Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking: Separate Europe From Russia, Please.

Schwadronaut

Some people will cry out in anger over the request to keep Russians out of European games but Russia is not part of the European Union.

Depending on time of day and personal luck, I always find myself in squads that consist of Russians. There are many things I like about Russians, many places in which I love to encounter them, such as the academic field to which they highly contribute. Video games are not the place though.

If this isn't self-explanatory enough, here are three reasons why I as a Central European do not want to be grouped with Russians when joining online games:

1) I don't speak Russian. And most Russians don't speak English either. Or French or Spanish or German or any other Latin based language I might be familiar with. Most Europeans do. I don't even have a kyrillic keyboard. Communication isn't always required but often desired in online games.

2) Latency. It is annoying as hell to have 5000ms of lag. It's even gamebreaking. Russia used to be in Europe but that was when the internet hadn't been invented. I would like to point out that distance is a significant factor in online games, especially when they are fast-paced. I can't imagine how someone from around the world enjoys me hosting a game.

3) Russian mentality is not for me. I've got Russian friends who seem to lack it but a good majority of online Russians seem to have their own way of playing games, mostly less cooperative and more suicidal.

So maybe this mixing of Russians and Europeans is based on stereotypes or the fact that Eurasia is one large landmass on the map, but please, we live in the US-Russian buffer zone called Europe and as much as I enjoy meeting people from around the world, if latency and comms and my chance at winning a game are so highly dependent on it, I prefer sticking to locals.

-----------------------------------

TL;DR:

- Make it so that matchmaking doesn't put Europeans and Russians together all the time.

Another trolling thread. Personally, I think it is your problem that you can't figure out how to go to game settings and lower the maximum ping limit for online play. Set it to 100 ms and you won't join any players outside your local region. And as for chat channels recruting - Russian language game clients already have their own personal chat.

Edited by tehhorrorr

I'm not European but I agree with you. It wouldn't be hard to add "Russia" to regions since there are "North America - West" and "North America - East", when the two are not that far away from each other to have nearly as much latency as EU - RU.

Personally I use the "North America - East" server because my region usually has like 5 people in region chat in peak time (South America) 

Edited by Slaytanic93

Another trolling thread. Personally, I think it is your problem that you can't figure out how to go to game settings and lower the maximum ping limit for online play. Set it to 100 ms and you won't join any players outside your local region. And as for chat channels recruting - Russian language game clients already have their own personal chat.

I have 100ms set, why I getting paired with 1k ping people then?

I've said it multiple times, there needs to be Europe West and Europe East regions, and when a Europe East region is made the game should automatically change players' regions to the most appropriate one based off of geolocated IP address of the player.

+1

I've said it multiple times, there needs to be Europe West and Europe East regions, and when a Europe East region is made the game should automatically change players' regions to the most appropriate one based off of geolocated IP address of the player.

+1

Funny thing is they used to be separated, i asked 'Becca why did they merged without warning/PSA and no answer since then.

• 4 months later...

i agree to this im kinda tired of the fact that there is so much lag that i have to forfit and leave the mission course of the ungodly lag where i cant even walk through a door or pickup items, and im also constandtly running into squads of russian players who i cant talk or tell something to course they dont speak english. now i am not a racist either and english is not my native language either but at least make it the way schawadronaut says