Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Dies

Not_Oliver

So I take it Loyal Companion is a required mod now?

Honestly, you should have it equipped anyways. Every kubrow has enough room for:

-Their two special abilities

-Bite

-Maul

-Every Link mod (health, shields, armor)

-Fast Deflection

-Pack Leader

-Loyal Companion

The only mod you won't be able to fit on is Scavenge, but it's basically just a kubrow version of Master Thief, from what I understand. Not worth using.

What they did is not very smart in the slightest, they made it so loyal companion is a MUST HAVE mod where you essentially have no ability to revive your kubrow without it. Since the bleedout time has remained 2 seconds after the hotfix it can only mean that this was intended god knows why. You shouldn't require a mod to have a basic feature.

What they did is not very smart in the slightest, they made it so loyal companion is a MUST HAVE mod where you essentially have no ability to revive your kubrow without it. Since the bleedout time has remained 2 seconds after the hotfix it can only mean that this was intended god knows why. You shouldn't require a mod to have a basic feature.

It's not really a "must-have" when the only potential competition, Scavenge, is a garbage mod.

More like a no-brainer.

Honestly, you should have it equipped anyways. Every kubrow has enough room for:

-Their two special abilities

-Bite

-Maul

-Every Link mod (health, shields, armor)

-Fast Deflection

-Pack Leader

-Loyal Companion

The only mod you won't be able to fit on is Scavenge, but it's basically just a kubrow version of Master Thief, from what I understand. Not worth using.

Awesome, so that's the standard setup for Kubrows now?  I'm assuming 4-5 forma needed for something like this, yeah?

Awesome, so that's the standard setup for Kubrows now?  I'm assuming 4-5 forma needed for something like this, yeah?

To get them all maxed? Yes, you'll need to forma. I think my kubrow is currently level 23 with no formas, though, and I have all of them equipped with varying mod ranks.

Fairly certain every kubrow also has a polarity to start with. My Sunika started with a V polarity, for example.

Edited by Vargras

It's not really a "must-have" when the only potential competition, Scavenge, is a garbage mod.

More like a no-brainer.

Please explain to me how the only way to revive your kubrow isn't a must have mod? It doesn't matter when you decide to put it on your kubrow you just have to have it if you want any chance of reviving it.

Please explain to me how the only way to revive your kubrow isn't a must have mod? It doesn't matter when you decide to put it on your kubrow you just have to have it if you want any chance of reviving it.

Given how few kubrow mods actually exist right now, it's not like you have to pick the absolute best ones out of a sea of mods. As I've already explained, you can put on your two special abilities, and every common mod except Scavenge. There's nothing else to even pick from.

You equip it because there's nothing else better to put on as of right now.

Given how few kubrow mods actually exist right now, it's not like you have to pick the absolute best ones out of a sea of mods. As I've already explained, you can put on your two special abilities, and every common mod except Scavenge. There's nothing else to even pick from.

You equip it because there's nothing else better to put on as of right now.

That is not the point you are saying it isn't a must have because there is no other mod to replace it, even if there was a bigger selection of mods if this bleedout timer is kept as it is it will still be a must-have mod.

To add to Vargras, the logic might be they don't want your pet dying in the first place.  Bleedout's there for the less sturdy Kubrows, but for the tanks and tougher ones you could use the slot for something else.  Maybe if/when they give us more mods it'll become less useful because the point is to keep them from getting into a bleedout state to begin with.

To add to Vargras, the logic might be they don't want your pet dying in the first place.  Bleedout's there for the less sturdy Kubrows, but for the tanks and tougher ones you could use the slot for something else.  Maybe if/when they give us more mods it'll become less useful because the point is to keep them from getting into a bleedout state to begin with.

Pretty much. With Link mods (even lower ranked ones, like 3 or 4), as well as Pack Leader, it's pretty hard for your kubrow to ever get downed. Everyone keeps complaining about the loyalty system, but I've always kept my eye on my dog, kept his mods ranked up, and he has yet to ever die at all. Loyalty is still at 100%.

Probably no more then 3. My Huras already comes with a V which brings my fully ranked bite down to a mere 8. Theres a slight possibility you could need 4 however.

Probably no more then 3. My Huras already comes with a V which brings my fully ranked bite down to a mere 8. Theres a slight possibility you could need 4 however.

If I had to guess, you might need some - slots for some of the Link mods, and perhaps a V for Bite or Maul, but that's it. The rest are fairly cheap on power cost.