Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any General Tips For Modding Non Orokined Weapons/warframes For Endgame?

Jeffrywinkles

Question

so i previously posted this on the warframe subreddit during the forum maintenance and decided to ask here as well,

the reason for no orokin is because its much easier to not even give a second thought when modding when you have 60 mod point's as opposed of having a 30 limit, and i feel more people will benefit from tips for modding non orokined weapons/warframes.

and personally i like to know how well a weapon/warframe can properly function at end game before going that extra mile by buying an orokin.

so my main issue atm is im completely lost as to what is worth max ranking and whats not. like for instanced my boltor has only 4 mods(maxed multi shot,maxed fire rate, unranked freeze mod on the D polarity and an unranked increased ammo)

multi shot took 15 mod capacity on its own so i was very limited with options and im just wondering if there is a more optimal way of modding?

such as ranking up certain mods to a certain rank? any help would be much appreciated.

7 answers to this question

generally for endgame you need to stack as much damage as possible multishot on rifles is sadly worth less than a leveled serration since the chance ends up lower then the flat damage bonus, then ap damage, then freeze unleveled for the slow to give breathing room, mind you the furthest i went without catalysts was eris but i was still twoshotting ancients with my strun there, any points after flat damage ap and freeze go for utility mods like reload and rof or elements that are highly effective against what you are fighting ie fire for infestation shock for corpus, i cant give an exact level breakdown of the mods off the top of my head but gimme a lil and ill put one together for you

-edited in one below-

14 for serration + 110% flat damage

8 for piercing hit + 50% ap damage   (most bang for your buck on the elementals can level more if you dont want 6 spare points)

2 for deep freeze + 10% freeze damage  (attuned since you mentioned boltor as your weapon)

6 for utilities might be more efficient to put a leveled reload speed for the remaining six just to lower downtime though

Edited by yakutstk

this is radically different from what ive been told via global chat ingame/warframe sub reddit, like every kept telling me how multi shot is a must, the thing is whether it be max multi shot and or max raw dmg thats like 14-15  mod capacity, which like gives little to no breathing room modding wise,

Edited by Jeffrywinkles

Multishot is trash on rifles. The only reason to slot it is if you have mod energy to spare.(In otherwords it's catalysed) Multishot is overrated in general for most weapons since their standard damage mod should always come first as it applies to every hit. The only possible exception is shotguns since their damage mod tops out at 90% but getting to the point.

With rifle's you generally want consistent damage over potential damage.

To put this into persective the multishot you're using is 60% chance to hit twice for 15 points....Or you could have

50% increased damage for 8 points and 40% armor pen damage for 7 points. which will be more damage for the same amount of points and on every shot instead of by chance and because your damage increased through serration the elemental mods will do more damage as well. Not having a V polarity means that serration is going to eat most of your mod energy but it's worth it.

You'll also want to up deep freeze eventually, since 10% is only going to add 1 or 2 damage to most enemies. sure you'll still get the slow but you could go up to 30% for only one more mod energy than you're currently using.(personally I'd push it to 50% and leave it there since for 4 mod energy that's a nice damage increase) Heavy grineer seem to be more vulnerable to frost than the standard enemies as well.

50% freeze, 50% damage and 40% armor pen costs you 19 points. leaving 11 to either increase damage further or slot utility mods like firerate/reload speed.

generally for endgame you need to stack as much damage as possible multishot on rifles is sadly worth less than a leveled serration since the chance ends up lower then the flat damage bonus, then ap damage, then freeze unleveled for the slow to give breathing room, mind you the furthest i went without catalysts was eris but i was still twoshotting ancients with my strun there, any points after flat damage ap and freeze go for utility mods like reload and rof or elements that are highly effective against what you are fighting ie fire for infestation shock for corpus, i cant give an exact level breakdown of the mods off the top of my head but gimme a lil and ill put one together for you

-edited in one below-

14 for serration + 110% flat damage

8 for piercing hit + 50% ap damage   (most bang for your buck on the elementals can level more if you dont want 6 spare points)

2 for deep freeze + 10% freeze damage  (attuned since you mentioned boltor as your weapon)

6 for utilities might be more efficient to put a leveled reload speed for the remaining six just to lower downtime though

This, but instead of extra utility, +fire or +elec damage with the last 6 points, for the stun based on your targets.

For Infested, +10% fire will stagger/stun humanoids.

For Corpus, +10% elec will stun/stagger prettymuch everything.

For Grineer, utility, such as reload speed, mag size, or fire rate depending on the gun.

Although... if you're going to be switching out mods anyways?? Ideally:

14 Serration for everything, 16 points remaining

Infested: (11) 60% Fire, (5) 60% cold

Corpus: (11) 60% Elec, (5) 60% cold

Grineer: (9) 60% AP, (5) 60% cold, (2) 5% reload

Because your weapon is the Boltor, you ignore armor anyways, and only Grineer recieve bonus damage from ap damage. Infested Ancients recieve only 100% ap damage, so the same as your normal damage, and take 200% fire damage (on bootshots, headshots they take more ap damage but take less of everything else, and ap damage is almost useless against other infested).

Cold damage is underrated. It does 2x as much dmg to shields (helps with all Bosses, Grineer heavies, Corpus machines). It also slows (helps with running targets / avoiding melee, and hitting critical points) and slows enemy attacks (helps avoid/dodge ancients). It generally does only about 50% damage to flesh, but nothing is immune to it, and since the Boltor has a polarity slot for cold damage the point/damage output is about the same as AP damage.

OR If you're low on cash (getting from rank 4 to 5 is painful), this is just about as good.

Infested: (10) 50% Fire, (4) 50% cold, (2) 5% reload

Corpus: (10) 50% Elec, (4) 50% cold, (2) 5% reload

Grineer: (9) 60% AP, (5) 60% cold, (2) 10% RoF

Actually I just realized Speed Trigger is pretty damned important. Its better than Serration if you arent semi-autoing headshots. For a weapon like Boltor, where you dont care about weakspots as much, RoF is much better than straight +dmg.

Of course feasibly you're never going to get to 110% Serration. It would take forever. I'd rather use a 50% Serration and a 50% Speed Trigger, losing Fast Hands for a total of 125% increased DPS (as opposed to 110% from serration, not on top of it) for the same cost in mod points. It'd use more ammo during the mission, but cost 1920 same polarity mods less, and save you 1 million, 920 thousand credits.

Edited by Darzk