Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re-Kubrow Your Kubrow - Another (Possibly Insane) Solution To Dublicates

Now that this silly title piked your attention, I hope I manage to hold it.

What I'm about to suggest is a daughter of insanity and despair, a genetic monstrosity of an idea only the most wicked mind could produce.

Forma your Kubrow.

WAIT don't leave.

Basically, what I mean is... Forma is supposed to be a shape-altering material, right? Kubrow are genetically altered creatures, right? So why can't it be possible that through the application of a Forma (and some obligatory platinum lubrication) in the "Genetic" tab a Kubrow's destiny could be changed? Since imprints so far only seem to affect colour patterns (if anything at all), why couldn't it be possible to re-engineer a mature Kubrow back to a puppy stage with a guaranteed different trait? A Raksa would have a chance to become either of the other three types, but not a bloody Raksa again (there's people with like 3 of those). We are close to genetic gods, for Lotus' sake, we could figure it out.

In a nutshell... If you breed a dublicate Kubrow, an option to let it mature then use a Forma and some platinum to 'reset' it to a puppy stage with a guaranteed random but different trait could be its salvation.

Otherwise, its demise is either a freezing eternal slumber or the airlock, and none seems too animal-friendly.

Edited by Guest

Now that this silly title piked your attention, I hope I manage to hold it.

What I'm about to suggest is a daughter of insanity and despair, a genetic monstrosity of an idea only the most wicked mind could produce.

Forma your Kubrow.

WAIT don't leave.

Basically, what I mean is... Forma is supposed to be a shape-altering material, right? Kubrow are genetically altered creatures, right? So why can't it be possible that through the application of a Forma (and some obligatory platinum lubrication) in the "Genetic" tab a Kubrow's destiny could be changed? Since imprints so far only seem to affect colour patterns (if anything at all), why couldn't it be possible to re-engineer a mature Kubrow back to a puppy stage with a guaranteed different trait? A Raksa would have a chance to become either of the other three types, but not a bloody Raksa again (there's people with like 3 of those). We are close to genetic gods, for Lotus' sake, we could figure it out.

In a nutshell... If you breed a dublicate Kubrow, an option to let it mature then use a Forma and some platinum to 'reset' it to a puppy stage with a guaranteed random but different trait could be its salvation.

Otherwise, its demise is either a freezing eternal slumber or the airlock, and none seems too animal-friendly.

Personally, mine is in a permanent egg stasis - I haven't struggled at all without it, and don't want to waste resources on it...

I see your point though. Many breeds are less desirable, and/or utterly useless to some people's play-styles. Compatibility is the soul factor in deciding the animal's use. Such an addition might prompt me to finally hatch it, but for now the horror stories I've been hearing have turned me away. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

I like it... and I'd like it more if I didn't have to wait for the thing to mature again.

Agreed. I didn't fancy the maturing process either, but it seems that DE's trying to make it look 'realistic', so I attempted to count in the pros and cons into my idea.

Edited by Guest

Agreed. I didn't fancy the maturing process either, but it seems that DE's trying to make look 'realistic', so I attempted to count in the pros and cons into my idea.

I understand, I'm just a little upset as my mature kubrow died forcing me to hatch and wait for another one to mature. DE definitely made up for my loss though.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

To be honest. I cloned my Kubrow, Nero, just because I'm very picky with names and decided to make another Kubrow, with the same everything, as Kujo.

This is Nero!

EetV9f6.jpg

This is Kujo!

BhRASyz.jpg

I'm keeping the idea of possibly using them both, in case one gets really tired or hurt during missions. (because unfair situations happen quite often).

I would not mind at all if I could change Nero into something else. It would be a nice change of pace.

I liked your idea until the "platinum lubrication".

I don't need plat to make anything that uses forma in this game better, so I don't see why with Kubrows it should be any different.

So if it were going to need the use of Forma AND Plat, my answer is no.

Edited by CenSilver

I liked your idea until the "platinum lubrication".

I don't need plat to make anything that uses forma in this game better, so I don't see why with Kubrows it should be any different.

So if it were going to need the use of Forma AND Plat, my answer is no.

I like to save some plat, too, but I just tried to stay realistic in current terms. About anything right now that has to do with heavy Kubrow modification, be it colour modification (RNG based, might I add), stasis slots, rushing, etc, requires platinum. If they were to ever add such an option, I highly doubt it would be free.

If it were... heck, I'd buy a Grand Finale and set it off into Vor's face.