Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Red Damage Numbers?

Goldmaster

Question

Using Ash, sometimes when I do a melee charge during smokescreen, red numbers appear. The enemy seems to die real quick with this though, so it's a good thing :D 

(faded out because it's somewhat random and I have to reach over to screenshot)

http://i.imgur.com/YlWkcGi.jpg

(doesnt seem to let me put it in the image code)

Edited by Goldmaster

15 answers to this question

From what I read, they are "super" crits dealing more damage then a regular crit. (normal crits are yellow and are normally 150% damage).

edit:

To Noliander.
It is not. As I play Ash, I use the invisiblity to get 100% crit chance all the time and I really rarely ever see red numbers.

Edited by VieuxPappy

Oh, several things. Been leveling random melee weapons for mastery XP. In the photo above its done with a rank 25/26 Plasma Sword on maxed charge damage, level 3/5 armor pierce and only +15% critical damage. I remember doing a lot more with Dual Heat Swords a while back (obviously).

Edited by Goldmaster

next time i go to eris ill see if i can get one of my freak crits with the plas sword, ive seen 14k there on a yellow, meaning if red is a double crit getting that on one of those hits would be $&*&*#(%& lol,  

back on topic though it would make sense if red crits were double crits since the numbers almost always seem higher than the standard crit damage though ive only gotten a few and that was with dual zorens so the numbers werent the highest

when you are invisible your regular attacks become criticals (white->yellow) and your criticals become supercriticals (yellow->red) so you deal a lot more damage. You can get red criticals without a skill and it's very rare, but how rare depends on your critical chance. Also use the search function, there was a thread that was exactly the same like last week.

You can get red numbers against an enemy facing you and aware of you if you have a high enough crit rate. Not 100% sure how high, I've heard more than a few people say over 100% but I'm not positive on that... I do know I get them on my Zorans from time to time when I have a maxed out +crit mod in it.

Also note, the highest I've seen is around 8k from a red crit off a scindo.

From what I read, they are "super" crits dealing more damage then a regular crit. (normal crits are yellow and are normally 150% damage).

edit:

To Noliander.

It is not. As I play Ash, I use the invisiblity to get 100% crit chance all the time and I really rarely ever see red numbers.

super crit? what thats a normal crit damage? i think its just fadeing yellow

First of all, +crit% mods don't even work that way.

It's multiplicitive.

So DZ's have a default crit rate of 20% I believe.

If you have 30% crit chance mod, it's 20 * 1.3, not 20+30.

If you're talking about the 100% chance to crit from invis/smokebomb, maybe that'd be the reason for getting the reds, like a multishot when you have over 100%.

That could be feasible, I suppose, but at least get your mechanics straight before you tell everyone wrong info.

As for me, I only consistently get red numbers when I stealth attack.

I don't do them often, but that's the only way I've seen them.

Edited by NotSoCommonSense