Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scanner Suggestion

legendarysidekicksteve

So at the moment, I can only find two uses for the Codex Scanner. First, the scanner can be used to fill in your codex to obtain enemy information and gain a critical bonus. Secondly, the scanner can be used in game as a pseudo-x ray scanner, allowing one to see interactive objects (crates, enemies, etc.) distinguished from the environment by highlighting said objects.

Currently, the scanner only discriminates between two types of objects: fully scanned (as in objects that have been scanned the maximum amount required in the codex) and not fully scanned (objects scanned less than the required amount). Fully scanned objects are highlighted green, and not fully scanned ones are highlighted orange. I like to use this color difference to help me find objects of interest, such as Kubrow Dens on Earth. Because I have not scanned Kubrow Dens the required amount of times, they show up as orange on my screen, allowing me to quickly find Kubrow Dens on the map.

However, should I scan the Kubrow Dens the requisite 12 times, I lose the ability to use the scanner this efficiently. The same concept applies for using the codex scanner to search for tumors in Hive Sabotage. 

My suggestion is to add a third type of object for the scanner, an "object of interest" type which the player can select in the codex. The selected objects will be highlighted another color (other than green or orange) to allow for the quick distinction without having to hold back on scans lest it become another object in the sea of green. This way, players can go on to complete the codex without having to sacrifice the search utility the codex offers. 

Please let me know what you think of this idea. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

I like it a bit, but personally, I'd like to customise the default red/green color distinction as well (Colorblind guy here - DE still hasn't gotten around to easing this struggle for us!).

Also...

So at the moment, I can only find two uses for the Codex Scanner. First, the scanner can be used to fill in your codex to obtain enemy information and gain a critical bonus. Secondly, the scanner can be used in game as a pseudo-x ray scanner, allowing one to see interactive objects (crates, enemies, etc.) distinguished from the environment by highlighting said objects.

Is the critical bonus actually real?

Is it chance, damage or something else?

I like it a bit, but personally, I'd like to customise the default red/green color distinction as well (Colorblind guy here - DE still hasn't gotten around to easing this struggle for us!).

Also...

Is the critical bonus actually real?

Is it chance, damage or something else?

I'm not too sure about the critical bonus. I think I just read it somewhere on the wiki/forums.