Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Loyalty Needs A Serious Rework.

Foostini

Let me preface this. Kubrows are neat, i love mine, his name is Dogstini and he is the best but there are some serious problems with Kubrows as a whole that need attention. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section, there's no specific Companion Feedback section.

First of all, their AI and animations are kind of meh. I often see my Kubrow up on his hind legs finishing a target that's already dead and has dropped to the ground. They're also entirely too fast and zip around everywhere, which leads to them missing attacks. Serious kudos on their animations against Kubrows though, those look good. A minor issue but one none the less.

Secondly, they're weak at first. Another minor issue, obviously they're going to be weak at first, but i mean WEAK. Having to use the stabilizers is dumb, though i don't really have a problem with them because it's six for 100k, so no biggie. And despite their seemingly high starting health and such, they get slaughtered super easily, especially against Arc Traps, which leads to my third, final and main point.

Loyalty. The Loyalty system is blatantly broken, in my opinion. Tying in with your Kubrow being weak and constantly dying, when he dies, he loses a massive chunk of Loyalty. For those that haven't gotten one yet, they lose a huge 40% of their Loyalty and thus, 40% of their damage. And you're maybe thinking, no biggie, interacting builds it back up, right? Well, until this last hotfix, it didn't. And even now, since it does, it's only once a day and only builds back up 20% of your Loyalty and damage.

So you're losing 40% of your Loyalty every time your Kubrow dies, which includes when they "die" because YOU die, including dying after Life Support runs out, but only gaining back 20% once a day. Effectively making Kubrows limited use. And i know some of you are thinking "Oh but there's mods to make them more survivable and add like 330% damage." Yeah, but do you have your Kubrow at 30 and potato'd and all of those mods maxed yet, if you've even managed to find them all? I doubt it.

Now, this may be a thing to where, you know, your Kubrow "uses" run out and so you have to still make use of your Sentinels, but if it is that way, it's the absolute dumbest way you could have ever done it. I don't even know what happens when they lose all of their Loyalty but i wouldn't be surprised at all if they just bail on you. Which is super stupid owing to how hard it is to get Eggs in the first place.

I don't know, maybe this is all just me but as it stands, you're better off just sticking with your Carrier for now. Personally, if they lowered it to maybe 5% loss on death and being able to use interactions more than once a day, they'd be worth it but as it stands they're not, with all you have to do to get them and as hard as it is to keep them, it's just not.

Feel free to add anything to this or tell me i'm wrong or whatever you feel like doing. Cheers.

Edited by Foostini

All of the yes. The system would be better off being removed, maybe. Or at least just fixing their terrible survivability, and lowering the punishment. Kubrows as is are very broken, so we will have to wait and see how DE fixes them.

I guess when DE finally fixes the Bug that Kubrows don't bleed out (although im not sure if they even care about it after 4 hotfixes and also there have been so many threads about it and not even one answear from a staff member) it won't be as bad as it is righ tnow.

But someone suggested to switch Loyalty and Health. So your Kubrow looses Loyalty every day if you don't interact with him (or fail a mission) and looses Health for dying. That would make absolutly more sense then the system we have now. But we will see what DE does with it.

You can interact a total of 4 times restoring 20 damage and loyalty each time.

And yes I completely agree with everything, trying to get us to keep playing the game with time walls, and fhe the like with the loyalty system isn't and shouldn't be acceptable.

Ugh..the AI for those things. There is a reason I named one of my kubrows after a certain someone. I'll enjoy watching it suicide over and over again because that is what they do best.

The loyalty mechanic is complete garbage. If I wanted a tomigochi pet I would down load the app (smashed my original with a hammer as a kid) or go dig my gigapet out of a box in the basement. If I have to spend the majority if my time trying to keep a stupid pet happy in this game when that is not what this game is designed for....why am I playing it? Nice idea...poor execution.

You can interact a total of 4 times restoring 20 damage and loyalty each time.

And yes I completely agree with everything, trying to get us to keep playing the game with time walls, and fhe the like with the loyalty system isn't and shouldn't be acceptable.

I've only ever managed to get it to do it once, so maybe it's just broken for me.

Its fine the way it is mr "i want everything my way and my way only"

think of ever protecting your kubrow and not trying to rush and speed run everything?

