Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

I don't know if this encounter was a bug or not, but a friend of mine mixed two raskas he had because one of them had a lotus face and the other had the colors he wanted. He ended up with a sunika that had the patterns and colors but is obviously a completely different breed. The imprints he used were from his own raskas so he didn't have anything through trade (like fake imprints) that could've affected the baby.

This kinda makes me afraid to imprint one of my eggs with breeds that I actually want and getting something totally different. Is this common or is this just a bug?

Hmm that might have been a bug, they were supposed to have fixed issues like that. Was this before or after Hotfix 14.05?

How do you check the gender of the kubrow? I wanna post my creation

You can only see the gender when you first hatch an egg. If you've missed it, its a mystery for life. D: I've had that problem too. Well if you don't know the sex but have 2 kubros with different patterns, feel free to post here. Be sure to include some pics if you can. It'll be extremely helpful!

Can someone confirm that when you combine two same imprints you get the exactly same Kubrow as result?

My friend just tried that. WIll confirm with you on the results. So far the puppy has the same sex, breed, pattern, and colour of the parent doge. So I'm guessing the baby will grow up to be the same as the parent. But will confirm after 36hrs.

Note: I did this mix twice, the first time I got a lotus symbol, this time i got these stripes. It seems like this combination of print cancels each other out

my goal was when i got the result in grey, i would transfer it to my black kubrow imprint, and have a black/blue awesome kubrow....I am probably going to file a ticket to see if this is a bug in anyway before i continue. I don't want to waste 150p i spent on these pieces...

I'm not sure I understand what your goal was here. Did you want to merge the 2 patterns? I don't think that's possible. Well I'm not sure, I have not seen any kubrows that have a mix of 2 patterns.

My friend just tried that. WIll confirm with you on the results. So far the puppy has the same sex, breed, pattern, and colour of the parent doge. So I'm guessing the baby will grow up to be the same as the parent. But will confirm after 36hrs.

Thanks for letting me know. So buying 2 same imprints is the best way to go if you want the "exact" same one. I will wait for the mature confirmation :3

I'm not sure I understand what your goal was here. Did you want to merge the 2 patterns? I don't think that's possible. Well I'm not sure, I have not seen any kubrows that have a mix of 2 patterns.

yes i was trying to mix my lotus symbol with the stripes. I have seen lotus symbols with other patterns before.

Hmm that might have been a bug, they were supposed to have fixed issues like that. Was this before or after Hotfix 14.05?

It was after the hotfix so I'm thinking it was a bug. On the other hand, many people I've talked with this problem have stated that 2 of the same breeds do not always guarantee the same breed of baby. And I've seen DE send people emails regarding that the breeds can randomly change despite the parents' breeds. I wish I had some of those emails on hand but they simply stated it's random generation. I do however think that the parents do greatly influence the baby so it's not completely random.

iPQWHDl.jpg

Imprint 1

Kubrow Type: Raksa

Height: Small

Build: Skinny

Pattern: Black With blue stripes.

fFowIQV.jpg

Imprint 2:

Height: Tall

Build: Medium

Pattern: Cream whith grey tones.

Puppy

Dxn839A.jpg

Kubrow Type: Sunika

Height:  Small

Build: Medium

Pattern: Cream Lotus with light lines of gray and black marks in her Legs and Face.

"Disappointing Cream Lotus"

936073_10204770334885035_156470085943217

zmPRuXz.png

Is practically the same pattern as I received before, just with a little more cream and less gray ...and Lotus Symbol...

pQapF0I.png

Edited by NeloAngelicus

Just if it helps

Wow that's just the middlefinger to the face right there. (Sorry DE Lex it may not be your fault, but of those who implemented it his way).

So breeding is really what I already thought what it is... An ugly Platinum sink that's designed on purpose to be as annoying as possible so people waste more time, resources and Platinum. Disgusting.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276436-feedback-kubrow-breeding-reviewed-suggestion-for-a-real-genetic-forge/

I pretty much have 14 Kubrows already because of that randomness and I'll stop making more. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

I'm fairly certain that the offspring kubrow will have the same coat along with build as its parents, but may vary in gender and height.

Im certain that kubrow will have the same color pattern, color, body type, eye's color, ear and nose build.

However, the only thing that randomized even you using 2 exact imprint are the gender, and the height.

Op has it pretty much down.  Many posters are still only posting color thinking there is no pattern, but THERE IS.

You need to look careful.  Every Kubrow has a pattern, pattern color and 2 fur tints (3 colors), and an eye color.

Patterns include:

Tiger (recessive)

Lotus (recessive)

Hyena (dominant)

Fox (dominant)  (as seen in the Huras codex)

Splicing two recessive patterns will result in EITHER of the two randomly.  Ie, breeding tiger/lotus will get you either pattern and it's not for sure.  Likewise with dominants.

If you have a lotus and you want to keep it.. dont' breed it with the hyena/fox patterns.

Colors can be any color for any of the 3 slots and follow a paper scissors rock sort of dominance as follows:

(Rarest)  Blue, Red, Black, Brown, Orange, Gold, Green, White (dominant commons)

{This color range isn't exact, but it is currently to the best of my knowledge and experiments}

I'm not entirely sure where the grey's fit in, because most commonly the greys are actually desaturated colors.  I've seen greys replace golds and greens or browns.  I've also seen white replace almost anything and I feel it's one of the most dominant colors.

For patterns I feel that black is probably more dominant than white, and I've seen white lotus symbols change to black or any color tiger stripes turn to black tiger stripes.  However white for the fur tints always seems to override black.

Research:  I'm sure many of you know my brother SUMA from the artwork forums.  Together we've been compiling a "family tree" of our Kubrows and have been sharing between us splices to try and figure things out.  He's been keeping a rather beautiful graphic of our Kubrow family tree, but I'll leave it up to him to share it.  Together with our findings and a quick read of this thread has lead to the observations of my post.

