Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No headshot corpus.

leonguide93

Looks like having an AP damage mod allows to deal headshots through corpus' helmets. Can anyone confirm this?

At least, i get '450 HP' damage notifications coming out of bullets that landed on corpus' heads when i use a Gorgon 30 with AP mod installed.

The headshots DO count, but I'm not sure if the damage applies. I can tell this because I recently had a headshot challange in a Coprus ship and I completed it succesfully by shooting the troops... I didn't notice any headshot/crit multiplier though.

Edited by InTheZone

Headshot challenge in corpus missions can be done by shooting Moas in their turrets, which counts as a head and thus gives a headshot.

I'm asking about regular humanoid corpus crewmembers wearing a Pyramidehead helmets. Regular weapons can't penetrate those helmets resulting in ricocheting effects and dealing zero damage. Maybe this is just my imagination, but it looks like AP mod allows bullets to penetrate helmets and deal very high amount of damage.

Not totally sure of it, because my Gorgon is also equipped with two +50% ROF mods, and amount of damage numbers floating over enemies is insane.

Headshot challenge in corpus missions can be done by shooting Moas in their turrets, which counts as a head and thus gives a headshot.

I'm asking about regular humanoid corpus crewmembers wearing a Pyramidehead helmets. Regular weapons can't penetrate those helmets resulting in ricocheting effects and dealing zero damage. Maybe this is just my imagination, but it looks like AP mod allows bullets to penetrate helmets and deal very high amount of damage.

Not totally sure of it, because my Gorgon is also equipped with two +50% ROF mods, and amount of damage numbers floating over enemies is insane.

I was talking about the Crewmembers aswell. I'm 100% sure. The crit damage because of a headshot doesn't apply though, not sure if it's because of the high armor, didn't have armor piercing om my weapon.

Here is a screenshot of a corpus Crewman shot in the head with Snipetron fitted with a +2% AP damage mod. The recoil displaced a target reticle a little bit off target. Yes, AP rounds do penetrate corpus Crewmans helmets and succesfully deliver a headshot.

mdYmZ.jpg

Yup, they make those helmets out of some seriously tough stuff. Puncture or AP are the way to go if you want to actually deal damage with headshots, but the reduction is so high (my 3m-puncture AR and innate-AP Lex do about 25-33% of their normal damage on head hits) that you really should just shoot them in the body and aim for center-mass... though I tend to keep hitting them in the groin. :x

My guess as to why they're the 'opposite' of the Grineer is to keep people on their toes/ensure the game isn't just a head-shooting gallery.

Edited by Arcalane