Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Gender

KuroShikii

Hi, 

I know the topic has already been discussed, but here I play the game for a while now and I think the female characters are often "more powerful" or at least have a little more spectacular powers. I never tried to play with a female character, because I love my character fit me a minimum, so the gender. 

I thought I heard that big "we will only have warframes similar attributes but different gender" 

I have a suggestion why not just put the opposite gender in platinum as a cosmetic attribute? for players like me I think it would be the top. I finally this is my thoughts but I always found it unfortunate that a same character with the same power is not the 2 gender. 

After this remains only my own opinion. But for a player like me who wants a semblance of himself in the game .. 

I will not criticize you then in return I expect a minimum of respect for my opinion. 

EDIT : The general idea is to create a customization warframes (in platinum) change the kind of warframe like when you put the skin immortal. It would work in both directions: rhino could be a woman and a man nova for example.

Thank you for reading.

(sry for bad english; I'm french)
Edited by KuroShikii

What's wrong in playing warframe who has an opposite gender to yours? Things that really matter in this game are not genders but powers/abilities. I don't understand why ppl are sometimes so blind or look at this game from wrong viewpoint.

What's wrong in playing warframe who has an opposite gender to yours? Things that really matter in this game are not genders but powers/abilities. I don't understand why ppl are sometimes so blind or look at this game from wrong viewpoint.

I don't know why people take offense to others who want to play as their own gender? Isn't that what female gamers wanted for the longest time? There's nothing wrong with the desire to do so, and he's not asking for an unreasonable change to the game. Admittedly, doubt it's gonna happen due to the Devs' responses on the subject, but, even I who've played all the Warframes wouldn't mind having a male/female version of every frame. Gives more player choice.

Edit: Funny enough, one of my buddies only plays female frames, and he'd love to have a female Rhino. Works both ways.

Edited by Cradicias

The responses were rapid. As my first post, I think it would be as an alternative headset or skin but just for the genre. Regardless if people do not like how for kubrow, nothing will change for them. 

Warframe allows customization and relatively large personification. For my part, I think personalization also requires the gender change. And again I think as an alternative skins or faces. 

Incidentally, although I am French, I can speak English, I'm just sorry if I make a mistake that could be confusing.

EDIT : I understand your reasoning. But (I think still not be the only) for players in my case, it would not hurt to the idea that I said. As I also said, it would not change your way of doing to you. 

For some players the importance is the power to the other a little more in my case (if any) importance is also some RP. When I speak of RP in my case it is not to invent a life in a game but sometimes imagine, for example greater than what might be in reality. 

What I just said is true also for types, and you'll probably say "when compared to the reality so you can change gender" actually, and there I have no real answers to tell you over that.

Edited by KuroShikii

Jeez, guys, no need to be rude about it.
I like the idea. I don't mind female frames at all, being male myself. I use Frost Prime, Valkyr, Zephyr, and Saryn, for example. I wouldn't change them, to be honest, but I WOULD change frames from male to female. Who DOESN'T want something nice to look at while they rend infested limb from limb?

The thing is, all warframes are a sort of "character" themself, Genderbend them would destroy the image they all have and make them a little bit more bland. Now in many games this is a good thing, almost all rgp games have this, but in other games this is not the case, like in MOBAs this almost never happens and it's also a good thing

Warframe is just the latter where the frames are more their own personality, wich sure is a matter of opion if it is good or not, but the devs have said that they would rather have the warframes as their own personalities.

I also think the warframes should be kept as their own person "not genderbend", but I can see why you would want it. I just don't think we are ever gonna see a genderbend skin.

Edited by TheSadisticDragon

The thing is, all warframes are a sort of "character" themself, Genderbend them would destroy the image they all have and make them a little bit more bland. Now in many games this is a good thing, almost all rgp games have this, but in other games this is not the case, like in MOBAs this almost never happens and it's also a good thing

Warframe is just the latter where the frames are more their own personality, wich sure is a matter of opion if it is good or not, but the devs have said that they would rather have the warframes as their own personalities.

I also think the warframes should be kept as their own person "not genderbend", but I can see why you would want it. I just don't think we are ever gonna see a genderbend skin.

Yes I had already understood the idea, but I think at least for me that personality come from the player and not warframe, while the warframe can have a story behind but finally we, players, it creates its future. 

And yes, i didn't say that it's just unilateral. Rhino could be female Rhino too.
(I hope they do not find me too crazy to pass ..)
Edited by KuroShikii

(I hope they do not find me too crazy to pass ..)

Not at all, but I recall in past livestreams that warframe "Genders" are more or less in lockdown. There has been talk about releasing entirely new warframe that have similar power themes and making those their gender counterpart, but there has been no word about it since. If I'm not mistaken, Mynki has always been strict about his decisions and has yet to go against them. If he says "No gender changes" I'd take that as a final word.

Not trying to crush your idea, but that's my personal view of his decision.

Wouldn't get my hopes up, because I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, if at all.

People have asked for more customization; this is a part of customization that some people want. It bothers me greatly how much bile and venom other people spew when someone asks for a customization option, or even state an opinion they don't agree with it seems. This isn't a big thing, but it is something that would mean a great deal to some players. How many exactly? It's hard to say, as most players don't bother with speaking out on the forums.

But for those that are so adamant about the Dev's statements: they are subject to change. If enough people want this, those that are against the gender options may change their mind.

And if this is something you don't like, or don't necessarily agree with; say so. There is no need or reason to attack someone for asking for this, or asking about this. It doesn't matter how angry you are, how tired you are of seeing these topics. If a person wants to request an option or choice be added, it is their right. You may refute it, but you have no right to attack them.

