Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Kubrows Invincible To Lasers, Arc Traps Etc.

Psycomet

This has NOTHING to do with lack or skill or being too difficult.  Why would I bother bringing a kubrow in a mission if every single time I run into a trap the gameplay has to come to a screeching halt because the kubrow AI is so god damn stupid it will just die?  Protecting your kubrow from this kind of S#&$ adds NOTHING positive to the gameplay and only forces people back to sentinals.

but it does. the only ppl driven to make these kinds of posts all seem to have the same general bad habits.

the problem comes in when you only have a sword.

again if you only have a sword you are boned when it comes to arc traps. my kubrow died 2 times from arctraps you can not destroy with a sword attack or have then in the wall so i could not shoot it.

You are complaining because you don't use all the available equipment we have. Equip a gun, and stop complaining. It's your own fault that your Kubrow is dying, not DE's.

Edited by Taikaponi

You are complaining because you don't use all the available equipment we have. Equip a gun, and stop complaining. It's your own fault that your Kubrow is dying, not DE's.

That's kinda rash. In case you've forgotten, the name of update 13 was (later changed) The Sword ALONE. It was all over the devstreams how high level play was viable now with just a melee weapon. So if you're saying that it's not DE's fault by even an inch for having things like unreachable arc traps and still saying that the sword alone was possible, then you are missing the point.

That's kinda rash. In case you've forgotten, the name of update 13 was (later changed) The Sword ALONE. It was all over the devstreams how high level play was viable now with just a melee weapon. So if you're saying that it's not DE's fault by even an inch for having things like unreachable arc traps and still saying that the sword alone was possible, then you are missing the point.

Equipping one gun just to shoot couple lasers doesn't hurt, does it? This game is also a Co-op game, you aren't supposed to go solo melee only in the first place.

Edited by Taikaponi

Not that I support that "shoot it, noob" nonsense, but why do you only have a sword?  Why not two guns along with the sword?

you choose not to bring all of your available equipment, you choose to accept the limitations that that implies.

i only wanted to point out that you can not destroy arc traps with a sword (when i try and level items i only run with that item to make it go a little faster) if you could destroy arc traps with a sword there would be no problem other then the placement of said arc traps.

Present an actual argument instead of just saying "it does", you're adding NOTHING to this discussion.

some discussion. ppl whining about a low level companion dying because they choose to gimp their layout not bringing all of their available weapons, by not disarming (destroying traps), by bringing the companions to places that you know ahead of time are detrimental to its health instead of playing in other locations.

everything that is being complained about in this thread can be neutralized/worked around with some stratetic planning, instead of just jumping into a mission and seeing what happens. Bad habits

some discussion. ppl whining about a low level companion dying because they choose to gimp their layout not bringing all of their available weapons, by not disarming (destroying traps), by bringing the companions to places that you know ahead of time are detrimental to its health instead of playing in other locations.

everything that is being complained about in this thread can be neutralized/worked around with some stratetic planning, instead of just jumping into a mission and seeing what happens. Bad habits

/thread

Equipping one gun just to shoot couple lasers doesn't hurt, does it? This game is also a Co-op game, you aren't supposed to go solo melee only in the first place.

Sword. Alone. Why someone would not melee in a game? This game is about getting kills and if they are getting kills there is nothing wrong there. It's their contribution to the team.

i had never ran in to arctraps on mucury untill i took my kubrow there, am i still ignorant for not bringing a gun with me when i thought there were only going to be greneer?

i had never ran in to arctraps on mucury untill i took my kubrow there, am i still ignorant for not bringing a gun with me when i thought there were only going to be greneer?

you go to a place with sworn enemies of our kind, armed with 1 out of a possible 3 sets of weapons.

what do you think

Edited by Kartumterek

Okay, I get it man. Let's workaround every bug/glitch/oddity in the game and not report them at all ever. That will be quite opposite to detrimental to the health of Warframe, right?

The AI is a problem. It needs fixing. Until then some solution needs to be found to this problem that is certainly affecting some of us. If it's not affecting the rest of you, then take some valliuuuuum and chill out!

i only wanted to point out that you can not destroy arc traps with a sword (when i try and level items i only run with that item to make it go a little faster) if you could destroy arc traps with a sword there would be no problem other then the placement of said arc traps.

No, the placement is far more significant than what it can be destroyed with, because they can be destroyed at all.  9 times out of 10 the arc traps that get me are:

1. well hidden to the point I have to run through them just to even see where they're firing from.

2. Grouped close together so they deal double damage.

3. On the opposite side of the door placed at such a distance that you always get shocked by them when entering the door (in one case, on the door itself.)

4. In a place where I'm most likely to be surrounded by enemies or panicking from losing oxygen in survival.

If there was a giant red sign that pointed to one arc trap sitting in the middle of an open room, I'm fine.  It's that the arc traps are randomly generated, thus are placed in random locations.

Sword. Alone. Why someone would not melee in a game? This game is about getting kills and if they are getting kills there is nothing wrong there. It's their contribution to the team.

Co-op. Understand it. If you don't like the game and it's mechanics, quit.

Co-op. Understand it. If you don't like the game and it's mechanics, quit.

What i'm trying to make you understand is that the simple fact of killing  enemies with a sword,gun or whatever it is become a contribution to the team. Spamming 4 is not the only way to play the game. You have to see what is in front of you. The A.I is pure crap and you are not bringing anything to that thread at all.

Not make them invincible, but make them great at detecting them.

Scenario: You and Kubrow get close to an arc trap.  Kubrow begins to growl, stops in its tracks, and looks in the general direction of the trap until you either destroy it or run past it.

Scenario 2: You and Kubrow go near laser traps.  Kubrow begins to growl, and as you approach it attacks the laser emitter, destroying it instantly.

Scenario 3: You and Kubrow get near a hazardous floor.  Kubrow wimpers and avoids it like the plague until his master runs over it.

In all scenarios: These are all sensed through walls.  That whole "shoot the trap" thing is fine and dandy until you have two of them on either side of the door you're about to pass through as you run out of oxygen in survival, so there's no way to avoid them because they're on the other side of the wall.  Kubrow senses them, you and your punch-through angstrum decide to fix the problem.

I like all of these. They double as early warning signs if the player is attentive, too, and having a kubrow destroy traps quickly would be a good incentive to bring one along.

One other trap to remember is Hive mission lasers, which can't be destroyed. Kubrows would just have to power through these, and avoid standing in them for longer than a few damage tics. Fortunately, they're not too damaging.

No, the placement is far more significant than what it can be destroyed with, because they can be destroyed at all.  9 times out of 10 the arc traps that get me are:

1. well hidden to the point I have to run through them just to even see where they're firing from.

2. Grouped close together so they deal double damage.

3. On the opposite side of the door placed at such a distance that you always get shocked by them when entering the door (in one case, on the door itself.)

4. In a place where I'm most likely to be surrounded by enemies or panicking from losing oxygen in survival.

If there was a giant red sign that pointed to one arc trap sitting in the middle of an open room, I'm fine.  It's that the arc traps are randomly generated, thus are placed in random locations.

that is what i was trying to get at some time they are placed inside of objects.

I at least want the ability to tell my Kubrow to stay. So I could go on ahead deal with the lasers and then tell my kubrow to come on over.

These things aren't like sentinels. Some control over where they go and what they're doing would be nice.

With my sentinel at least I can just duck out the way. With my Kubrow I can't do that it'll go wherever the hell it wants.