Goals To Aim For As A New Player?

Glasglow

Question

I've started playing Warframe 2 days ago, and currently i am level 26 or something, with maxed out Bow and almost maxed out Kunai's but what interests me is, what are the goals that you should aim for as a new player in warframe?

For example, what would be a good thing to spend your money on at first, the pet, a sentinel or something, maybe new weapons?

If weapons, what would be a few good weapons to replace the starting bow/kunai with as you progress further into the game? Currently my bow and kunai seem a bit weak, even tho they have pretty okayish mods and are capped out, for a lv26 , any tips?

Basically what i am asking is, What are the most sensible investments a new player should make?

Edited by Glasglow

12 answers to this question

Weapon and warframe slots, orokin reactor, orokin catalyst and thats really it that you need to spend plat on. Then for the rest of the time you just farm for mods and level up different weapons while finding the ones you like along the way. Same with the frames.

Your primary goal right now is to level up to rank 2, this will allow you to trade for mods/parts.

Id suggest you to join a good clan. My clanmates very nice when I first joined, gave me good mods/prime parts etc for free. Now Im helping new clan members.

Some may hang me of this but I will say it any way. This is my suggested list of things to do.

1: do every thing in your power to make mastery rank 2. It will allow you to trade and thus get items you can not farm quickly.

2: find a frame you truly want, I know this can be hard, but do some research and get some good info.

3: look for the so called "required" mods. And begin to upgrade them as often as you can.

4: find a weapon you can use and like, this is. Crucial to your long term enjoyment.

5: if you choose to not buy more platinum use your beginning platinum for potatoes. ( reactors and catalysts )

Some suggestions on frames and weapons and mods are to follow. (Disclaimer, I do not remember if the following items are XP locked) this is also just my suggestions every one has different opinions and that's cool too.

Primary weapons. Boltor prime, Paris prime, Dread, Boar prime, Phague.

Secondary weapons. Brakk, Despair, Akmaginus.

Melee weapons. Nikana, Dual Ichors, Dual Zoren, Bo, Orthos.

War frames, Mag, Valkyr, Rhino, Nova.

Required mods, Redirection, Vitality, Serratation, Split chamber, Barrell diffusion, Horrnet strike.

That's all I can think of I am at work and on my tablet. Hope it helps a little.

Some may hang me of this but I will say it any way. This is my suggested list of things to do.

1: do every thing in your power to make mastery rank 2. It will allow you to trade and thus get items you can not farm quickly.

2: find a frame you truly want, I know this can be hard, but do some research and get some good info.

3: look for the so called "required" mods. And begin to upgrade them as often as you can.

4: find a weapon you can use and like, this is. Crucial to your long term enjoyment.

5: if you choose to not buy more platinum use your beginning platinum for potatoes. ( reactors and catalysts )

Some suggestions on frames and weapons and mods are to follow. (Disclaimer, I do not remember if the following items are XP locked) this is also just my suggestions every one has different opinions and that's cool too.

Primary weapons. Boltor prime, Paris prime, Dread, Boar prime, Phague.

Secondary weapons. Brakk, Despair, Akmaginus.

Melee weapons. Nikana, Dual Ichors, Dual Zoren, Bo, Orthos.

War frames, Mag, Valkyr, Rhino, Nova.

Required mods, Redirection, Vitality, Serratation, Split chamber, Barrell diffusion, Horrnet strike.

That's all I can think of I am at work and on my tablet. Hope it helps a little.

That was actually great advice, thanks.

Not so sure about half the weapons, but the mods for sure.

Farm for Rhino (Venus Boss), buy Boltor Prime (from Trading Tab) Because it only requires Mastery Rank 2, and is in the top 3 best Primaries. Keep default plat to buy slots when needed

Set for a long time

corrected

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

When I started off, slots were not necessary. Thats more Mid-game to End-game 

Well that's why I wrote to "keep" them. Sentinels are totally not worth buying for plat. They are very easy to get, all you need to do is join clan, ask higher level guys for a taxi to Sechura, play several games until you get credits and 2 of the required mods, this would also level you up. Next he would need to farm for Circuits and Control Modules(t1 void)

I would suggest working towards the Akbolto, gaining mastery from the steps along the way. Its the first weapon accessible (low mastery, no grindwall) that's worthy of many forma and permissible to bring to endgame content.

Well, what i did so far is:

1. Got to 30

2. Crafted sentinel and dual ether swords

3. Bought frame slots with my initial plats

4. Bought more slots with earned plats for my inventory

5. Started crafting mirage and nekros at the same time.

6. Made Akbolto

7. Got Dread for primary

8. Working on Boltor Prime and earning myself better mods

Is all o/

Oh yeah and i also have a cute pup incubated, that turned fat ._.