Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember And Blaze Comment From The Livestream...

Zeruel104

Watching the livestream the other day they brought up the gender swap topic again briefly. While no difinitive answer has been given an interesting comment was made that leads me to believe that the devs are working towards a comprimise. from the comment (made around this time on the livestream http://youtu.be/_Oq6_AX341s?t=55m55s ) Steve stated something that leads me to believe that they are leaning towards making alternate counterparts to existing warframes, the example giving would be ember's male counterpart would be a frame called Blaze. this sounds to me like a good comprimise depending on the what differences they implement between the two frames.

for example, if Blaze is a more tanky version of ember with less ability damage, I would be a bit upset. but lets say that ember focuses more on ranged abilities and perhaps blaze could more focus on AOE or DOT abilities I think that would be a decent trade off.

Thoughts?

Well, I guess their problem with enabling gender swapping as a general option would be that they'd have to make 2 separate versions of every frame existing now, and going forward as well. And since the modelling of frames is probably the most cost-intensive part of creating new ones, that would be almost doubling the cost with no additional charge to make up for it; that would certainly be a bad business decision.

If selling skins is what they are up to, that would at least alleviate the pricing point, they could charge for the frame *and* for the skin, and they would only have to do it for frames that are in high demand anyway. That's what I would do at least, wel'll see.

edit: also, for the record, I'm not sure I would like male/female versions having inherently different stats. One of them is always going to be just a bit better for what you want to use it for, and personally, I don't like chosing between aesthetics and efficiency, I just never feel right no matter what I do...

Edited by Korevas

Personnally I don't find this a good idea, it removes the "uniqueness" of each frames :/ just my opinion

I've never really felt any 'uniqueness' with them, especially when there are three excals on a team. to me its just a suit, what makes it unique is the coloring and weapons I use with it.

My guess is that it would simply be a new warframe based around fire with a different skill set/stats. I think that this would be a good way to create content without alienating people. However--They also talked about offering other powers for warframes to equip and I think that (different mods that change gameplay rather than a whole new warframe) would be much more interesting than making a new frame. I'd rather see them give whatever Blaze's powers would be to Ember to mix and match with than to make two frames with only four powers.

Still, I'm a fan of a pay-for-cosmetic option for the various warframes and personally don't see why that would rattle too many cages. It just sounds like a good source of revenue in my brain for those who like that sort of thing.

If DE does make a male version of Ember, I hope it isn't called Blaze. Blaze was the name of the girl from Streets of Rage, and my favourite character in that game. So I've always associated Blaze as a girl's name. How about naming it Volcano instead?