Better reporting of your data I think should include a picture followed by color/print and color 1 and 2.  For instance I have a black lotus kubrow with red and blue.. that being a red color on his face (behind the lotus) and blue fur on his body (color 2).  I also have a black tiger pattern with silver (color 1) and a tanish belly/toes (color 2).  Or a white tiger pattern with black body (color 1 and color 2).

As an example, here's one of my breedings to test out blue dominance.

Kubrow 1: Duchess (female Sahasa)

pattern: Black Lotus

Color 1: red face

Color 2: blue body

Build: normal  (as opposed to husky and scrawny)

Kubrow 2: Spike (male Raksa)

Pattern: Black Lotus

Color 1: blue face

Color 2: orangish brown fur

Build: normal

Baby Result: Ifrit (male Sunika)

Pattern: Black Lotus

Color 1: red face

Color 2: orangish brown fur

Build: unknown

This was test led to the obvious, blue is one of the rarest colors.  This test was done on the 29th.

Secondly, this proved incorrect the silly notion that the sex of your parents affect the kids that's floating on this thread.  Same goes for the temperament.  These are derived randomly every time.

Conclusion: The only thing affected by splicing is the things that you SEE when looking at the splice.  That is: pattern, pattern color, color 1 and 2, and eye color.  Splicing is simply for cosmetic means.  If you get the look you want but not the right temperament, then splice it and rebreed it.

As for the picture, I do not feel comfortable posting his work without his permission, plus I believe he wishes us to get more results before posting our findings.  I'll let him know about this thread and he can post it if he wants or after he polishes the picture more.

You can however see screenshots of my dogs on my steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045371731/screenshots/

As the dogs grow up and as I get more in, these pictures are updated.

If you have any questions, don't expect an answer.  I generally lurk or play, and rarely post.  :)

EDIT: P.S. If you wish to friend me on steam and donate a splice to the research I will get the egg/core and breed it.  In return I will give you a splice of the child result.  Don't friend me and ask for my splices.  They aren't being traded out.  Thanks.

Edited by Nasmodok

here is the image Nas is talking about. this is far from finished btw, we plan on doing alot more splicing to aquire our "perfect" kubrows.

lSaFgZU.jpg

also im sure there are some patterns  and colors ppl may not have seen yet, potential "ultra rare" designs *ahem**cou-prime kubrough**cough*

boy would that be cool lol. i will update the image as it grows for those interested in the results.

FYI there is also another pattern, and I'm unsure of it's dominance.

It has the head being a solid color 1, and tail also color 1, with an arrowhead looking shape on his face that matches the rest of his body (color 2), and stripes on his feet, the same color as color 1.  So far I can't find one of these that actually has 3 colors.

I know SUMA has one with a black head and red body with a black tail and black stripes on the feet.  If you look at my screenshots under my gold lotus faced medium picture, the smallest one on the left has a grey head with a green body and a green patch on his face. 

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39723217294997508/5A07EEE35508673EBA8E1F7E8F050F51540C6C7C/

Here's a direct link to it.

I think I named this one puke and put my puke in stasis. ^_^

Does anyone know what happens if you use two imprints that have different face patterns? For instance, if I have an imprint of a Kubrow with the Lotus pattern, and another with the X pattern, would it be random which one would take precedence, or does one of them take precedence over the other?

Been reading this since the post started and what I would like to know is anyone breading for a certain body type?

I have been trying to get the huge type with some success by using 2 males one tall (thin) and one huge.

I have not really been trying for color.

mainly getting all four types of kubrow as large as possible.

Sharing the results of my first imprint breeding, since I'm curious about the subject as well.

Imprint 1:

Male Huras. Blue-ish coat with darker stripes. Medium height, bulky build.

ngyY8bX.jpg

Imprint 2:

Male Sunika. Black coat with grey stripes. Short, skinny build.

OjyQeMx.jpg

Result:

Male Sunika. Black coat with grey stripes (obviously...). Short, bulky build.

MHVB7bH.jpg

I know he might not be a big deal but if anybody's interested I'll be taking imprints from him and trading for different colours and patterns so I can try more mixes, so don't be afraid to message me with offers ;)

Imprint 1

Kubrow Type: Sahasa

Height: Medium

Build: Normal

Pattern: Two tone grey with black strips on legs

Imprint 2

Pattern: Grey

Puppy

Pattern: Two tone grey with white strips on legs.

Just if it helps

Just to clear this up. The colors will be cloned 100% if you use the same imprints. ONLY the body size can change with a small chance.

" Your wrong dude , with 2 imprints of one kubrow , cloning is 100% of chance , there´s a very low chance of chance just the body size (tall/medium/small) but the colors and patterns are guarantee ."

"I have 5 kubrows cloned ... In all my kubrows, only one had his body size changed .Do not spread rumors out there without the correct information ^ ^."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/277266-selling-red-white-black-kubrow-lotus-mark/page-3#entry3225024

Okay from what i have tested the order of the type does matter as well as the type itself

Say you want a sahasa and you have sahasa and huras put the sahasa in the first slot for imprint.

Just what i have seen in 3 breeding's.

here is dady

Sanuka male

largest I have seen

Bred from sanuka female and huras dad

lotus print with blue orange and some black

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/41975171638719974/31A925A8782BC99CBAE0FBA47AF0743C08F637E4/

Mother

sahasa thing medium height

Lotus markings

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/575651003217535714/5748D176C751566A55927AC37F3F39871A14EDAB/

baby sahasa lotus markings mixed from both colors

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/41975171635578958/5F861AE8F2322AF2E68C6723DFB475293C2649B7/