Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whom To Trust, The Lotus Or The Stalker?

Instance

Oh yea, trusting the guy who wants to murder me for killing Phorid, makes a lot of sense.

Ur a smart guy op.

It is not joining forces with him for killing us but joining forces with him because he is correct. He is for balance whilst we have been unbalancing the tables and making ourselves the main weight of the table. 

in the hidden message quest, lotus is saying that she is picking up memories.

Not that they are lotus' memories.

This is indicated by herself when she states that she may not wish to know what happened further.

So either lotus has lost her memory, which is unlikely.

Another AI helped the tenno back then, or maybe it was just fellow tennos that tried to reassure mirage.

That's my two cents.

I trust Darvo. Where are you, Darvo?

in all seriousness, I think it's best to say we should be playing incognito before we build enough strength to rebel against the Lotus and the lousy rewards she gives us. SHE is the real enemy behind RNG. 

DOWN WITH LOTUS!

Edited by rangeless

Until update 14 we've always just had to take Lotus at her word. The only thing we knew about the past before waking up from cryostasis was what Lotus told us. She could have been lying, manipulating the truth, or telling the truth. We didnt know. With the addition of ordis we get a clue into the past as Ordis recalls there was a war that the tenno fought in but it doesnt know the details. Lotus so far as I know has never had the opportunity to effect Ordis memory so I think we can trust him at least some of what she says.

However this doesnt change the fact that most of what we know about the past, our place in the present, and our future is what Lotus tells us it is. We arent bound to her as unthinking machines but we are in a position where she can easily manipulate us and only feed us the information she wants to. If she turns out to be some kind of Machevellian villain then the tenno will find out eventually and the first path to our redemption will be splatted with her blood

in the hidden message quest, lotus is saying that she is picking up memories.

Not that they are lotus' memories.

This is indicated by herself when she states that she may not wish to know what happened further.

So either lotus has lost her memory, which is unlikely.

Another AI helped the tenno back then, or maybe it was just fellow tennos that tried to reassure mirage.

That's my two cents.

Well if I am going lore based if you consider dark sector as canon like I do, the lotus system has been intact since before orokin era and has guided tenno since then.

But there was a time between the orokin time to now where the owners of the project could have changed since the era of the orokin and modern tenno is a millennium away from each other. Within those times the tenno were asleep which with that time cryosleep has a flaw where people will decay slowly, those decaying patterns gave tenno amnesia of what happened before cryo-sleep. For all we know lotus was a whole different program before. I can almost guarantee that the lotus we know today was not there when we went to sleep. All the tenno know is that we were awoken by the lotus and thought she was a good leader. It is very likely that lotus is a AI under active control from a third party we have yet to meet. All we can do is find a way to trick the AI into showing us the party we have yet to meet but has been pseudo-controlling us.

Edit:Yes I know this sounds like a wild conspiracy because it is. 

Edited by Zarbain

I haven't played U14 yet, but my two cents:

- The Lotus guides us, but she also leaves us choices (such as supporting the Corpus / Grineer).

- Even if she lies / doesn't tell us the full truth, she does seem to care about us.

- She knows what happened to the Orokin (and she might have been involved in that), so she knows that double crossing us would be a bad idea.

well, people forgot that darvo was rescued, before update14, we rescue him, when we needed to defend something and he somehow he forgot to mention that STALKER is coming for him he got bounty on his head, whats wrong with you lotus too, why dont you mentioned that before we went there?

by the way did you remember how did you awakend? becouse i remember getting awaken in some strange white room, where atleast i was save from enemy, and what we see now she already letting our tenno getting captured by vor? or atleast sending other tenno to rescue, now just nothing just get up and kill your enemy with force(exalibur doing slash dash with no sword but still able to cut enemy in half)

OP your post is completely and utterly out of context and I'm pretty sure you know it. (Lotus couldn't save Mirage because she couldn't surge her revive systems, Mirage said Lotus was lying about sending another ship on the way to save her). But I will say this I am interested in hearing more about Stalker's lore.

@ SilentMobius ... with all due respect, as Tenno are we not men and women FREE to choose what we think?

Even the Devs on high and their angel The Lotus cannot extinguish Free Will and Free Thought ...

Every solider - whether fictional or real - has their OWN view of war and their role in it and how it changes them

Billy Pilgrim (Slaughter House Five) could never see war through the eyes of Conan the Barbarian

So while the facts are on your side regarding the Dev's intent, it is up to the reader/gamer to ultimately decide what is to be learned ...

After all, are we not discussing our interpretations as much as the facts here?

I don't have played the Mirage quest yet, but following all the other things we know and do abuot and in Warframe... well, we're not good guys at all. But also not completely bad ones. We're just stupid. 

- We were humans. 

- Orokin took us and transform us into semi-infested mutated monsters. They gave us Warframes to better use our new abilities, weapons and all the other stuffs and forced us to fight for them against Sentients (that isn't known if are humans or another kind of living being). Instead of rise up, we do the job. 

- The Orokin were losing the war. After a great victory of us, we've been celebrated by them as 'their saviours'. Only at this time we decided to revolt. And slaughter them all, under the eyes of low guardians as the Stalker. 

So, till now, we're just traitors. Ok, we've been forced to fight for Orokins probably, but why did we rise up so late? Probably convenience. 

- We fall into cryosleep.

- Lotus is awaking us with all the bla bla bla 'I'm Lotus, you're a Tenno, you must fight to maintain the balance'. She said that our fellows are all what we have and we mast stand unite. 

- We do it so well that we fight each others in Dark Sectors, just to have access to hidden places. 

- We don't only fight each others, we also fight alongside our great enemy, the Grineer, if they pay us well. Do you remember? The ones that want to kill us all. Oh, and we fight alongside Corpus as well, the ones who want to sell and manipulate us. 

I mean. Tenno are not bad, are not good. Are just stupid. 

Lotus purposes are unknown. Maybe she's a good girl, maybe she's not. Certainly, we deserve Stalker's treatment, for being so stupid. 

Why trust the Stalker?  That guy commits divine retribution upon you just for killing the Infested (Phorid).  Now, doing so for killing the others might be understandable, but why be punished for killing the Infested?  That's absurd.  That's like how I could be cursed by God or whatever omniscient divine celestial entity just because I stepped on an insect.

Why trust the Stalker?  That guy commits divine retribution upon you just for killing the Infested (Phorid).  Now, doing so for killing the others might be understandable, but why be punished for killing the Infested?  That's absurd.  That's like how I could be cursed by God or whatever omniscient divine celestial entity just because I stepped on an insect.

He really only does it because he hates us. Whatever excuse he can find to punish us, he'll take.

He really only does it because he hates us. Whatever excuse he can find to punish us, he'll take.

I guess he does hate us, reasonably, because based on what I studied about the lore, we killed the Orokin.  All Tenno are equally guilty in his eyes, so "guilt by association" is an understatement.  What was it he said once?  "You may forget, but you are not innocent," or something to that extent.

Don't know if I ever will, but I look forward to the day when I actually best him next time he shows up.  That'll learn him to stop blackening my screen when I never expect it.

Lotus is repeating the history, she's sending Tenno to slaugher Corpus and Grineer like Sentinents and Orokins.

( One who thinks that orokins didn't choose wise to destroy Tenno are wrong, Lotus was forging rebellion from the very begining)

Stalker is clearly doing justice, i would join him if I could.

Tenno are traitors and assasins just like stalker, who seems to be stronger than any tenno that ever lived ( in lore) imagine how many tennos would it take to kill a " high guardian if one exist".

My opinion: Lotus is developing hatred towards all living but Tenno.