyway  if you think about it they are same as warframes , unique abilities and cannot be compared because each has a different playing style.

I have a Raksa.  "Protect" does have a shorter cooldown than "Guardian". It also restores shields in 2 chunks rather than being an instant zap to full. I can confirm that the kubrow will use Protect for its own benefit, but both of you get the shield boost when it fires off so eh.

"Howl" is honesty more annoying than it's worth. I took it off.  The range is pretty solid, I'd say 15-20 meters on max rank. But it makes enemies run away, which makes them harder to actually deal with.  If the kubrow only Howled when you are knocked down or low on health it would be one thing, but the ability triggers even if everything is fine.

I have a Raksa.  "Protect" does have a shorter cooldown than "Guardian". It also restores shields in 2 chunks rather than being an instant zap to full. I can confirm that the kubrow will use Protect for its own benefit, but both of you get the shield boost when it fires off so eh.

"Howl" is honesty more annoying than it's worth. I took it off.  The range is pretty solid, I'd say 15-20 meters on max rank. But it makes enemies run away, which makes them harder to actually deal with.  If the kubrow only Howled when you are knocked down or low on health it would be one thing, but the ability triggers even if everything is fine.

I bet Howl is pretty awesome against the new Infested, no?

When i got my Sahasa he was doing alot of damage being unraked to level 20 enemies to the point where they die before his attack animation was finished. I got a Huras did the same, took him to the same level area, but did less damage then my Sahasa. 

Huras stealth is more of a combat stealth as opposed to Shade who will stealth as soon as an enemy is in range. 

I can't answer this, but in my opinion, Sahasa aren't all that amazing. They don't specialize anywhere, and aren't that amazing overall. They're a bit like nerfed Carriers... but kubrows should be better than sentinels... :c

Sahasa have the highest base health. Mine is currently level 19, and with R4 armor link and R5 life link, as well as a maxed Pack Leader mod, it never dies. And I've had it use the Ferocity attack multiple times in a row when I knock down a group of enemies with a ground slam.

But yeah, I do agree the Sahasa's abilities need to be much more defined, as right now it seems quite underwhelming, especially for people who are all about just doing damage and nothing else.

My experience with a Sahasa is that she spends too much time hanging around me instead of running a couple meters to maul an enemy. As such, I see her getting a handful of kills per run even with high-ranked damage and finisher mods.

I'm hoping they fix this. Do other breeds run around more?

I wonder how you get a chunky kubrow....I've seen one and it was beautiful

This.  The one I have now looks like a mutated poodle.  

I have a Sunika and she's unholy.  The first mission I brought her in she literally appeared from nowhere and knocked an infested to the ground for an instant kill.  She kept doing this one after another to the point some of them she killed before I could touch them.  She soaks up damage like a boss too, and the only time she died she was swarmed by Corpus.

Before I was worried she wouldn't be able to live up to her lost Sahasa sister's reputation, but after hearing how Sahasa don't do what they should and seeing my Sunika in action, I say she's outdone it by a mile.

To me i don't think their is a best just a who you like best for me i like the raksa the best its never to far away from me dose its damage keeps my shields up and the whole howl thing is a really nice abilty for support but this is coming from someone who has used nekros and terrify alot so im used to how they run away its something you have to get used to but once you do it can save u from a really bad situation at times as for the shield help it has not let me down yet if it was a bad situation its always gotten me enough time to get behind cover or to change position or unload and kill the enemies in my way but its truely all about who u like more or what your play style is their all amazing simple as that lol

It would be nice if there was a breed that you could sic on targeted enemies. Also, it would be cool if it also was able to detect enemies using its powerful sense of smell/hearing (potentially beyond the range of mods). 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Well, you can't tell any of them not to charge into combat recklessly, and you can't tell any of them to retrieve loot.

Seems to me like they're all equally inferior to Carrier.  It may be more fragile, but at least it's not actively suicidal.

Just thought I'd mention this again, only because I'm extremely proud of my Sunika.

Sunikas are so pro they use the Jackal as a chew toy:

tHjuJ9G.jpg

... Is it just me, or is that Sunika moderately transparent? (aka translucent, for those who care...)

Edit: not important, but I'm curious. The only reason it should be transparent (as far as I know) is invis, and it doesn't have that ability, nor does Rhino. I would think it was iron skin, if I hadn't used my Sahasa kubrow with my rhino prime and noticed it doesn't effect it.

Edited by Snowman486

... Is it just me, or is that Sunika moderately transparent? (aka translucent, for those who care...)

Edit: not important, but I'm curious. The only reason it should be transparent (as far as I know) is invis, and it doesn't have that ability, nor does Rhino. I would think it was iron skin, if I hadn't used my Sahasa kubrow with my rhino prime and noticed it doesn't effect it.

Transparent because she's behind the Jackal.  They're still working on that, I think.

Edited by Aramanth

I use Sunika, and I love it to death. It's Lv19, so I need to choose between Link Armor or Shields (which is fine because I use Valkyr for the Link Armor), but even with the bare-bones mods I've got going on it's incredible. One-shots enemies, durable, and long enough bleed-out that as long as I'm not dead, it's not going ANYWHERE. And, ya know, grappling bosses is awesome. Just gotta be careful around bosses with invincibility periods, as the Sunika will prevent you from creating openings (Lech Kril).

My Sahasa seems to kick more &#! than my friend's Sunika. And, if you didn't notice, your Dog's Dig ability prioritizes certain things; Health > Ammo

If you don't have Maul, it seems that all Kubrows go a little $&*&*#(%& until you install this mod. Before, my friend's Kubrow rarely attacked even as he came under fire at close range. Once I traded him my Maul, his Kubrow began to rampage like mine. So maybe you should pop that in and see if it works for you.