Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Excalibur To Be More Like Ash

Liacu

My suggestion is to add guranteed bleeding and melee combo modifiers to Slash Dash and Radial Javelin which will make them more like Ash's Bladestorm.

Ash's most recent buffs have made him a valid end-game warframe so I believe adding these buffs to a Excalibur could solve his scaling issues in a similar fashion. I think Ash's buffs are a fit for Excalibur because the two classes have similarities that aren't shared with any other frame like both of them having bladed weapons as a major theme as well as having the same limitations on their ultimates. (attacking a specific number of enemies for every use and not being able to attack through walls)

i was gonna say up slash dash dmg. but i dont see anything wrong with giving slash dash a bleed proc, or a bleed proc based on the weapon chance. cause it would be kinda weird using a bo staff insta prock bleed when slash dash

as for javelin having bleeding proc.

eh....

javelin does all impact, puncture, and slash damage. so it doesn't make all that sense for guaranteed blood. in fact im not sure if it needs it. i feel that javelin is okay where it is (could be wrong). i would say it needs a faster recovery time than anything. just slightly faster

though im not saying its a dumb idea. i just think it needs more thought

Ive started playing with Excalibro. I want to make him very Dark Sector-ish.

I bet the stupid Glaive BP will never come up now :(

...Or just play Ash...?

No, he wants to play his Ex-Prime again.

Edited by DSpite

Mag, Ember, Hydroid, Zephyr where are you? Oh wait you also are pretty underpowered, that's great, let me just buff Rhino some more.

I don't understand your post as this isn't a Rhino thread, unless you're referring to the devs.

Also, Mag USED to be a near-perfect warframe until Pull had ragdolling added to it...

i was gonna say up slash dash dmg. but i dont see anything wrong with giving slash dash a bleed proc, or a bleed proc based on the weapon chance. cause it would be kinda weird using a bo staff insta prock bleed when slash dash

as for javelin having bleeding proc.

eh....

javelin does all impact, puncture, and slash damage. so it doesn't make all that sense for guaranteed blood. in fact im not sure if it needs it. i feel that javelin is okay where it is (could be wrong). i would say it needs a faster recovery time than anything. just slightly faster

though im not saying its a dumb idea. i just think it needs more thought

Well, my suggestion is a quick simple fix that would make Excalibur more valid in higher level areas. (Aside from Radial Blind spam) Ash had these added to Bladestorm plus clones and he's actually viable at end-game now. As for the two problems you suggested, Slash Dash could replace your melee with a sword for the duration of the dash much like Ash's armblades during Bladestorm. I also don't see why people wouldn't bleed from being stabbed with a Radial Javelin. (Why the heck does it do impact damage?) In fact, Bladestorm doesn't even do slash damage in the first place. (It's finisher damage which ignores armour)

Edited by Liacu