Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva And Aegis: Shield Doesn't Function Like A Shield

ManiacalProdigy

So you get the Silva and Aegis weapon. You notice it doesn't deal ideal damage and you are okay with it. It's a sword and SHIELD after all. Blocking should be a priority. Haha nope. It's blocks just as well as other weapons and takes stamina. Now it could be better if it took less stamina or could bounce back shots(with a range of course). But no, the shield is impractical.

exactly.

it should not consume stamina at all, and when blocking it should reflect all damage. similiar to reflection, but without equipping my warframe with a mod meant for a melee weapon.

yea but its only a game you cant expect everything to make sense. And if its so powerful then where is the fun in using it?

We got an autoblock and a reflect damage mod for warframes so having the weapon do the same seems stupid, lower stamina cost for blocking might be ok but its not that bad if you use it with a stance and use its combos. The shield part can knockback and does impact damage instead of fire.

exactly.

it should not consume stamina at all, and when blocking it should reflect all damage. similiar to reflection, but without equipping my warframe with a mod meant for a melee weapon.

No stamina cost at all would be to OP, a low stamina cost would be better

We got an autoblock and a reflect damage mod for warframes so having the weapon do the same seems stupid, lower stamina cost for blocking might be ok but its not that bad if you use it with a stance and use its combos. The shield part can knockback and does impact damage instead of fire.

Well we have a mod that gives heat damage so the heat sword is useless.

It should be usable with one-handed secondaries like a riot shield.

Holding right click with a 1H pistol equipped should hold the shield in front of you and treat the shield as part of the environment-- so you basically use it as a lump of portable cover. (As opposed to using the blocking mechanics, which would lead to godmode if you corner yourself and hold a pistol.)

No stamina cost at all would be to OP, a low stamina cost would be better

Exactly, it is a shield.  I say blocking should cost ALOT less [not nothing mind you] then a regular weapon. 

I'd also like to add that maybe have the shield 'charge up damage' when blocking... to encourage using the shield more and then have the damage BOOSTED.

Not being able to kill anything? Anything more than 1-2 hits is bad to you? Let me guess your loadout

Nova/Rhino

Soma/Penta

Acrid

Zorencopter

Wow you bath in your own ignorance. You just listed all the weapons/frames i hate in the game. You realise that the Aegis and silva are barelly above the skana right? I just said that not being able to kill something is not fun either. Don't make assumptions out of youyour magic hat. Edited by Alphafox

Wait because not being able to kill anything is fun? Ok..

A game can still make sense you know?

well what you've said doesn't make sense. How is that not being able to kill anything?. as long as the weapon can deal damage, you can kill almost everything as long as you dont die first. My silva and aegis deals well above 380 damage per swing, and you are complaining about the damage o.O?

Edited by Wustinhurf

I could really care less about the blocking thing. Blocks don't interrupt animations, so therefore they are useless in terms of stopping a knockdown during combat. 

What the Silva and Aegis has is a lot of utility in its combos.

To start the easiest one (hold block) has a shield bash that provides a rather nice stun, which then combos into a multi-hit shield thrown.

Its other two combos include a dash, which means that when you learn how to use them you can get a bunch of mobility in combat.

Its ground slam attack also creates a fire plume, proccing fire on most nearby enemies, causing them to do the wiggle dance for a few seconds, giving yo a bit more CC

And to top it all off it isn't a terrible copter weapon either.

I like it and have absolutely no problem with it.

well what you've said doesn't make sense. How is that not being able to kill anything. as long as the weapon can deal damage, you can kill almost everything as long as you dont die first.

Let me rephrase myself for your comprehension. Killing something in a reasonable speed is fun? Not in my book.

Edited by Alphafox