Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloth Attachments

Andaeros

Considering the self-proclaimed theme of ninjas in space, typically ninjas would wear things such as sashes, scarves, or even types of capes in some instances. Being able to add these to a warframe, in my opinion, could be a nice small addition to customizing the appearance of the frame.

They were made to look like travelers, inconspicuous amongst others. The popularized ninja that many know of is a dramatized version from Noh theater, wearing black garb or whatever. Truthfully, a dark blue is better for night-time espionage. They are NOT typically assassins, but individuals seeking to gain information. Some even historically dressed up as women to obtain information on the enemy's strategy.

Edited by Vaskadar

They were made to look like travelers, inconspicuous amongst others. The popularized ninja that many know of is a dramatized version from Noh theater, wearing black garb or whatever. Truthfully, a dark blue is better for night-time espionage. They are NOT typically assassins, but individuals seeking to gain information. Some even historically dressed up as women to obtain information on the enemy's strategy.

+1 for this my dear friend =)

Ninjas dont wear scarfes or capes. Thats a cliche... And since the armor is bio organic cyber stuff, a scarf/cape/clothe would simply look wrong.....

Ninjas also never existed in the form we use in games and media... Nor do our made up Ninjas wear bright armor and use loud weapons or slow weapons.

To say all the made up stuff about a ninja is ok save for the cloths is.. well rather laughable.

I'm surprised at so many replies from people at my suggestion to the devs, haha.

Ninjas also never existed in the form we use in games and media... Nor do our made up Ninjas wear bright armor and use loud weapons or slow weapons.

To say all the made up stuff about a ninja is ok save for the cloths is.. well rather laughable.

I like this point.

Its easy. We wear a bio-organic suit/armor and clothe would simply not fit.... Its a perfect weapon. Made exactly for what it is doing. Not to win a prize for the most cliche ninja.....

Edited by Venarge

Can see it now.....

..Deep in the heart of a Grineer station a Tenno slips silently through an air duct. Calm. Focused. His mission, to wipe out the Grineer in a display of ruthless savagery, sending a message that even the slowest of troopers could not fail to understand.

Voices ahead..A squad of enemy soldiers, blissfully unaware of the fate that stalks them from the shadows. The Tenno readies his weapons. Pistol loaded and cocked, blade loose in the scabbard, he sees the fight unfold in his mind as his concentration slips deeper into fight-time.

Now! Strike!..Surging forward gun lighting his way as he pours a stream of shots into the fan that stands between him and his prey, followed by the scream of tortured metal as the motor gives way and blows out in a shower of sparks. Muscles bunch and explode into action as, blade drawn and leading, this agent of a dark fate leaps gracefully into the fray with his midnight cloak streaming out behind him.

....YOINK!...The cloak gets caught on a piece of twisted metal left by the sudden and explosive demise of the fan..Our poor Tenno is currently left suspended 10 feet off the ground as the bewildered Grineer laugh themselves insensible at the image before them.....

... The sound of multiple shotguns being racked....

Sorry, but it's just the image that springs to mind when I see capes on any type of "ninja", not the most practical of wear at the best of times, steer clear of air ducts, particularly those at altitude :)

Edited by FluffyBunnySlippers

Can see it now.....

..Deep in the heart of a Grineer station a Tenno slips silently through an air duct. Calm. Focused. His mission, to wipe out the Grineer in a display of ruthless savagery, sending a message that even the slowest of troopers could not fail to understand.

Voices ahead..A squad of enemy soldiers, blissfully unaware of the fate that stalks them from the shadows. The Tenno readies his weapons. Pistol loaded and cocked, blade loose in the scabbard, he sees the fight unfold in his mind as his concentration slips deeper into fight-time...

...Now! Strike!..Surging forward gun lighting his way as he pours a stream of shots into the fan that stands between him and his prey, followed by the scream of tortured metal as the motor gives way and blows out in a shower of sparks. Muscles bunch and explode into action as, blade drawn and leading, this agent of a dark fate leaps gracefully into the fray with his midnight cloak streaming out behind him...Suddenly..

....YOINK!...The cloak gets caught on a piece of twisted metal left by the sudden and explosive demise of the fan..Our poor Tenno is currently left suspended 10 feet off the ground as the bewildered Grineer laugh themselves insensible at the image before them.....

... The sound of multiple shotguns being racked....

Sorry, but it's just the image that springs to mind when I see capes on any type of "ninja", not the most practical of wear at the best of times, steer clear of air ducts, particularly those at altitude :)

Thanks man. That story was awesome xD

Its easy. We wear a bio-organic suit/armor and clothe would simply not fit.... Its a perfect weapon. Made exactly for what it is doing. Not to win a price for the most cliche ninja.....

Prize. Not price.

Also, you would think the "perfect" Ninja suits wouldn't be bright colored things using really loud weapons and abilities while also being valnurable to basic elements like Ice, small fires, toxins, etc...

Prize. Not price.

Also, you would think the "perfect" Ninja suits wouldn't be bright colored things using really loud weapons and abilities while also being valnurable to basic elements like Ice, small fires, toxins, etc...

the warframes were designed to kill. Not to look pretty.

But since people suggest clothes and scarfs. Why not add some giant shurikan and let them do some idiot ninja pose to make this game even more cliche than it would be with scarfs and capes? 

You want to make me happy? Give me those bunny ears from Easter. I would have the most adorable volt in all of the solar system.

--------------------------------

Fully support this most excellent of ideas...possibly the most important addition that could be made.

Edited by FluffyBunnySlippers

the warframes were designed to kill. Not to look pretty.

But since people suggest clothes and scarfs. Why not add some giant shurikan and let them do some idiot ninja pose to make this game even more cliche than it would be with scarfs and capes? 

And yet these warframes look pretty and suck at being efficient. They're loud, flashy, easy to see, use  slow skills that are clearly done for flash instead of actual killing power.

Also they are adding stuff like that. Throwing Knives, Shurikens, and a Giant one. Watch the recent Stream.

EDIT: Also I don't think the hanging parts of Frost/Volt or the like are done for anything but looks. Unless you can tell me why every frame isn't literally Excalibur in the fact that they aren't all plain body suits with nothing special on them, your point of "these are only killing machines" is completely void.

Edited by WhiteCopain

And yet these warframes look pretty and suck at being efficient. They're loud, flashy, easy to see, use  slow skills that are clearly done for flash instead of actual killing power.

Also they are adding stuff like that. Throwing Knives, Shurikens, and a Giant one. Watch the recent Stream.

EDIT: Also I don't think the hanging parts of Frost/Volt or the like are done for anything but looks. Unless you can tell me why every frame isn't literally Excalibur in the fact that they aren't all plain body suits with nothing special on them, your point of "these are only killing machines" is completely void.

They display different personalities. Thats why they look different. Oh and thanks for reminding me on the throwable knifes. I almost forgot that this weapon began on my throwable sidearm weapon thread.....

And no, they dont add a giant shurikan. They add the glaive. Not a shurikan.....

Edited by Venarge

Can I just say: Volt.Has everyone forgotten that he pretty much wears a skirt?You can't exactly say it's not clothing, because it moves and sways.

And you say they didn't add a shuriken? Have you looked at Ash's first ability?

Edited by GraalOhOtonami