Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows...... I Hope De Is Still Working On Them....

nekrojiji

I just got my  Kubrow collar today and I was excited to take my furry friend with me.

My excitement was cut down by the first stupid thing. I never use stairs or elevators when I can wallrun and climb. You can imagine my disappointment when I saw my kubrow going arownd and search for the stairs to get to my new location, after I climbed an obstacle.

My second disappointment was when she charged a toxic ancient and died. I thought that I would be able to revive her like I do for a warframe..... we're supposed to be "bonded".

From what I've seen so far my sentinels are a far better companion on the missions.

They were released literally right before the weekend and if you'd been paying attention to the hotfixes you would notice that they are in fact still working on them.

Right now they are doing bugfixes and once those are smoothed out they will move onto feedback from players.

Edited by immolator1001

I had the same realisation

It can only kill enemies if I let it...

and It can't follow me anywhere and I am not walking everywhere in this game for sure, kubrows don't fit the game at all imo, I feel bad for DE...

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I do believe these are bugs. It is still a work in progress, and as such, must be more careful and maybe keep the Kubrow on the ship till these changes take place. For me i only take my kubrow on easy missions because I know it is in progress and take no chances. Better safe than sorry till 100% sure everything is working.

I do believe these are bugs. It is still a work in progress, and as such, must be more careful and maybe keep the Kubrow on the ship till these changes take place. For me i only take my kubrow on easy missions because I know it is in progress and take no chances. Better safe than sorry till 100% sure everything is working.

There are safe missions you can take a kubrow on?

Really?

Where?

Mercury--- arc trap death

Earth --- feral kubrow death...

Kubrows in their current form are far from profitable. Their upkeep to use value is just to bad. This is not helped by the fact, that if they currently fall in a mission, they don't go into bleedout and die instantly.

Survivability & DNA Stability

While it is most definitly not important to keep it capped at a 100%, the survivability of a Kubrow is meager already. There are too many hazards to their life:

- Bleeding

- Toxin (seriously, don't bring them to missions with toxic Infested)

- Getting stuck somewhere and being swarmed

- Lasers

- Oh hey, is that a patch of fire master? I better stand on it and burn to death!

And many many more. There are ways to recover some health viá Pack Leader, but that only applies when you deal melee damage and therefor does not often seem very beneficial.

Their survivability might matter less once the Bleedout timer actually works.

DNA Stabilizers

A question I have yet to find an answer to, is how much these actually replenish. The degredation of DNA Stability doesn't seem unreasonable, however that strongly depends on how much the stabilizers do. If they only replenish 20%, then I'd rather not use Kubrows at all. The cost is just too high for a 'companion' which dies nearly every mission. I'm really not willing to pay ~16k credits a day as upkeep.

Loyalty

This is a big issue at the moment. Basicly what this seems to do is that every mission you take a Kubrow to lowers it's Loyalty by 20%. I am not certain about that, but I am sure that every time they die they definitly lose 20% loyalty (which, with their current survivability is every mission).

As it seems you get to raise it twice a day by 20%, so basicly you get to take your Kubrow on a mission twice a day.

Conclusion

As it stands currently, the Kubrow is a huge moneydump without any real gain. The risk of them dying, getting stuck and the cost is not justified by the little benefits received. A Sentinel is far more reliable, has no upkeep and deals a fair ammount of damage, all while being fairly resilient and safe (as they can not chose to run into hazards). Their Loyalty and Stability meters make them more of a liability than help to your cause, which results in them being simply no fun to use.

As it is now, Kubrows are vanity items.

Kubrows in their current form are far from profitable. Their upkeep to use value is just to bad. This is not helped by the fact, that if they currently fall in a mission, they don't go into bleedout and die instantly.

Survivability & DNA Stability

While it is most definitly not important to keep it capped at a 100%, the survivability of a Kubrow is meager already. There are too many hazards to their life:

- Bleeding

- Toxin (seriously, don't bring them to missions with toxic Infested)

- Getting stuck somewhere and being swarmed

- Lasers

- Oh hey, is that a patch of fire master? I better stand on it and burn to death!

And many many more. There are ways to recover some health viá Pack Leader, but that only applies when you deal melee damage and therefor does not often seem very beneficial.

Their survivability might matter less once the Bleedout timer actually works.

DNA Stabilizers

A question I have yet to find an answer to, is how much these actually replenish. The degredation of DNA Stability doesn't seem unreasonable, however that strongly depends on how much the stabilizers do. If they only replenish 20%, then I'd rather not use Kubrows at all. The cost is just too high for a 'companion' which dies nearly every mission. I'm really not willing to pay ~16k credits a day as upkeep.

Loyalty

This is a big issue at the moment. Basicly what this seems to do is that every mission you take a Kubrow to lowers it's Loyalty by 20%. I am not certain about that, but I am sure that every time they die they definitly lose 20% loyalty (which, with their current survivability is every mission).

As it seems you get to raise it twice a day by 20%, so basicly you get to take your Kubrow on a mission twice a day.

Conclusion

As it stands currently, the Kubrow is a huge moneydump without any real gain. The risk of them dying, getting stuck and the cost is not justified by the little benefits received. A Sentinel is far more reliable, has no upkeep and deals a fair ammount of damage, all while being fairly resilient and safe (as they can not chose to run into hazards). Their Loyalty and Stability meters make them more of a liability than help to your cause, which results in them being simply no fun to use.

As it is now, Kubrows are vanity items.

I can confirm the "20% per mission" thing. And another 20% when they go down and aren't revived. Right now, there is a set limit on how many times you can take your kubrow on a mission per day. I don't like that. There is a hard cap on missions per day you can run with your kubrow, which just...feels lame.