Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Or Boar

Skream_UK

Question

10 answers to this question

Actually, since my original post didn't explain why. 

You'll run out of ammo to quickly with the boar, and the strun does better damage I believe. Plus good modding can make up for the slow fire rate on the strun.

Edited by SirCrocodile

Boar is very effective once modded correctly. Ammo isn't a problem if you choose ammo maximum and use Shotgun scavenger. Reload speed mods and armor piercing is nice. I held off buying the boar because of how people say it was not good, but i went and bought it anyway and its my favorite primary weapon.

If you're new to shotguns, definitely the Strun.  It might be the single most cost-effective weapon in the game.  All the pros of a shotgun and most of the pros of a sniper.  It's...kinda ridiculous.

Ignore all of this if the Strun gets nerfed tomorrow.  Which is very probable.  Everyone I know who has gotten it (including m'self) is of the opinion that the weapon is kind--alright, VERY ridiculous.  That you can get a versatile end-game-viable monster weapon for dirt cheap at the beginning is...

Strun.

Boar does slightly more than half the damage of a strun and slightly less than half the damage of a hek....But has a 10 round clip. It'll take 2 shots to bring down things that the strun and hek could've killed in one. So you essentially get 5 kills per clip instead of 6. It also lacks a polarity slot. The Strun has a - polarity slot meaning it can get elemental mods at half cost.

The Strun pretty much outclasses it in every way and is cheaper to buy. If you want faster firerate you'll likely have the spare mod energy to put shotgun spazz on it and solve that problem.