Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kubrow Dilema

Warugi

I am aware that there is a lot of topics bringing up kubrows and whats bad about them I've been trying to figure a way to be constructive about the subject. There will be lots of text so here is your warning but I will put overviews if you want get basicly the same idea but without all the details.

The Egg

Lets start with the egg which you get from breaking feral kubrow dens sounds simple. but the eggs are a rare drop which in its self not bad but combo this with other things about kubrows that bug me.

Incubation including maturing

Okay so you have a egg you now get to incubate it but to do so you need a power core which not including the price of the blueprints will cost you 100k credits and a argon crystal. which the 100k credits price tag turns me away from breeding. after you have that built you put the egg in and wait for two days unless you spent 15 plat to rush it. You then have to wait for 36 hours for it to mature.

Genetics

Okay here is where the RNG is strong. Its its your first kubrow your going to have to random it which if your lucky you'll get multiple desirable traits. But some traits you can't tell till its grown like the body type of the kubrow: skinny, normal, muscular, and chunky. The trait you can see the moment it hatches is if it has a fur pattern and or fur color if any besides white. On top of all that there is its temperment: huras, sahasa, sunika etc.

Breeding etc

Breeding to get the kubrow you want seems like a novel idea right well you can only take two scans of a kubrow to get a higher chance of getting dominate traits as in all of them so your going to have to breed multiple times to get a kubrow to look how you want it unless you get really lucky oh and you can't empty a stasis slot so it is possible to have for example 50+ kubrows in stasis to get just one kubrow you want.

Possible solution

For the egg if everything else stays as is it would be nice if the eggs were uncommon instead of rares. The incubation and maturing time would be nice to have it at two days total. As far as the crafting price for the power core I think 50k roughly would be acceptable and still cost a argon crystal. For breeding having a way to select one or more multiple genes in the imprint like have a craftable imprint that lets you do that would be nice and how ever many traits it can take makes the price go up slightly. And a way to empty out the stasis slots in a kind way would be nice. Oh and something that bugs me is that till after you name your kubrow you have no idea what temperment it is. it would be nice to know what temperment it is before naming it.

Overview with solution

The eggs

There rare (make them uncommon)

Incubation and maturing

costs 100k and a argon crystal and you will have to wait 84 hours till you have a fully mature kubrow (cut the price to 50k and a argon crystal and the time to 48 hours or so)

Breeding etc

All the RNG and no way to kindly empty kubrows you don't want (let us have a way to select traits not a all or nothing feel to imprints and let there be a way to give kubrows to someone else or to lotus (she likes puppies right? lol) and a way to know the temperment before naming would be nice)

ON the other hand, Kubrows are suppose to be like a better sentinel that you can use for some games.
For new players you are suppose to maybe build carrier sentinel first since it is cheaper and works all the time, when you get more power and money you can invest in a kubrow that can boost you for a few rounds.

Besides i feel like the absurd price is maybe to siphon away some credits from players who has a lot stored up, will probably see a price drop down the line.

ON the other hand, Kubrows are suppose to be like a better sentinel that you can use for some games.

For new players you are suppose to maybe build carrier sentinel first since it is cheaper and works all the time, when you get more power and money you can invest in a kubrow that can boost you for a few rounds.

Besides i feel like the absurd price is maybe to siphon away some credits from players who has a lot stored up, will probably see a price drop down the line.

Yeah that is true. Its just to me personally there is some things about how kubrows work currently that encourage breeding a kubrow to get what you want then to punish you for breeding.

As far as I know the 100k credit power core only needs to be constructed once but since I've only done 60 or so runs of E Prime I don't have an egg yet so I could be wrong.

As for the other ideas... Yes, yes, three times yes.

The power cores are consumed after use so each time you make a kubrow you have to craft another one.

Great thread here, definitely highlighting the main problems of the Kubrows.

I also have a problem in that I wanted a Raksa Kubrow and ended up with a Sahasa. My friend now tells me that even with 2 Raksa Imprints, RNG is still involved and I could therefore still end up with a Sunika at the end...

If I have 2 Raksa Imprints and I use them on an egg, it should be a 95% chance to get a Raksa Kubrow from that egg. 

P.S: 100K DNA Stabilizers, 100K Power Core (+50K for BP)... too many credits!