Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Lephantis Was Ruined. (Aka Giving Something Alot Of Health Doesnt Make A Fight Harder)

Zeimaster

Recently Lephantis was raised from level 40 to level 60. with those 20 levels came alot of new health for lephantis, and a very high damage resitance. 

Does all of this make Lephantis harder? Does it make Lephantis more fun?

Short awnser: No.

Long awnser: I somewhere read something that lenghtening a fight does not make it harder, but makes it annoying. You get the idea that you are not achieving something, because usualy when you fight lephantis you have the best weapons. atleast one prime weapon and a max level'd potatoed warframe. You SHOULD be able to defeat lephantis with somewhat ease. 

Usualy my Dread can deal 2700 damage per shot on Lephantis his heads, this what okay because he had a decent health pool making him take decent hits but not hits that could cripple him instantly. Now lephantis got more health and you deal LESS damage to him so the player get's punished twice. 

"Hold on" you might say, "Lephantis must be dealing more damage too right? Or he has some new attacks to make him more of a challenge" And that is the wierd thing. Lephantis deals no more damage then before and neither has more attacks. it is still incredibly easy to dodge his attacks, which made the fight fun! Because you had the possibility to neglect damage by rolling away from it or jumping over it.

The "New" Lephantis is a BORING fight, where your attacks have little to no effect, and his attacks are easy to dodge making the entire fight somewhat take forever and new attacks wont fix that because that would make lephantis a unfair fight.

The only fix is reverting his levels back to the usual one, because back then there was nothing wrong with him, and now he is a stoplight made out of titanium. Where you can only shoot the green light for 3 seconds for 600 damage while his health pool is in the 600000.

Pls fix DE.

Edited by Zeimaster

Since Lephnatis got a larger health pool he also got a S#&$TON of damage resitance making us do little to no damage.

Why would someone in the right mind give something like 40000 health per head, and make us deal like 64 damage per Boltor Prime bolt?!

Now I will never get that new stance..

Edited by Zeimaster

Lephantis was no cakewalk before U14, that is why i loved him, but now it takes FOREVER to even take care of one of the heads in the start.

I made a more detailed post in feedback on this matter about how Lephantis is now a boring fight.

I didn't now that... That... sucks.^^'

I agree, making a fight longer by giving the boss insane health doesn't make it more interesting. Just longer. And sometimes boring.

I can confirm that!

What ruined ZOE for me was the hard-mode was pretty much just every boss battle had health extended. (The EU version... they felt that they needed to make the EU version harder because americans complained??)

A lot of games developped by the Japanese end up with higher difficulty by default for other continents, especially for Europe (many games in US and Europe end up with their "normal" difficulty being the "hard" japanese, go figure).

Some games even have some diffculty levels tailor made for them (eg : European extreme in MGS). Apparently Japanese players' idea of challenge is closer to what "time attack" is. Finish a level as fast as possible. So speed. For the rest of the world, challenge means enemies can kick your @$$ if you're not careful, and you can't one shot everything because that's just boring. You need to strategize to defeat your enemies and get the loot for us, for the Japanese you must find the fastest/safest path to reach it. That's just the general idea, it's not applicable to every game or player of course.^^

Edited by Marthrym

I didn't now that... That... sucks.^^'

I agree, making a fight longer by giving the boss insane health doesn't make it more interesting. Just longer. And sometimes boring.

A lot of games developped by the Japanese end up with higher difficulty by default for other continents, especially for Europe (many games in US and Europe end up with their "normal" difficulty being the "hard" japanese, go figure).

Some games even have some diffculty levels tailor made for them (eg : European extreme in MGS). Apparently Japanese players' idea of challenge is closer to what "time attack" is. Finish a level as fast as possible. So speed. For the rest of the world, challenge means enemies can kick your @$$ if you're not careful, and you can't one shot everything because that's just boring. You need to strategize to defeat your enemies and get the loot for us, for the Japanese you must find the fastest/safest path to reach it. That's just the general idea, it's not applicable to every game or player of course.^^

The US version of SOE was normal like the Japanese version. Just suddenly decided EU weren't allowed to have it like the rest and instead of adding actual difficulty we got enemies that had more HP. I ended up starting my game again out of annoyance just to play the game in the regular setting. My idea of fun is not to spend 1 hour on a boss

Lephantis was lvl 80 for the team I was on. Procs did not work at all (which is a little ridiculous considering it is pretty much an infested ancient boss). Final kick in the nuts and slap in the face was we pretty much got nothing but equilibrium after all of our work. I was doing the most damage with an amprex with corrosive damage and 125% crit chance. Still took way too long and only ended up saying "freaking(won't use word i really used) finally" and didn't feel like it was worth it.