And those who would refute these opinions or requests should watch how you word your statements, lest they be taken as attacks if that is not the case.

These forums are no place for bile, venom, or hatred.

Edited by Spriggs

I think they already mentioned they would have opposite-gender Warframes with similar themes to but different powers than existing Warframes, and they're kinda doing that now with Mirage being almost a female version of Loki as they're both trickster illusionists.

I think they already mentioned they would have opposite-gender Warframes with similar themes to but different powers than existing Warframes, and they're kinda doing that now with Mirage being almost a female version of Loki as they're both trickster illusionists.

Yes I read it once. But I do not think it is always best. Either loki does not really offensive attacks. While Mirage by members of my clan is relatively powerful when it comes to killing. Loki is classified in stealth, Mirage I have not tried it but it seems to me it is not so stealthy it.

People have asked for more customization; this is a part of customization that some people want. It bothers me greatly how much bile and venom other people spew when someone asks for a customization option, or even state an opinion they don't agree with it seems. This isn't a big thing, but it is something that would mean a great deal to some players. How many exactly? It's hard to say, as most players don't bother with speaking out on the forums.

But for those that are so adamant about the Dev's statements: they are subject to change. If enough people want this, those that are against the gender options may change their mind.

And if this is something you don't like, or don't necessarily agree with; say so. There is no need or reason to attack someone for asking for this, or asking about this. It doesn't matter how angry you are, how tired you are of seeing these topics. If a person wants to request an option or choice be added, it is there right. You may refute it, but you have no right to attack them.

And those who would refute these opinions or requests should watch how you word your statements, lest they be taken as attacks if that is not the case.

These forums are no place for bile, venom, or hatred.

Just : Thank you. Although I expected a little some reactions.

Not at all, but I recall in past livestreams that warframe "Genders" are more or less in lockdown. There has been talk about releasing entirely new warframe that have similar power themes and making those their gender counterpart, but there has been no word about it since. If I'm not mistaken, Mynki has always been strict about his decisions and has yet to go against them. If he says "No gender changes" I'd take that as a final word.

Not trying to crush your idea, but that's my personal view of his decision.

Wouldn't get my hopes up, because I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, if at all.

I understand. I'm just here to express my opinion and idea.

Yes I read it once. But I do not think it is always best. Either loki does not really offensive attacks. While Mirage by members of my clan is relatively powerful when it comes to killing. Loki is classified in stealth, Mirage I have not tried it but it seems to me it is not so stealthy it.

Exactly. Loki is the stealth/defensive illusionist, while Mirage is the prankster/offensive illusionist.

Their Warframes have genders, but technically Tenno themselves are genderless.

If they don't have genders, then they certainly dress to imply otherwise.

Didn't they say that Tenno didn't even have genders?

Therefore be put in the ability to customize and change the gender should not be a big worry in the history of warframes. Just a huge progress in the customization.

Therefore be put in the ability to customize and change the gender should not be a big worry in the history of warframes. Just a huge progress in the customization.

The devs have already said this isn't going to happen. There will be warframes with a similar theme but an alternate gender (mirage and loki) but no gender switching on frames.

The devs have already said this isn't going to happen. There will be warframes with a similar theme but an alternate gender (mirage and loki) but no gender switching on frames.

I think DE often ask questions just as DE. So I think at times they can also ask the question that I ask myself too. While they said. But to say something one day does not mean either one day it will not. 

Warframe is a game that knows a lot of change since the beginning so I think nothing is impossible. Am I naive? may be. 

As mentioned above, certainly loki mirage and have the same themes, but honestly if that's their alternate gender warframe mh ... it is slightly twisted. 

I'm not one to criticize the work of DE principle since I absolutely love the fact that the game progress and the work he currently behind. But then I slightly difficult to understand ~ There are especially a lot of character theme which could be exploited, then make alternative gender just based on the same theme seems a little creepy. 

I want to reiterate that it remains my view.

I'm not one to criticize the work of DE principle since I absolutely love the fact that the game progress and the work he currently behind. But then I slightly difficult to understand ~ There are especially a lot of character theme which could be exploited, then make alternative gender just based on the same theme seems a little creepy. 

The reason why they're not doing gender switching is because while they want you to be able to project onto your frame of choice, they also want each frame to remain its own individual "character" of sorts. As it's a stylistic choice I wouldn't expect to see it change.

Also, that post made no sense XD

The reason why they're not doing gender switching is because while they want you to be able to project onto your frame of choice, they also want each frame to remain its own individual "character" of sorts. As it's a stylistic choice I wouldn't expect to see it change.

Also, that post made no sense XD

Your words hold water. 

Finally I found a lot of contradictory truck. Maybe I say too. 

The Warframes are armor or some similar thing. 
Tenno have no gender, but armor with different gender. 

Warframe each has its own story. Certainly. But his own personality ~ I do not know what is the warframe playing or player. 

I think there is a lot of conflicting elements. In the story we talk about She or He, while tennos have no gender and that warframes are "armor" 

I do not think my post either unnecessary. Many players would benefit from personalization. Not only in gender, example he seems to have seen that required more customization on the kubrow ~ So yes the players want more customization; and gender is included. 

So yes there are arguments that say "no" among other things: history 
And another who might say "yes" to my proposal. 

Honestly I do not know what the DE will do or if my post has been read by them. But I think a game to have a positive evolution, DE must sometimes challenge even on issues where they have already answered. 

As I said to myself I want women in male characters, but others want the opposite.