Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris +Dmg Mod Bug

SkylarNya

I'm not sure where this should be placed but I've recently noticed a bug with the Paris.

I've added Storm Bringer for added elemental damage and Armor Piercing Mod for again, added damage. Now whenever i'm soloing its fine, the paris shows the base, plus the added mod damage. But whenever i join another player's game, the paris only deals base damage, as if it had no Element mod or Armor pierce mod equiped.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Does Armor Piercing mod work with Paris at all ?

She already ignores armor so what does it do,

not sure but i think i read somewhere that Paris being bolt weapon (or something like that) that she ignores armor.

I see only extra damage from elemental mods on mine

Edited by pecanin

It's a somewhat "known" issue when you're not hosting elemental damages don't appear to work on charged shots, should work on regular however. Still a very annoying issue.

edit: yes armour piercing works on Paris, and all bolt weapons. It's "additional" damage.

Edited by plznohurtme

I recall seeing a similar issue with shotguns equipped with the "Flechette" mod (+% armor-piercing damage).

Either the client doesn't want to display all those numbers because it would end up lagging (but then, it probably wouldn't display any damage-type-adding mods), or it's a specific issue with armor-piercing mods and certain weapons.

Note that, despite the fact you barely see any numbers pop up, you are still dealing the full amount of damage, as far as I can tell.

As for armor-piercing mods and Paris (and bolt-type weapons), yes it does work. Bolt weapons actually ignore armor in the sense that faction-specific damage mitigation does not seem to apply, in most cases (so they essentially deal "true" damage, if you will). Armor-piercing mods add a separate type of damage that is based on the modified weapon damage (you should consider it as an elemental damage type that doesn't have any added crowd control effect).

I recall seeing a similar issue with shotguns equipped with the "Flechette" mod (+% armor-piercing damage).

Either the client doesn't want to display all those numbers because it would end up lagging (but then, it probably wouldn't display any damage-type-adding mods), or it's a specific issue with armor-piercing mods and certain weapons.

Note that, despite the fact you barely see any numbers pop up, you are still dealing the full amount of damage, as far as I can tell.

As for armor-piercing mods and Paris (and bolt-type weapons), yes it does work. Bolt weapons actually ignore armor in the sense that faction-specific damage mitigation does not seem to apply, in most cases (so they essentially deal "true" damage, if you will). Armor-piercing mods add a separate type of damage that is based on the modified weapon damage (you should consider it as an elemental damage type that doesn't have any added crowd control effect).

At least shotguns DOES the damage, paris does nothing (I already tested it).

At least shotguns DOES the damage, paris does nothing (I already tested it).

I tested it also.  A mission with armor piercing mod and one with flat damage, against guys that unmodified damage would not kill in one shot.  With flat damage, I was able to get one hit kills, but not with armor piercing damage added.  No other mods.