Edited by Chiwwy1

While I've been having a blast with the new level increase I can see how it hurts solo play. I've been playing with groups to farm 11th Storm and had a lot of fun because we could take our strongest weapons and not feel cheap about it since he lasts so long. While I felt that he needed some tweaks him lasting so long allows you to have a better experience and seeing all of his mechanics. Although this is speaking to a 4 person squad, each fight lasted 10-20 minutes. He doesn't have enough variety to justify fighting him so long(2 hours) as a solo player. A simple fix would be to have his level scale to the number of people in a squad at the start of the mission 1=lv40, 2=lv60, 3-4=lv80.

While I've been having a blast with the new level increase I can see how it hurts solo play. I've been playing with groups to farm 11th Storm and had a lot of fun because we could take our strongest weapons and not feel cheap about it since he lasts so long. While I felt that he needed some tweaks him lasting so long allows you to have a better experience and seeing all of his mechanics. Although this is speaking to a 4 person squad, each fight lasted 10-20 minutes. He doesn't have enough variety to justify fighting him so long(2 hours) as a solo player. A simple fix would be to have his level scale to the number of people in a squad at the start of the mission 1=lv40, 2=lv60, 3-4=lv80.

That makes the most sense.

But i would prefer this though.

Maxed level cap

1 = 50 

2 = 60

3 = 70

4 = 80

Because right now, if you actually brought only 1 weapon instead of 2, Lephantis actually is of much lower level, he scales accordingly to conclave as well.

This new Lephantis is stupid.

Does it take longer for me to solo him? Yes.

Is it actually any harder? No.

My Boltor Prime with R9 Serration, R8 Heavy Cal, and Maxed Stormbringer, Cryo, Infected, Thermite, and Malignant hit for a whopping 32 damage per bullet. With my Roar this was increased to a whopping 49.

Whoopty damn doo. I can still solo him. If the point was to discourage us from soloing him, making him a bigger bullet sponge won't exactly achieve that. All you're doing is discouraging newer players who don't have all sorts of min/maxed gear from being able to challenge Lephantis.

Meanwhile, for the rest of us, it's no more fun, it's just a larger annoyance since it takes longer.

Level 40 was fine. If you really just want to make it a bigger sponge, Level 50 then. Level 60 is just overkill. No one wants to sit there and hold M1 so long when it's not even a challenge and just a time sink.

The increased defenses is important. But yeah, he needs to have are larger variety in attacks as mechanics. The boss is big, but not remotely interesting.

>tfw Lephantis needs to be on the rework list.

Also, although it wasn't much, what happened to the infested that were summoned by Lephantis during the fight? Why did they take that out and make it even MORE boring?

Actually that is incorrect. Many games like Metal Gear were dumbed down for other countries, because the game was considered way too difficult outside of the country. NG series is another good example.

Honestly it would be fine without the reduced resistance. On the nice side... I was able to farm 14 of them before they level update so yay for market prices skyrocketing for them.

Problem with Old Elephant? He would have died instantly without us experiencing his mechanics or anything. He desperately needed a defence buff. Now he needs more attack variety. Each head could use two new attacks or even one to mix things up. You can still completely dodge the Grineer head by just standing on the platforms in the last stage of the fight.

Problem with Old Elephant? He would have died instantly without us experiencing his mechanics or anything. He desperately needed a defence buff. Now he needs more attack variety. Each head could use two new attacks or even one to mix things up. You can still completely dodge the Grineer head by just standing on the platforms in the last stage of the fight.

Yes he needs more AOE attacks and attacks that disable player controls.

Like a black hole gravity attack that sucks you in while he releases toxins that bypass your shields.

hoo boy, he will one hit you harder than ever before !

Good thing is if you have a sprint speed of 1.25, you can sprint for your life and avoid most of the damage.

That makes Rush mandatory for all frames :)

Lephatis is Great! Stop crybabying!

All the bosses in this game are to easy, and Lephatis is now how a boss suppose to be!

Endgame bosses does not suppose to be a cake walk. In no game, are endgame bosses a cake walk.

I am happy the DE buffed, this Boss!

You crybaby tenno always, ask and say, "oh its to easy," but when DE buff, the way bosses suppose to be, you guys crybaby!

Lephatis is still to easy! I beat him 4 times today, for 11 storm so I can trade and sell it.

My last thing to say is the Lephatis is still to weak. Lephatis should take no affects from all warframe abilities!

Nuff Said!!!

I believe Lephatis needs more platforming elemets. Like when the floor falls in, there should be platforms, the size of the landing pads, you have to jump to and from them to dodge gas clouds, Lephatis scythe, and Lephatis darts. Lephatis should be in the middle, attacking the warframes on the platforms. Last the platforms should be moving around, and if you fall you should take damage.

ps this game is so easy, my early days of play sonic the hedgehog, streets of rage, golden axe, super mario world, crash bandicoot, and many others will put this game to shame.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Yes he needs more AOE attacks and attacks that disable player controls.

Like a black hole gravity attack that sucks you in while he releases toxins that bypass your shields.

hoo boy, he will one hit you harder than ever before !

Good thing is if you have a sprint speed of 1.25, you can sprint for your life and avoid most of the damage.

That makes Rush mandatory for all frames :)

Excuse me for saying this, but what?