Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You De For Lephantis Buff

fatpig84

Yes the mission was challenging. I died once trying to revive people and had to burn a revive.

But since we are all here for the 11th Storm, it would be unkind if I just left them to die while I solo the whole thing.

Oh and stomp no longer affects him for long, at most 4 seconds, so I normally use it when someone is down and to get a breather while I revive.

Yes he was a level 80.

cphCj20.jpg

A few moments before his demise.

mCL9tjm.jpg

And our well earned reward.

tOZexyw.jpg

Edited by fatpig84

I just did this earlier tonight too, but with a 2 man squad. I was surprised to see a level 70+ lephantis pop out. It took a bit, and lots of ammo, but we pulled it off. I kind of liked a fight that didn't end in 30 seconds though, it was a nice change of pace imo.

And yeah, for those who don't know, 11th storm can drop from each individual head during phase one of the fight, so there are maybe 4 chances a run of it dropping.

EDIT: Looks like you were packing a Rhino huh? I though it'd be simpler, so I took my Vauban (no shield or health mods, I put everything towards optimizing powers) with 225 shields. I would get one shot downed by the gas clouds and other projectiles. Fun thing is that Tesla will target the weak points too, so I just flooded the floor with them and ran around in circles.

Edited by r110platinum

I just did this earlier tonight too, but with a 2 man squad. I was surprised to see a level 70+ lephantis pop out. It took a bit, and lots of ammo, but we pulled it off. I kind of liked a fight that didn't end in 30 seconds though, it was a nice change of pace imo.

And yeah, for those who don't know, 11th storm can drop from each individual head during phase one of the fight, so there are maybe 4 chances a run of it dropping.

EDIT: Looks like you were packing a Rhino huh? I though it'd be simpler, so I took my Vauban (no shield or health mods, I put everything towards optimizing powers) with 225 shields. I would get one shot downed by the gas clouds and other projectiles. Fun thing is that Tesla will target the weak points too, so I just flooded the floor with them and ran around in circles.

Yeap, this strongly favours accurate and high ammo efficiency weapons.

After I am done with the first head on the surface, I just discard my soma for my marelok.

And my marelok still one shots the level 60 infested goons as well.

Weapons of the day will be bows, latron prime / sybaris / marelok etc.

So anyone is thinking for doing Lephantis soon, please get one of those, otherwise you will be wasting tons of ammo, like my boltor toting friends found out.

Edit: I chose Rhino for the roar buff since I kinda knew he would be damage spongy and stomp. But in the end, I never really used Roar much since people went down too fast to make any more damage gain, saving energy for IS and stomp during revives.

Edited by fatpig84

I wanted the stance the other day so I did the mission solo, for some reason he was level 1, other mobs during the mission were higher level, I killed him with one shot of boltor prime per head.

Yeah they fixed it. Get ready for a rumble in da jungle.

Yeah they fixed it. Get ready for a rumble in da jungle.

I tried again and it seems that he gets much tougher as more and more guys join.

So if you are intending to farm Nekros, keep the party no bigger than 2, 1 if you think you can solo him.

The difference in 20 levels greatly shows in your damage.

Well it's all good n dandy now, but what if RNG hates you and you still missing the stuff you want from it. Farming him would be a pain in the arse. 2 to 5 times fighting him would be a challenge, beyond that would be annoying.

He is easily killed with Corrosive projection if you are in team.

I am considering switching ALL my warframes polarities to - now.

He is easily killed with Corrosive projection if you are in team.

I am considering switching ALL my warframes polarities to - now.

Yes I've read the posts, getting the others to agree on auras is another thing players like me (pub player) don't like, to much hassle. But does not matter to me I have the stance and nekros from it, just feel bad for the other players that still need to face him.

There is no challenge in a bullet sponge with insane armour.

This.

Sadly, the fight hasn't actually been improved, since there's effectively nothing different about it from its days in U10 aside from stomp resistance. It proceeds pretty much the exact same way it did before, it just takes longer since he's a bigger bullet sponge; something DE themselves have admitted doesn't make for fun or engaging gameplay. It simply tests the player's patience, not their skill.

EDIT:

Indeed.

But, is equipping corrosive projection that hard?

You yourself noted in the other thread that it only makes about a 2% difference if you're running solo (which some guys are forced to do due to netcode issues). ;-)

Edited by Taranis49

You yourself noted in the other thread that it only makes about a 2% difference if you're running solo (which some guys are forced to do due to netcode issues). ;-)

Not a 2%. Going from 3% to 5% is a 60% damage increase.

But it's true that a level 60 Lephantis might be a bit too high for solo.

I managed it with a Nova and Frost. XD I was SO glad that they fixed the issue with the level 1 Lephantis. I did it the other day and one shot him with my Grinlok, I was like, what the heck that's not right, usually it takes at least a while to take down one head, not one shot the sucker. =P

I like this boss, yeah he's a bit of a bullet sponge but at least he's got some sort of interesting mechanics over him with the weak points and things. Better than how things were before. =P 

I managed it with a Nova and Frost. XD I was SO glad that they fixed the issue with the level 1 Lephantis. I did it the other day and one shot him with my Grinlok, I was like, what the heck that's not right, usually it takes at least a while to take down one head, not one shot the sucker. =P

I like this boss, yeah he's a bit of a bullet sponge but at least he's got some sort of interesting mechanics over him with the weak points and things. Better than how things were before. =P 

And he is pretty resistant to most WF powers now, so you can't slow or stun him to cheese it out.

That is a good move as well.