Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

Ok, I done another one.

In the first slot I used my Lilith imprint: A big bulky female huras. Color red-grey. Domino fur pattern.

E2RJykI.jpg

In the second slot I used my Ouroboros imprint: An athletic medium size male raksa. Color grey-blue navy. Striped fur pattern.

Fl5q8x6.jpg

And I got a nice female huras, color red-grey-blue navy, just what I wanted. I wasn't expecting the striped fur pattern. I hope she will be bulky.

25OglhX.jpg

Edited by DarkeMYSP

On 7/21/2014 at 6:09 PM, hanyizzle said:

I've heard that using 2 imprints from the same Kubrow will produce an exact replica. Can someone confirm?

In my experience (and I have done this many many times), 2 prints of the same dog make that exact dog again but with a random height. For myself and every other player I know well, this has been the case. Enough that for myself, I think of it as a breeding rule. 

But, I can't say for certain if it is always the case since I have heard mentions of a different dog coming from two identical prints. I have not seen any evidence to prove it, so I don't know if this may have been user error in accidentally mixing prints of different dogs or if it may just be a rumor that is being perpetuated, but it's only fair to mention that it might be possible. 

On 7/21/2014 at 4:03 PM, Ionus said:

I think the "RNG" part you describe is the punnett square at work.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punnett_square

We don't really have a clear idea of what traits are dominant or recessive besides the white color, which is the default and most common.

For one, it is unknown whether your randomized pup is a purebred or a hybrid in terms of genetics. So if you have a Kubrow with a fur pattern that you like, it may be a hybridized trait, and when combined with another imprint it has a 50% chance to change if the second was a purebred. But if it was a hybrid, it would have a different chance.

And then there's the possibility of the "in between" traits that mix instead of taking dominance.

We need a Punnett square for breeding XD

A week ago I bred a Huras and Raksa 

Male (Raksa):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684623087

Female (Huras):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683939774

The combination of these two turned out as a cute little Huras Female:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687446564

She has not matured yet so I'll update this when she does! :)

Imprint 1: New York Strip

Kubrow Type: Sunika

Height: not a clue, definitely not tall

Build: Not skinny

Pattern: Lotus fur

Imprint 2: Snow

Kubrow Type: Huras

Height: Not tall

Pattern: patchy fur

Baby: Stealth

Kubrow Type: Huras

Height: Short

Pattern: Lotus

Babies still maturing up dating in 2 days

Reverse order of imprints:

Baby: New York Strip 2

Kubrow Type: Sunika

Height: unknown

Build: unknown

Edited by ElementLEGO
Update as stated

Hi guys, this is my first contribution to this thread. And my absolute first try at breeding...
...I guess I got lucky with the result (maybe not, considering the vast amount of valuable information I found in this thread before starting my first breeding attempt). :)

According to the "Kubrow Value Guide" the price range for the result kubrow is 500-700p.
What do you think guys, can I sell it at the lower or the upper range of this price corridor?
Your opinion about the breed result and the price range would help me a lot. Thanks in advance!

Imprint 1: Jango
Kubrow Type: Chesa
Height: normal
Build: Athletic
Colors: Grey... (nothing rare) - [don't know, since I bought the imprint]

Imprint 2: Cookie
Kubrow Type: Raksa
Height: Very tall
Pattern: striped
Colors: Gold, Grey blue, Dark Brown (Eyes: Purple)

Result: Lucky_7
Kubrow Type: Raksa
Height: Very tall
Colors: Gold, Grey, Dark Brown (Eyes: Purple)

N_Jango_1_Cookie_2_Lucky7_3.jpg

Edited by Raffus_ARG

On October 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM, SugarShow said:

can be Light purple the hardest and rarest color to get? I only could find 3 imprints of dark purple since started to breed kubrows months ago and it doesn't look enough good than light. Please use yor words the right way

On 7/21/2014 at 6:09 PM, hanyizzle said:

I've heard that using 2 imprints from the same Kubrow will produce an exact replica. Can someone confirm?

Using two matching imprints will create a copy of what is stored on the imprints: breed, pattern, build, and colors.

Height and gender are not stored on imprints and will still be random.

Unless DE has made some drastic changes to the system since I've been idle, that is. (I noticed there was another color shift sometime in U18 or late U17.)

Hi, I need to know something bout my new kubrow. I'm new to it actually. But first, the breeds I used in my slots were:

Slot 1:

Female Sunika, normal sized (I guess), Lotus (Blue, Red, Orange)

http://imgur.com/nmHiqee

Slot 2:

Male Raksa, normal sized too, Striped (White, Black, Greyish)

http://imgur.com/kEqX9xY

The result is actually to my surprised that I got a really ginormous kubrow. 

Male Raksa, Lotus (White Greyish, Black, Blue)

http://imgur.com/kdIrF2O

http://imgur.com/M6S9qeS

I'm assuming this is a Fat Kubrow. But what I wanna find out is that, is this an Omega Kubrow? or just a large-sized normal kubrow?

Imprint 1

Sahasa

Male

Medium Height

Normal build. not skinny but not bulky like some of the others I've seen

Has a spotted brown pattern with brown socks and grey fur

Imprint 2

Huras

Male

Medium Height

Normal Build

Dark grey fur with brown stripes down the back.

Edit some time later:  The pup is a Male Sahasa.  Black fur, Brown socks and brown spots and lines down the sides and white highlights under the eyes and snout.  Not an expected pattern at all but I really like it.  This could of course change color when the pup matures as the game is largely unpredictable. RNG everywhere ya'll.

Edited by Silber781