Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Twist In Morality In Warframe

blackraver

With these new missions namely the prologue mission set warframe has given lotus matronly characteristics and dialogue from Vor and lotus has made us seem undoubtably like "good" guys. I dislike this new directed sense of morality where before it was rather neutral or even "bad". Nonetheless what is everyone's opinions on our place in the galaxy? Protectors? Avengers? Mercenary? Bloodhound?

Well I'm not sure yet because the mission where there's either to save people or leave. There was no consequences yet but right now we're currently just neutral. All we really did in the quest was try not to get ourselves controlled or killed. We didn't do anything "good" really.

Don't forget that the tenno happily slaughtered the orokin to extinction (or very close to it, at least).

And when the Lotus wakes us up she's like: "Oh... you forgot your memories. NP! Then I don't have to explain awkward moments! Woohoo!"

And the saving of the colonists could've been coincidence. I mean, I got the choice between ruining a galleon and just extracting. What did you think I'd pick? :3

Edited by Alighierian

With these new missions namely the prologue mission set warframe has given lotus matronly characteristics and dialogue from Vor and lotus has made us seem undoubtably like "good" guys. I dislike this new directed sense of morality where before it was rather neutral or even "bad". Nonetheless what is everyone's opinions on our place in the galaxy? Protectors? Avengers? Mercenary? Bloodhound?

The morality hasn't shifted. Following the dev streams this had been what was always intended it was just poorly explained. It is the community who ascribed "bad" or "evil" intentions which kind of says a lot. There was never a shift in direction just those who didnt believe what the devs said finding out they were wrong.

Don't forget that the tenno happily slaughtered the orokin to extinction (or very close to it, at least).

And when the Lotus wakes us up she's like: "Oh... you forgot your memories. NP! Then I don't have to explain awkward moments! Woohoo!"

And the saving of the colonists could've been coincidence. I mean, I got the choice between ruining a galleon and just extracting. What did you think I'd pick? :3

This assumes the Orokin were good and didnt have it coming. Given all that's been said by DE I'm pretty sure they weren't and did.

Edited by NevanChambers

I liked that little moment where you could prevent that ship from raiding a colony or just extract. It's like saying do you wish to keep to your job of keeping the balance, or do you still cling to the old ways of honour?

I like it as there is always some rouge tennos.

You can obviously be bad, although you can help yourself later.

They are not too deep, as I would even want a time when you can join the ranks of a faction, but I guess that is just me right?

Warframe could be similar to a sifi-skyrim.

Personally, with things like the Gradivus Dilemma and the Tenno's habit to defend their kin above all else, I'd say that its all a matter of perspective. Of course the Tenno believe themselves to be the good guys, in the same way that the Grineer or Corpus don't believe they're an evil force in the worlds they have power over or how they might cheer on a Tenno slaughtering the invading forces of the other for them. 

All of that said, I think the Tenno are ultimately positive in what they have done even if it's only positive for them re-establishing themselves as a player in the conflicts that are rampant around the System. 

While the RPG merits of interjecting objectified morality can be debated, it is clear that these "Do it if your conscience guides you" missions underscore DE's core ideas of what the Tenno are ...

Honorable

Self sacrificing

Principled

They are not ronin ... they are not loose cannons

At least not by central themes

DE has already advanced the concept of a REPUTATION scale, suggesting that at some point, doing "the right thing" will alter your score (rather like the reputation scale in Fallout 3/Fallout NV)  

Have to agree, the new prologue is enjoyable, i tried it on my friend's account who is rank 0, it was actually challenging without all the mods and warframes and weapons.

I'm sure they will be more conflicts like alad V vs Ruk, colonists life vs tennos life, these seem to be small things but they give very nice flavour to the game.

Edited by Morgax

They are not too deep, as I would even want a time when you can join the ranks of a faction, but I guess that is just me right?

Warframe could be similar to a sifi-skyrim.

I'm fine with allying myself temporarily to further a goal, but actually joining Grineer/Corpus ranks? That's "Evil" to me. I hope the day that happens never arrives.

I'm fine with allying myself temporarily to further a goal, but actually joining Grineer/Corpus ranks? That's "Evil" to me. I hope the day that happens never arrives.

We may be expendable, yet I am sure may would join the a cause. 

Remember I am also talking about Red Veil and Darvo's Dance Team.

Nothings really black and white in this game.

Our actions are considered awful but at the same time we view it as heroic.

Shame with the grineer and corpus.

I mean kela de thaym is an awful woman who murders for sport yet she is praised by the grineer as some godess.

Well it's pretty simple that we are currently what we can call "good" in this universe but at the same time, we are also doing this for our own cause.

Grineer: They want complete control over the whole sol system

Corpus: They're in it for profit, as long it what they do brings them profit they don't think back about anything.

Tenno: Our goal is to supposedly bring order to the sol system but yet we still don't know our true goal. But we're mostly just trying to survive

You know, I really liked that there weren't any additional rewards or penalties for saving the colonists on that mission. It wouldn't be a moral choice if we got some kind of loot for it.

I'd love to see more stuff like this, moral choices that just make the mission harder with no further incentive.

"Those colonists will never know they were ever in danger, but rerouting this Infested ship saved them from an epidemic. Now get to extraction."

Less like a mercenary, more like batman, yeah?

Edited by SnaleKing

Guest Tehnoobshow

You know, I really liked that there weren't any additional rewards or penalties for saving the colonists on that mission. It wouldn't be a moral choice if we got some kind of loot for it.

I'd love to see more stuff like this, moral choices that just make the mission harder with no further incentive.

"Those colonists will never know they were ever in danger, but rerouting this Infested ship saved them from an epidemic. Now get to extraction."

Less like a mercenary, more like batman, yeah?

But we'd have to kill our Kubrow's  parents in order to make it Robin.

In a devstream Steve stated with word-of-god that we were the "good guys" that's been the case for some time now

If I had to choose who had the Tenno down almost to a tee, I would have to say Sargus Ruk. Technically speaking we are kinda glorified treasure hunters. That being said though I did rescue what was left of the colonists when doing Vor's Prize so can't really say I'm really part of the greedy milk machine.