Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Suggestion To Slightly Level The Playing Against Grineer Vs. Corpus/players

Renegade343

Hello all,

This thread will detail a small suggestion about making the fight of Grineer vs. Corpus and Grineer vs. Players a bit more level. The content is below: 

Grineer troops with guns almost always have hit-scan bullets. Now, that can cause some slight problems with players trying to evade the hit-scan bullets from the other side of the room and still get hit with half a clip of a Grineer Grakata, or for the Corpus troops, sometimes dying before reaching halfway across the room itself. Thus, my suggestion to make it fairer is this: 

Make all hit-scan bullets non hit-scan, but with a significantly fast projectile speed (say 300 m/s - 350 m/s), as Grineer weaponry tend to be fast firing, fast speed but low damage. That way, players can evade the bullets if they are fast or agile enough, and the Corpus can also sometimes dodge the bullets and close the gap between the Grineer vs. Corpus battles. Of course, this also extends to players as well, meaning all player hit-scan weaponry will now have a projectile speed. That way, with the upcoming PvP, at least players will have a slightly fairer ground to fight on, while in PvE, enemies can evade a bit more successfully. 

Please note that this is a rough idea, and can be subject to change. 

Please take the time to read this suggestion, and give constructive feedback and criticism. 

Renegade343

To see my other threads, please go to my profile.

you know i've never run into an issue like that before. generally the only problem mobs i have to deal with are usually high level napalms yes they have hitscan weapons, but their accuracy certainly isn't pinpoint and corpus shotgun mobs have hitscan weapons as well, not to mention that the continuous lasers from the moas actually pass through various forms of shields like  zephyr's turbulence and in some cases frost's snowglobe. each of them has their strong points, but they could both use a little more variety.  on a side note, might have a look at the clan labs and see which of the 2 seems to have been more than just  a wee bit lacking lately by comparison.

Interesting. Would definitely like to see where this goes. But right off the bat the main problem I can see is performance. Multiple projectiles on-screen, even moving at high velocities, can be a problem for some rigs.

The Corpus projectiles do that as well. All we need to do is make a thin, bright line (just like actual firefights every now and then with bright bullets streaking across the room). 

you know i've never run into an issue like that before. generally the only problem mobs i have to deal with are usually high level napalms yes they have hitscan weapons, but their accuracy certainly isn't pinpoint and corpus shotgun mobs have hitscan weapons as well, not to mention that the continuous lasers from the moas actually pass through various forms of shields like  zephyr's turbulence and in some cases frost's snowglobe. each of them has their strong points, but they could both use a little more variety.  on a side note, might have a look at the clan labs and see which of the 2 seems to have been more than just  a wee bit lacking lately by comparison.

Corpus shotgun enemies? You mean the Detron Crewmen?

They have projectile weapons. Not hit-scan (also fighting at close quarters will result in pseudo-hitscan for any gun anyways). 

And from my time of playing, all non hit-scan projectiles will be deflected by Zephyr's Turbulence.