Your reading comprehension could use some work. If you are going to attack people for their views, then leave the thread.

I personally think Kubrows in general need a rework.

1. Genetic imprints need to also influence the type of Kubrow you get, and not just the color and fur pattern.

2. Using 2 of the same imprints should garuntee what Kubrow you get, instead of just improving the chance of getting what you want (by an un-specified amount, too, mind you.)

3. DNA Stablizers should NOT cost 100k, not when they need to be used relatively often, and especially not when they are required to keep your Kubrow(s) at full health.

4. As you said, loyalty really needs a re-work.

5. Genetic scrambling should use credits, not plat. Then, they should give us a plat option that lets us choose the appearance and color of our Kubrows.

6. Similarly, buying an egg with plat should let you, at the very least, choose what type of Kubrow you get from the egg, if not also the appearance of it, too. I would be fine with the plat cost being increased if it was made to work this way.

As it is, RNG is WAY too rampant in everything related to Kubrows. That, and thier upkeep is insane, and is not justified by the power of Kubrows, which are basically no stronger than Sentinels, and can't fly.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot this.

7: You should be able to "release" unwanted Kubrows in some way, since stasis pods are limited by plat.

Edited by Braken

But someone suggested to switch Loyalty and Health. So your Kubrow looses Loyalty every day if you don't interact with him (or fail a mission) and looses Health for dying. That would make absolutly more sense then the system we have now. But we will see what DE does with it.

While I don't agree with the current system (personally?  Drop Loyalty all together.  We already have health, we don't need them getting weaker because the Stalker decided to say hi when you're in your rank 6 Mirage with no HoM) it makes plenty of sense to lose loyalty when you die or they die.  Lets say you and your friend do missions together as a dynamic duo.  You two are awesome and work together well.  Then you two get into a tough fight and you die because your friend didn't back you up.  He ran ahead and left you behind.  Wouldn't you feel a little betrayed that your friend didn't even try to save you?

While I don't agree with the current system (personally?  Drop Loyalty all together.  We already have health, we don't need them getting weaker because the Stalker decided to say hi when you're in your rank 6 Mirage with no HoM) it makes plenty of sense to lose loyalty when you die or they die.  Lets say you and your friend do missions together as a dynamic duo.  You two are awesome and work together well.  Then you two get into a tough fight and you die because your friend didn't back you up.  He ran ahead and left you behind.  Wouldn't you feel a little betrayed that your friend didn't even try to save you?

Thats why i said switch Helath with Loyalty. Right now you loose Loyalty if you or your kubrow dies. And you loose helath over time. It would make sence if your Kubrow would loose Loyalty over time and Health if he gets killed. Everything else is just so that Players don't use Kubrows exclusiv.

I agree with Braken, and OP, The Loyalty system is screwed up, between the Stalker, Arc trap/mine (I don't give a S#&$ what they're called) with super vision and attack, OP wild Kubrow charge attacks, Survival missions, and the glitch that causes my Kubrow to be frozen in the "I'm too stupid to move, but I sometimes will appear to be back to normal, but just don't want to stand in one spot" mode. Over 1100 Health, and all it takes to kill it was a flipping glitch causing it not to attack ANYTHING and not to follow me any more! I spend more time trying to get my Kubrow to be more loyal to me, but every time I screw up, or some glitch takes effect and causes the kubrow to die, I lose loyalty, and the ONLY way to regain it is to interact with it 4 times, which doesn't have a counter displaying HOW MANY TIMES YOU'VE INTERACTED WITH IT, and the daily refresh. Kubrows are a cool idea, but come on, why is DE making it so hard to keep them from hating you? Why cant we regain loyalty by finishing the mission without quitting and losing your Kubrow?  

Number 1, 2, 5, and 6 of what Braken said I fully agree with! RNG needs to find a new home, or be reworked, and not just stuck on every single game in the game. I've hatched 4 kubrows, all of them one single type and color/pattern. I have a Huras Kubrow, I want a Sahasa and Raksa kubrow, but with my luck, I'm going to spend $50 on kubrow eggs, and stasis chambers trying to get me the ones I want, and there needs to be a way to give away kubrows, or release them.