Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitsune - Curse/witch Based Warframe

(PSN)rowansprite

(Partially inspired/based upon the "Vixen" Warframe thought up by Evariskitsune here. )

The name Kitsune is just mainly a placeholder, mainly because it's based off of... well, a Kitsune. Japanese mythological fox well known for seducing/cursing or tricking people. Some other possible names I thought up were "Kira" ("Killer" in Japanese), or "Ragana" (Witch in Lithuanian).

The Warframe's appearance itself would likely have angular features, and would appear like it was wearing a sort of kimono (sticking to the Kitsune theme). Its helmet could be very fox-like in general, hands might have thin fingers, "clawed" ends (kinda like Nekros' dirty fingernails... Well they look it). The back of the "kimono" would end with nine different points, to represent the nine tails frequently associated with kitsunes. It's legs could be similar to that of Zephyr, in that she's digitgrade, further strengthening the fox-like appearance. I plan on trying to draw up a basic concept of her, but, don't expect the best art ever.

As for lore, well... I don't have anything for that yet. :c. B'sides, might wanna leave that to DE if they were to ever create such a 'frame. 

Now, stats-

Health: 75 (225 at 30)

Shields: 75 (225 at 30) ((yes, she's squishy, but this will be to hopefully force players to utilize the abilities she's meant to use, similar to Loki))

Armor: Standard 15 of casters

Power: 150 (225 at 30)

Sprint Speed: Anywhere from 1.1 to 1.2, to emphasize her "foxiness." (As in literally -n-)

Polarities: 4 power, 1 offensive, 1 tactical

Aura: Tactical

First ability:

Ethereal (Costs 25- Or perhaps it could be channeling): Kitsune (Kira, Ragana, etc) assumes an ethereal form for 5/7/9/11 seconds, boosting her sprint speed 20%/30%/40%/50%, and improving her jump height minorly, and granting invulnerability for the duration. She is, however, incapable of damaging enemies directly. She will still be able to use abilities. (Possibly draw aggro, too, to make it a viable means of drawing attention from allies?)

Second:

Seduce (Costs 50~75 Energy): Kitsune creates an aura around her within 5/8/11/15 meters, and any enemy affected will be less likely to attack her (there's still a chance they will), and last 5/10/15/20 seconds. Anyone that does attack her within this time period (affected by the aura or not) will in turn be very likely to be attacked by those affected.

Third: 

Will-o-Wisp (Costs 75 energy): (This ability is based heavily upon Evar's frame, Vixen's ultimate) Kitsune sends out 9 balls of flame that seek out enemies and leech life from them. They do 75/100/125/150 damage for 4 seconds once they "attach" to an enemy, and 3% of the damage is returned as health to Kitsune and her allies. (Equates to a health gain of 162, at max rank. 150 x 4 = 600, 600 x 9 = 5400, 5400 x 3% = 162.)

Fourth: 

Cursing Presence (100 Energy/Possibly channeling): Kitsune creates an aura around her for 5/9/11/15 seconds in a 3/5/7/9 meter radius, stripping specific stats off of enemies depending on the faction type, and applying bonuses to nearby allies. For Grineer, she'll strip off the armor values of every nearby Grineer, and the highest value will be added to allies/herself within the aura. For Corpus, strips them of shields and adds the highest shield value, similar to the Grineer effect. For Infested, it strips their health values down by a percentage, and adds a health regenerating aura. In terms of mixed factions (invasion/Void), she will either take the values of the enemy, or [undetermined for void]

Anyway, that's Kitsune (Kira, Ragana, etc) in a nutshell, and I do thank Evar for partially inspiring this. Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated, even if I don't entirely agree... discussion is discussion, after all.

Edited by (PS4)rowansprite

I really like the seduce ability as it seems like a creative alternative to Chaos. It's also interesting that she potentially has an ability to both draw and deflect aggro.

I also have a suggestion for a different Will-o-Wisp. Instead of seeking enemies, the flames could lure enemies away and restore health and energy until destroyed. Enemies distracted by the wisps will attack them until they are destroyed.

Thank you. I was generally going for abilities to be used in conjunction with one another, so that was the general idea of that. As for the Will-o-Wisp suggestion... that does make sense, considering that's the general myth about them, that they lure. But I wouldn't think it'd be a good idea for them to restore energy if they're going to be leeching health at the same time, mainly because it would be blatantly OP for her to be that spammy. If it restored a minute amount of energy, however, then it could work.

I kinda like the ability of faction-sensitive debuffs, but I wonder if they would really be possible with the way the game is currently coded.

It could be possibly- in fact, you could make it in such a way that it applied all the debuffs upon activating the ability, but since most factions only have their specific advantage, that particular debuff would affect them. For example,  if it did the armor/shield one at the same time, then if you were going against Grineer, it would only apply the armor debuff/buff, as they have no shields.

It could be possibly- in fact, you could make it in such a way that it applied all the debuffs upon activating the ability, but since most factions only have their specific advantage, that particular debuff would affect them. For example,  if it did the armor/shield one at the same time, then if you were going against Grineer, it would only apply the armor debuff/buff, as they have no shields.

I guess that makes sense, armor debuff doesn't mean much against enemies that don't have armor, but then what about the health debuff? Last I checked the Infested aren't the only enemies to have health...

Then again, I don't see why I'm complaining about a power that reduces enemy health regardless of context.

I guess that makes sense, armor debuff doesn't mean much against enemies that don't have armor, but then what about the health debuff? Last I checked the Infested aren't the only enemies to have health...

Then again, I don't see why I'm complaining about a power that reduces enemy health regardless of context.

In the case of a health debuff, it could be a small percentage. In that way, it minorly affects those with little health, but causes a comparitively large effect against high-health enemies/large groups of enemies.

• 2 months later...